“Really nice location”

Ranked #33 of 62 Ko Phi Phi Don B&B and Inns
Uppsala, Uppsala Län, Sweden
“Really nice location”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The location of PP Nice is really nice, it's in the quiet end of the beach next to the mountain, but still not so far away from the busy streets. When it was not low tide it was awesome to just walk 30 m from the bungalow to the beach.

The family (?) running the place was also friendly. There was unfortunately no alcohol sold at the place, which was a surprise for us.

It was a good deal for the price!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Ko Lanta, Thailand
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Though the reviews are quite bad for this place, did'nt find it so bad for the price.

The bungalow we found comfortable and clean. It was generally quiet except on one night we got surrounded by a chinese group and they decided to shout across to each other from bungalow to bungalow rather than walk over. But that was not the fault of the resort. There was also a few bugs in the shower room but you have to come to expect that.
The staff I must say are pretty useless. The reception and the resturant staff look constantly bewildered, that's when they are awake.

One bad thing I will say is the breakfast made me vomit and that was before was given the hot food. Don't drink the juice as it is sitting out all day and not in a cooler of any sort

It is on the quieter side of the island and has a lovely little beach bar next to it called Deaf Gecko, where you will meet up with some great characters. One of which is Decko the barman, the man is nuts. All in all it was fine.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AirMac365
Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

The location is good. In the quiet end of the beach and away from all the hustle and bustle but still a short walk from everything. Everything else about this place is average to poor though. The restaurant is Muslim and doesn't serve any alcohol. The service is also dreadfully slow. I mean I recognize we are on "island time" but this takes it a bit too far. The room we had was supposed to be the "deluxe bungalow" but was actually a duplex bungalow attached to another room. The wall between the 2 rooms was paper thin and we could hear everything taking place next door like it was in our room. We were there 3 nights and they didn't clean the room once. We had to ask for more toilet paper hitch they provided us from behind the bar of all places. The bathroom has ventilation slits in the concrete walls without screens in them instead of windows. Why not just put screens on those to avoid bugs and Mosquitos coming in?! We had to basically treat the washroom like outdoors and make sure the door was always closed between the room and bathroom. There is no closet and nowhere to hang anything in the room at all, except for in the balcony outside. Te value for money was average, and given the choice I would not stay there again but the slabs was SUPER busy and it was the last decent looking place in our target price range left.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank KeithCanuck
Paris, France
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I am very happy to find this hotel on Tripadvisor where I spent 3 nights in February 2012, so I can write a review on it ... This was the worst level of service I have ever experienced in a hotel ...

I booked 3 nights in a bungalow with sea view at this resort throughout an official travel agency based in Phuket, at a price of around 130 € per night (it was peak season).

When I arrived at the counter of the hotel and showed my voucher to the Manager, he sent me off and told me this was'nt the right place because it was written on the voucher PP Nice Resort (the Beach was missing)... I asked him where the hotel was, he and his colleague or wife (a woman who was with him) just gave me a map of the island and made me understand to sort out myself. They didn't want to help me but I insisted and started to get upset at them as I could feel something was wrong. They didn't want to hear anything and started to ignore me. Hopefully, I remembered that I had the mobile phone of the travel agent who made the booking. I immediately rang him, explained the situation and passed my mobile phone to the Manager. They had an argument, the travel agent phoned back a second time, they had a second argument, ... until the Manager told me that he had a bungalow available but not the one with the sea view. I strongly refused and told him I wanted the bungalow with sea view that I paid for, as it is written on the voucher.
What happened is they had to kick out some people who were in our bungalow .... we left our bags, went for a walk and came back a few hours later in order to leave them some time to kick them out and to clean the room.

The bungalow was simple in a Thai style, clean (they provide you with a broom if you put some sand inside), not insulated (you can hear everything from outside), with A/C and a safe box. Bathroom was very simple, dirty (don't forget your flip flops), shower had low water pressure and you are only given a very small soap (don't forget your soap and shampoo).
Towels were dirty (patches) and we had to ask every day to have them changed.

The hotel is quite isolated as it is situated at the left hand side of the island when you arrive from the pier : quite OK as you are far from the noise and crowd of the city centre at night but quite far away from Long Beach.

Staff was rude and not profesional. Breakfast was disgusting : just 2 toasts, butter and jelly / jam with a fried egg and a glass of orange juice.
We didn't try food (lunch or dinner) as we didn't want to give more money to the owners and we wanted to escape from this place. Also, hygiene of the kitchen dodn't seem very good.
This place is definitely not worth 130 € a room, those people are irrespectful and don't deserve to run a resort in such a nice place. They spoil the reputation of Thai people who are usually very friendly.
If you are looking for a resort, look at a hotel at Long Beach or on the other side of the island behind Long Beach but book in advance as everything gets full in high season ...

Room Tip: Don't pick the bungalow with sea view as it has a large glazed window facing a path where everyb...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Florent J

Travellers are raving about these Ko Phi Phi Don hotels

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Resorts on Phi Phi are all more expensive that other places in Thailand so it was not surprising that this was overpriced. The rooms are clean and a good size, there is air conditioning and a bar fridge and the balconies are great. But I certainly expected more for the 2300 baht I spent per night. They could improve the condition of the bathrooms and some of the furniture. Also, they could hire better staff! The woman on the reception desk was very unhelpful but also quite nosy - instead of helping me to find wifi, she wanted to play with my iPad and wanted to know what I paid for it! Not professional. Also, the restaurant is non existent - no staff, and no atmosphere...
But is in a really beautiful spot on Phi Phi, a quieter part of beach with amazing views.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

We agonised for hours when looking for a hotel in Phi Phi and finally settled on PP Nice Beach.

Located at the far end of Tonsai Bay, it is reassuringly far away from the chaos at the pier! (10 mins walk)

We stayed in a garden view bungalow. Room/Hut basic with good a/c. Night time was quiet, no noise from the clubs. Bathroom humid and pretty weird. More of an all encompassing wet room! Long and thin with slits in the walls for vents. (We had a visit from a friendly cockroach on the first night!) Shower almost on top of loo (easily possible to sit on loo and shower at the same time!!)

Inclusive breakfast was basic (2 types of egg on toast, or just toast!) with the restaurant on the beach (fab view distracts you from rubbish breakfast!)
Staff nice and want to help- but language barrier can make it a struggle sometimes.

Accommodation on Phi Phi seems seriously hit and miss with very few mid-range options. It is far more basic than the photos would lead you to believe and it is expensive for what you get, however I would recommend PP Nice beach as an option to consider. Out of preference would recommend Mama Beach (literally next door) as offers far more creature comforts!

• Stayed October 2012
Wien
Reviewed 3 August 2012

we came there without booking, and because we were tired, we decided to take the bungalow for 1500 baht/2 persons/night even if we thought it was too expensive.
the beach is nice, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the bungalow was quite clean but very small.

the bathroom was awful (very dark and very humid) and the breakfast was a joke (choose between toast with scrambled egg or toast with boiled egg or toast with jam and instant coffee + instant "fruit juice")

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends