“It was nice”

Ranked #15 of 111 Restaurants in Ko Phi Phi Don
Price range: US$2 - US$5
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pum Thai Restaurant & Cooking School - open throughout the day. Daily cooking classes available.
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

It was clean, friendly and quick. The two dishes ordered tasted way too similar to really be two different dishes.

First place I have been where service wasn't included in the price - just be aware.

Would give it a 3.5 if I could, but maybe a 3 would be a little harsh.

PumThailand, Propriétaire at Pum Thai Restaurant & Cooking School, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2014

Dear WJ99, thanks for your review.

Two dishes on the menu are indeed cooked with the same sauce, which is why they taste similar, and we understand your comment.

The service charge on top of the shown is prices is the rule in Thailand, if you abide by the law, as is confirmed on tripadvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-s606/Thailand:Tipping.And.Etiquette.html

Thanks for the 4 anyway!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The best food I have eaten in Thailand. My wife was more impressed and ordered a further two dishes after she finished her meal. I love hot food and there are plenty of fresh and crunchy chili peppers to munch on in this place. The prices are great too. I paid €3 for the best green curry I have tasted in my life and I generally find green curry delicious anyway, therefore this was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. The chef has excellent English and was a very pleasant a friendly man, he was very knowledgeable on spices, peppers, rice etc. Thankfully my wife purchased a few jars of the curry paste that we can try again when we get home

PumThailand, Propriétaire at Pum Thai Restaurant & Cooking School, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Jimbarry100, thank you so much for praising our food and curry paste. In a couple of weeks our new website will be set up, and you will be able to buy our pastes and sauces online, and never run out of Thai food in Dublin's fair city!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I had lunch twice at Pum Thai on Phi Phi Island. This restaurant was clean, had a great, hip ambiance, and had amazing-tasting, fresh food and drinks. The selection of food was small compared to the overwhelmingly thick menus you get at most other places, but it had a great selection of noodle, soup, & rice dishes along with a few others. I loved the unique selection of fresh homemade juices available. My first lunch was Vegetarian Fried Noodles with a fresh Roselle juice and on my next visit I had the famous Green Curry & an amazingly fresh homemade lime juice. This was truly one of the best Green Curry's I've ever had! It could have been spicier as I requested EXTRA, extra spicy, however the flavorful blend of herbs and spices made up for it! This is one of Phi Phi's best restaurants, and it's also CHEAP. Dishes are 99 Baht or less! Don't miss out!

PumThailand, Propriétaire at Pum Thai Restaurant & Cooking School, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear HollyAG, you've said it all! Thanks for appreciating our cuisine and drinks, and taking your time to share the experience on tripadvisor. Ìf you want to cook our curry by yourself, it will soon be possible because we will very soon have our online boutique, where you will be able to buy our curry pastes and other ingredients.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We had such a fun time at Pum, our hostess/chef was brilliant! She even sang to us while we cooked! The recipes and method are so easy to follow and you learn about Thai culture too. Would definitely recommend if you are looking to learn some quick and easy Thai dishes!

Dear Tinkerbobble, thank you for your kind review. Recipes of my Lazy Cuisine are indeed simple, to allow you to cook at home without stress! But don't forget to smile and sing while cooking, it is important to ensure a great result. Remember the curry paste song? Pok pok pok, Touk touk touk...

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had dinner in Pum's and we really like it, was delicious and atmoshere was really nice there. We decided to take cooking classes and it was great expirience. There was ingredients introduction and we cooked 3 simple meals, there was also a little chat about culture and life in Thailand which I really like it. At the and we eat our meals and got book with few recipes. It was nice kind spending of time, don't expect that you will be Thai chef after 3 hours course.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Dear iwona k, thanks for your comment. Indeed our aim is not to transform into a Thai chef, which would not be possible in one course anyway, but to teach you simple recipes you will be able to cook easily when you are back home. You will nevertheless impress you friends, because they don't know how easy it is! Hush! That's our secret...