“IF HELL WAS A HOTEL....”

Phi Phi Power Beach Resort
Ranked #60 of 64 Ko Phi Phi Don B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Ok so firstly im going to start by listing the good points of the hotel....

Ok so now the bad points

1. Poor customer service, the main guy is rude, ignorant and is highly suspicious of anyone who turns up at the hotel (dont like to use that word to describe this place). Obviously has no computer system in place so unless you have proof of booking your out of there.

2. No restaurant at all. If you want food you have to go to the hotel about 300 meters away.

3. Worse WIFI ever

4. No power between 6am and 6pm - This was such a joke that I had to use the light from my phone to be able to see the toilet as no window in there

5. The room...where do I start....Broken toilet, broken sink, broken tv, broken safe, beds hard as concrete, locks on doors ridculous.....a 4 year old could prob break in!

6. No entertainment apart from a crap pool table, but god forbid you play as your be attacked by mozzies constantly, no bug protection at all.

In summary, this is the worse hotel i have ever stayed at ever, we only stayed here as we had no where else to go. Its a total rip off and im embarrassed to have ever stayed here, me and my friend were reading books at 10pm in our room as there was literally nothing else to do!
The place should be shut down as its so bad!

Stay here at your peril, I did 2 nights and when we finally left me and others on the taxi boat were laughing and smiling, we had escaped the hotel from hell!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Roger D

Reviewed 11 January 2014

awful location, awful service, staff spoke terrible English and did not seem to have record of our booking.... we re named the place "powerless beach" as they turn the power off and on through out the day.... that being said the fan rooms had no fan during the power outages. wifi would only work in lobby. no real food available. thank god for the place next door or we would have starved. our room was up a long and very sketchy flight of "stairs" (if you can even call them that) varying in both shape and size making them very hard to navigate especially during the night.

there was so much trash littering the grounds and they seemed to dispose of it by lighting little fires all over the property....

place is a decently expensive boat ride away from the Main pier and once you're there you are basically trapped until morning.

if this was a cheap hotel I would chalk it up to "you get what you pay for" but this hell hole cost almost $100!

do not waste your money!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Ashley G
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

I've done my fair share of travelling around the world, Asia, Africa, Europe. This is by far the worst experience I've had. Check in was painful. Our room was at the top of the hill, the steps to get up there are an utter joke, so dangerous its unreal. We got into our basic but clean room, chucked out bags down and went for a drink in the resort next door. I came back alone on the evening for a shower and clean up before dinner. The whole 'resort' was in complete darkness. I asked the staff why there was no light. They laughed at me and said 'not today'. They gave me 'candles' which were beer cans full of petrol with a rag coming out like a little petrol bomb. I went into the room to try to have a shower, to find that there wasn't any water either!! I just went to the resort next door to have dinner filthy dirty. After dinner and few drinks i went back to the room, to find it riddled with bugs and a huge spider under the pillow. Luckily, I had friends staying next door so i slept on their hard wooden floor. I had a night there the next day too. I had to check out, this place isn't fit for human beings. Even ones ones on a budget. AVOID THIS 'HOTEL'

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Advisorkev
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

What a piece of crap! We booked in here to find absolutely nobody else at the "resort." You have to take another ($800 Bot) boat from KPP Harbour to this hole for starters. The beach is terrible and sharp. The restaurant was out of everything and the staff (also the hotel staff) didn't speak a lick of English!

Not bad enough yet? K here's the two final kickers. The electricity in the rooms (including wifi) is turned off until 6pm everyday cause the owner is cheap and cuts corners wherever possible. AND last but not least...the toilets in these raised bungalows do not have a pipe connected out the bottom. Meaning when someone in a room flushes...oh yea...you see it all fly out the bottom of the bungalow.

I'd rather try my luck sleeping in the ocean than spend another night here!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sullivancouver
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We arrived at the power beach resort at night to find the whole place in complete darkness. The staff just sat us down and then carried on doing whatever they were doing.
After a while we asked when we could go to our room and they didn't seem to have a clue what was going on and it was almost like they weren't even expecting us.
The room itself was okay, huge bed, sea view etc. But after digging out a torch to use the toilet all I found was cockroaches and an ice cold shower.
Within an hour of being here I was in tears.
The management couldn't care less about anyone's complaints and the whole attitude of the place was terrible.
The location is either a 1000tbh (£20) boat ride away or an hours trek through the jungle. The only positive of this is you are far away from all the noise and have a nice quite beach to yourself.
We made the most of our experience staying here but was glad to get away after 3 long nights.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank alice_harding
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Basically, we landed on Koh Phi Phi without having booked anything in advance expecting there to be at least a small choice of rooms - there wasn't, so we ended up with Power Resort and no wonder it was the only hotel on the island still available! We begrudged paying as much as we did being backpackers but it looked nice from the brochure and the situation sounded beautiful so we didn't dwell on it.
It is definitely NOT worth the money. The brochure lies and the beach is definitely nothing special. They obviously chose the name power resort to be ironic as they had at least three power cuts while we were there. People were trying to check in and they just abandoned them in the dark! Luckily we already checked in so we headed to the restaurant at the neighbouring resort (FAR better, stayed there the following night for less money, nicer beach, nicer staff!).
When we finally decided we'd have to return to our actually resort at some point, it was to more disappointment. The whole bungalow shook with every step, it smelt musty and left the smell on my clothes, the bathroom was like a concrete prison cell and the gaps in the floor were so big any number of bugs could crawl in. In fact I found the biggest spider I've ever seen hiding in my towel. It's like they've rushed to finish the place and done a rubbish job in the process.
The reception area doesn't have any information regarding tours or the local area but we did book a great half day tour again with the resort next door (Relax Beach Resort). Basically, go next door.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I will try to sum up as much as i can, this was the worst experience i've ever had in my life! total rip off for even 1$ (we paid 90$).
The hotel is far away from everything and can only be reached by boat, so you cannot go out at night to escape the miserable experience.
There was no electricity!!!!! rooms were full of bugs!!!!!!! Girls with us started crying after this experience!

DO NOT EVER GO THERE!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't EVER go there