I stayed here for 2 nights with my wife, her parents & our 7 year old son. Only regret is that we didn’t stay here longer as we broke up our stay between multiple hotels in multiple locations (Laguna Phuket, Patong, here, & a hotel near the airport). This all inclusive hotel has it all, seclusion, beauty, ambiance, beauty, wonderfully friendly staff, beauty, multiple excursion options, & did I mention BEAUTY!!
It should be noted that it takes a 2 hour ferry ride to/from the resort, then a short 100 yard long tail boat ride to the shore. I noticed that many people commented “dislike” of the long tail boat ride to shore but my family absolutely loved it, stating that the long tail ride was “part of the trip’s charm”. If anything could be changed it would be a faster commute on the ferry. Upon arriving at the shore, the hotel even has a little de-boarding platform/ladder that keeps everyone from getting their feet/shoes wet.
Upon getting ashore we were escorted to a shaded seating area where the staff tended to us with cool eucalyptuses infused towels & an ice cold drink, while at the same time our luggage was separated from everyone else’s and taken to our room by porters. My son was intrigued by a neat looking shell at his feet that contained a hermit crab, while everyone took in an absolutely breath taking view. The check in process was smooth, streamlined, and quite efficient. We were impressed that no one seemed worried about obtaining credit card information for incidentals while on the island. The path to our room was a beautiful stroll along brick pavers and lush tropical landscaping with orchids flowering upon every palm tree which were planted inside of coconut shells affixed to the trunks of palm trees.
Our room was a small bungalow with its own porch deck & a drying rack in front for wet swim wear. Prior to going up the steps to the deck, there is a small bucket of water with flower petals floating on the surface & a coconut affixed to a handle to dip water out of the bucket to wash sand off your feet prior to entering your room. These water bins are also located as you exit the beach.
Inside the room was a king size bed & a separate single mattress for our son. We were received with a balloon animal on the bed. The floors were surprisingly spotless without a single grain of sand though we were practically right on the beach. The room is well laid out with a TV, Desk, belongings safe, & refrigerator. The beds were more comfortable than any of the other rooms we stayed in while in Thailand & the pillows were nice & soft. Housekeeping left us a porcelain tropical island frog keychain as a farewell memento on their last visit to our room which was a very nice touch that even the Four Seasons did not add to their five star services.
The front desk personnel were always helpful and full of smiles with each inquiry or need.
The infinity pool that dropped off into the beach and ocean on the far end from the front desk was breath-taking but there were no restroom facilities for changing or use.
The sunset bar is a must do experience! Although “quite a hike to the top” per my wife (really not bad), it was well-worth the exercise. Drinks could be colder and the mixed drinks were mediocre.
The beach was fabulous with sunsets, sunrises, lounge chairs, swings, hammocks, and sitting tables. It is groomed every morning. The water is shallow and calm enough for my seven year old who liked to venture out to its roped limits and my mother-in-law who doesn’t know how to swim.
The dive shop accommodated my desire to dive, my family’s interest in snorkeling, and did not charge for my mother-in-law to come along. My diving instructor brought along a helper to snorkel with my son and even provided one of the diver instructor’s own personal masks that was a better fit than the ones provided by the shop. I was able to dive in multiple locations.
The food was decent with some variety & “made to order” eggs for breakfast. For dinner they had the buffet as well as a display of fresh catch items for a little more $$. Our only issue was that there was not a lot of choices for a 7 year old who is used to a more Western influenced diet.
As we departed, the staff gathered to perform a ceremonial drum & percussion performance and remained on the beach to wave farewell until the last guest had departed to the ferry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawasdee-krab! Welcome to Paradise. Where else in the world can you walk from your bungalow straight on to a magnificent white sandy beach with coral reefs teeming with marine life? The resort is fully accessible from Phuket or Krabi. Guests from all over the world escape to Phi Phi to experience the tropical haven of Laem Tong Beach national park where Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island is situated. Tonsai Bay, the island's main township, can be reached within 35 minutes by long tail boat offering more than 100 shops, restaurants, bars and the fascinating sea view point. Water sports activities, including snorkeling, diving, canoeing, fishing and long-tail boat charters are available. For your convenience, contact the reservations team to assist you with your transfer bookings by speed boat or ferry from either Phuket or Krabi. To ensure a warm & efficient welcome, please provide us with your arrival and departure details ie. flight number and hotel or transfer details before and after your stay. Thank you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Holiday Inn Phi Island
- Phi Island Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi Don
- Ko Phi Phi Don Holiday Inn