Stayed for 4 days and enjoyed a relaxing time in a superb setting. We were in a coral wing beachfront studio...very nice and great view, although the tree directly in front blocked most of it...bit of a pity but it did provide good shade and a spot for a swing to be hung from. I have to agree with some other reviewers about the room, it was reasonably clean but there was some attention to detail missing. The only complaint was that the door to the outside shower could not be locked due to its poor installation. Food was very good at the beach restaurant, didn't try the buffet and breakfast was also adequate and the view from all restaurants was outstanding. Ate at Jasmine just down the beach which was also good. The pools were good but didn't use them much as the beach is why we were there....beach was awesome. Unfortunately there was a it of rubbish in the water. Maybe the hotel could get some staff to do clean ups during the day, especially at low tide. Staff were very helpful and assisted in all our needs. Had a great massage at the spa and went on a couple of long boat trips to Phi Phi Ley and Bamboo/mosquito island. Would recommend leaving at 7 for the phi phi ley trip...we left at about 745 and maya beach was just a little busy when we got there. By the time we left half an hour later it was out of control busy with speedboats and crowds. The same for bamboo/mosquito when the boats from Krabi turned up at about 1030. So go early morning or late afternoon would be my advice. Enjoyed a drink at the sunset bar at night although drink service could be slow when it was busy. It was a beautiful way to end the day. Band at the bar at night sang some old classics which was great, but they wrapped up about 930 so all was quiet after that...the beach was still there to go and enjoy a moonlight drink after that. Used Zeavolas speedboat service to return to Phuket because the timing was good...they were very helpful too. There were a few mosquitos and sandflies too so remember some good repellent.
Overall it was a fantastic place and probably best suited for couples on a romantic getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawasdee-krab! Welcome to Paradise. Where else in the world can you walk from your bungalow straight on to a magnificent white sandy beach with coral reefs teeming with marine life? The resort is fully accessible from Phuket or Krabi. Guests from all over the world escape to Phi Phi to experience the tropical haven of Laem Tong Beach national park where Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island is situated. Tonsai Bay, the island's main township, can be reached within 35 minutes by long tail boat offering more than 100 shops, restaurants, bars and the fascinating sea view point. Water sports activities, including snorkeling, diving, canoeing, fishing and long-tail boat charters are available. For your convenience, contact the reservations team to assist you with your transfer bookings by speed boat or ferry from either Phuket or Krabi. To ensure a warm & efficient welcome, please provide us with your arrival and departure details ie. flight number and hotel or transfer details before and after your stay. Thank you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Holiday Inn Phi Island
- Phi Island Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi Don
- Ko Phi Phi Don Holiday Inn