The natural beauty surrounding this resort is absolutely breath taking.
The beach and the surrounding areas are as good as it can get, clear waters turquoise colored, white clear sand it has all the makings of a typical tropical heaven.
The resort too gives justice to these burlesque surroundings, service was fabulous very courteous and well mannered and always there to help. I have been to Thailand a couple of times, staying at a couple of well known resorts, in terms of staff responsiveness and courtesy this resort clearly stands out.
The rooms are nice and spacious and being very near the beach one is to expect a bit of sand coming in the room. The resort provides free snorkelling equipment and Kayak and with a few meters from the resort one can see a lot of corals. Try venturing out in the low tide and at really shallow waters you will be able to see some real good aquatic marine life. On one occasion I was able to see a live coral range (near the resort) and the view was straight out of one of the scenes of “Finding Nemo”
Near the resort there are beautiful spots for snorkelling (Mosquito Island and Bamboo Island) providing great reasonably shallow watered snorkelling experience. You can book a boat right next to the resort and can bargain for a good deal.
Something absolutely lacking and a desperate need for revamp is the restaurant the resort has to offer. The restaurant is ageing with age old cutlery (some of which look quite grouse), very few limited meal choice, a very average buffet break fast and above all an appalling lack of hygiene. On one of the occasion I found an insect in my curry, on another I saw a cockroach running around in restaurant and on yet another instance found my plate stinking of egg. I understand that a property next to beach will have its fair share of the insect world hanging around but to have one in your curry is pushing it a bit far.
As an alternative you can venture out of the resort and find couple of places to eat, one named Swasdee is ok and has some decent choice of menu, though the rates are comparable to the resorts restart.
All in all a wonderful place to stay (expect the food)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawasdee-krab! Welcome to Paradise. Where else in the world can you walk from your bungalow straight on to a magnificent white sandy beach with coral reefs teeming with marine life? The resort is fully accessible from Phuket or Krabi. Guests from all over the world escape to Phi Phi to experience the tropical haven of Laem Tong Beach national park where Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island is situated. Tonsai Bay, the island's main township, can be reached within 35 minutes by long tail boat offering more than 100 shops, restaurants, bars and the fascinating sea view point. Water sports activities, including snorkeling, diving, canoeing, fishing and long-tail boat charters are available. For your convenience, contact the reservations team to assist you with your transfer bookings by speed boat or ferry from either Phuket or Krabi. To ensure a warm & efficient welcome, please provide us with your arrival and departure details ie. flight number and hotel or transfer details before and after your stay. Thank you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Holiday Inn Phi Island
- Phi Island Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi Don
- Ko Phi Phi Don Holiday Inn