Lowest prices for your stay
US$111
FindHotelUS$111
Agoda.comUS$93
ZenHotels.comUS$171
3,130 results
All reviews sunset bar long tail boat garden bungalow beach front infinity pool jasmin restaurant beautiful beach laem tong our honeymoon white sandy beach outdoor shower maya bay speedboat transfer relaxing holiday scuba diving tonsai pier thai food
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was our 3rd visit so I guess by that you know we love holidaying here. Our stay of 11 days was the perfect way to escape some cold winter days back home. Our check in was efficient but I must say the welcome drink was a little odd, used to be a nice cold juice concoction, not sure exactly what it is now. Strange taste, please bring back the juice. We stayed, along with our friends, in garden bungalows 300 and 301 by choice. We love the outlook onto the beautiful garden, sitting on the deck in the late afternoon with a cold G&T listening to the birds is a delight. The deck on 301 is worn however and in much need of replacing as is a lot of the wood work around the resort. We had a good chat with the new GM, Stefani, and he said they are working on it.

The beach is so beautiful, we enjoyed high tide for swimming and low tide for snorkelling, swimming in the rain is fun too! Love the fact we can sit under the shade trees, we even had a visit from a very pretty golden tree snake.

One thing that stands out for us is the friendliness of the staff, from the gardeners to housekeeping, bar, restaurant, office, water sports, well just everyone! Even if we can't manage a conversation we always get a smile, but we just love having a chat to them all.

If you want a quiet restful holiday away from the world then the resort here is just the place. And guess what, we will be back. Thank you to everyone for another perfect stay and Toom, keep the Christmas emails coming.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Nithas S, Front Office Manager at Phi Phi Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Maudie56,

Thank you very much for taking the time to upload your review and for the positive comments made about our hotel. Especially the staffs were friendliness and Toom as you have highlighted. They will be delighted to know their efforts and personality have been recognized.

With regards to you have chat with our GM. We would have informed you that we are currently undergoing soft renovations,decorations will be done thru 2014.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback and hope you will be back to our resort soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I and my family visit the hotel in May 14 we are really have fun the frontdest staff and friendly and kind,also the housekeeping team they always helpful.We also visit the sunset bar we found that it's the best place of the hotel we definately come back soon.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mineng S
Nithas S, Front Office Manager at Phi Phi Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Mineng S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to upload your review and for the nice comments about our hotel! Especially the staffs at front desk and Housekeeper, they will be delighted to know their efforts and personality have been recognized.

We hope you will be back to our resort soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed for 2 nights in Holiday Inn, and we loved every minute of it. The arrivial was fantastic, with a longtail boat coming out to meet our boat and being transfered right to the beach. Check in was smooth and didnt take long. The resort is incredible, ths place is a little piece of heaven, the beach is beautiful and perfect for snorkeling. You can borrow snorkels and fins from the hotel for free, and we spent about 3 hours over the standing height coral looking at numerous species of fish. The staff here have a fantastic attitude, always smiling and service was fantastic. We ate in the restaurants twice and it was great too, food was good quality and fresh and not as expensive as other reviews have made out. For Breakfast there was alot to choose from from thai food, to fresh breads, cereals, frys, and fruit.
After reading a few recent reviews about the rooms being a bit outdated we where a bit nervous on arrival, however our bungalow was perfect for us, it was clean, and yes it wasnt the most modern hotel room but it has everything we needed and we spent the majority of time enjoying the incredible views on the beach. We noticed the hotel is currently renovating some of the rooms which shows the management do listen to their customers needs. We also ventured up to the hotels sunset bar, this climb is totally worth it, the views are perfect and great place to enjoy a nice cold beer. Our only regret, is not staying in Holiday Inn longer!

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sarah321321

Dear Sarah321321,

Thank you very much for taking the time to upload your review and for the positive comments made about our hotel and location. Especially the staffs were fantastic. They will be delighted to know their efforts and personality have been recognized.

Comments like the one you have provided give our team continue motivated in delivering high standards of service.

We hope you will be back to our resort soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The natural beauty surrounding this resort is absolutely breath taking.
The beach and the surrounding areas are as good as it can get, clear waters turquoise colored, white clear sand it has all the makings of a typical tropical heaven.

The resort too gives justice to these burlesque surroundings, service was fabulous very courteous and well mannered and always there to help. I have been to Thailand a couple of times, staying at a couple of well known resorts, in terms of staff responsiveness and courtesy this resort clearly stands out.
The rooms are nice and spacious and being very near the beach one is to expect a bit of sand coming in the room. The resort provides free snorkelling equipment and Kayak and with a few meters from the resort one can see a lot of corals. Try venturing out in the low tide and at really shallow waters you will be able to see some real good aquatic marine life. On one occasion I was able to see a live coral range (near the resort) and the view was straight out of one of the scenes of “Finding Nemo”

Near the resort there are beautiful spots for snorkelling (Mosquito Island and Bamboo Island) providing great reasonably shallow watered snorkelling experience. You can book a boat right next to the resort and can bargain for a good deal.

Something absolutely lacking and a desperate need for revamp is the restaurant the resort has to offer. The restaurant is ageing with age old cutlery (some of which look quite grouse), very few limited meal choice, a very average buffet break fast and above all an appalling lack of hygiene. On one of the occasion I found an insect in my curry, on another I saw a cockroach running around in restaurant and on yet another instance found my plate stinking of egg. I understand that a property next to beach will have its fair share of the insect world hanging around but to have one in your curry is pushing it a bit far.

As an alternative you can venture out of the resort and find couple of places to eat, one named Swasdee is ok and has some decent choice of menu, though the rates are comparable to the resorts restart.

All in all a wonderful place to stay (expect the food)

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank azharaga
Nithas S, Front Office Manager at Phi Phi Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear azharaga,

Thank you very much for taking the time to sharing your experience about your stay and for the positive comments made about our hotel.Especially the staffs, they will be delighted to know their efforts and personality have been recognized.

Regarding to your comments about the food hygiene, I have share your comment with kitchen team in order to address all the issues mentioned and take the necessary actions to minimize re-occurrence. Any how, I would like to share with you that our hotel conducts BI weekly pest control visits and sprays against mosquitoes and insect each time.

Regarding to your comments about the food having had limited choice, our Executive Chef is currently working on improving our menu offer and service at the restaurant.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback and look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Ok, where this hotel is situated it's pure paradise. There's no way you can't leave the island relaxed after staying here.
To get here you need to get the ferry or a long tail, there is no pier here!
The resort have their own longtail they use to transport you from the ferry to the beach.
Once on the beach we were welcomed and our ihg status was recognised, all great small touches.
We had booked a coral wing beachfront studio for 7 nights, we were driven to our studio where our bags had already arrived.
Be under no illusions, this is a holiday inn! The room is basic. After being very spoiled at the banyan tree in Bangkok this room was a shock to the system.
The room is showing some serious signs of wear, needs a good lick of paint and a major deep clean.
The indoor shower/toilet was awful, it needs stripping out and re-tiling. The sliding door was almost coming off.
Not to worry, I thought, we have the outside shower room.
How wrong was I?!
The outside shower area was splattered all over the place by bird poo! This wasn't recent it was caked into the walls! Clearly no one had bothered to check this or even attempt to clean it up in a very long while.
Not a great start, but then we opened our patio doors and were presented with a view of paradise! That said the patio was filthy and needed a good scrubbing down!
My partner and I both agreed if we were coming here on our honeymoon we would be very disappointed!
I can accept wear and tear but I don't accept shoddy cleaning standards no matter what price we pay for a room!
I started to read the folder containing the resort info and found that it had bed scribbled on every page with comments and some drawings!

Not wanting this to spoil our holiday I said it's just a blip, we can sort it out. I went to reception to explain all this and they said it would be cleaned again.
It wasn't! If they did come in I didn't notice. I even had to clean the bird poo myself off the walls after 2 days!
I left the resort folder still with its graffiti as no one changed it!

You might think I wouldn't return after all this, you'd be wrong!
Yes the room was dirty and falling apart, yes I had to clean bird s**t off the walls.
After 2 days on the beach I didn't care! It's just so tranquil, no one bothers you and you end up not being bothered!
It's a shame nothing was done after my initial complaint and then a second one at the members cocktail party at the sunset bar.

The guys in the resort restaurant were lovely and the food was good and fairly priced for the location.
Jasmines is a lovely place to eat. Just walk past the resort and you'll see the tables!

Room tip: Ask for a clean room with no bird poo There's a shop by jasmines that sells cheap beer, go there to avoid the resort shop. Don't book a treatment at the resort, these are expensive, walk down the beach and you will find a much cheaper and in my opinion a better massage, in a better setting.
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ultreen
Nithas S, Front Office Manager at Phi Phi Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear ultreen,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience at our hotel.

It is with regret to learn that you found our room was not up to your expectation. Therefore, your comment has been passed on to the management to take appropriate action. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced.

By the way, I am glad to share with you that our rooms are currently undergoing soft renovations, like the re-tiling of the bathrooms. Decorations and flooring will be done thru 2014.

I have shared your comments about cleanliness with our Housekeeping team in order to address all the issues mentioned and take the necessary actions to minimize re-occurrence.

I also appreciate your comment about the guys in the resort restaurant were lovely, such feedback ensures our team stay motivated in delivering high standards of service.