Our family was very surprised with how nice this was for the price. Beach location pretty much unbeatable. Good rooms, not too fancy and comfortable. Overall resort was low key and good for R&R. Prices for meals a little more expensive than street food but not too much and it was affordable to eat in the resort all meals (including free breakfast - at our other hotel in Phuket it would have been $60 for a family of four). Opportunites for making it even better-
a) Better communication on specifically how to get there. I see many compliants on this board about having to take the seperate 30-40 minute long tail boat ride from Tonsai Bay - we did too for 2,000 baht for 4 people. Should be a seperate email sent to guests that you can take a ferry straight there for the free Holiday Inn 5 minute longboat ride. We figured this out too late. On return it worked great.
b) Sunset bar. Awesome view - but not well marketed. Only found it by chance exploring the resort. Should be listed as a must do at the resort.
c) Walk to the next bay - it is possible to walk to the next bay for a quick change of scenary - again not well marketed and a golf cart going back and forth would be nice.
But overall great place and great staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawasdee-krab! Welcome to Paradise. Where else in the world can you walk from your bungalow straight on to a magnificent white sandy beach with coral reefs teeming with marine life? The resort is fully accessible from Phuket or Krabi. Guests from all over the world escape to Phi Phi to experience the tropical haven of Laem Tong Beach national park where Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island is situated. Tonsai Bay, the island's main township, can be reached within 35 minutes by long tail boat offering more than 100 shops, restaurants, bars and the fascinating sea view point. Water sports activities, including snorkeling, diving, canoeing, fishing and long-tail boat charters are available. For your convenience, contact the reservations team to assist you with your transfer bookings by speed boat or ferry from either Phuket or Krabi. To ensure a warm & efficient welcome, please provide us with your arrival and departure details ie. flight number and hotel or transfer details before and after your stay. Thank you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Holiday Inn Phi Island
- Phi Island Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi Don
- Ko Phi Phi Don Holiday Inn