“Nice rooms, LOUD! expensive”

Ibiza House Phi Phi
Ranked #39 of 65 Ko Phi Phi Don B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The rooms at Ibiza house are great, clean and the bathrooms are pretty good as well. We stayed in a 3 bed room and the facilities were top rate, staff are pretty friendly also. The hostel is located 50 yards from the main party area on the beach but be warned the walls are paper thin and if youre after an early night youll need some ear plugs.

The place is pretty pricy for what you get and similar places in the vicinity are just as good but cheaper.

Not a bad place to stay but you can do better if you have a look around.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 August 2013

During my first night I had a huge room about 50 meters from the beach. The size is the only positive point I could think of though, the building is old and came along with a penetrating stench of I don't know what. During the night I could hear the girl from the massage room next door stalking people by offering happy ending massages, I quote: "Hello mister massage happy ending I give you good price!" Thankfully she didn't have any customers that night, I'm not sure if I would have heard any of that though, since the bars are insanely loud at night. Besides being kept awake by all this I stumbled upon a couple of huge cockroaches once I got back to my hotel at night. After killing these and covering them up to prevent having a cockroach gathering at my room the day after I tried to get some sleep under my sheets which I drowned in DEET. The next day I insisted on seeing the manager because none of the staff spoke English, but he couldn't be arsed to show up. Since I couldn't get a refund for my stay I asked to be moved into another room. This room came with a less penetrating stench and no cockroaches for as far as I've seen, but the horrible staff and noise had already ruined my stay in Koh Phi Phi.

Room Tip: Try avoiding rooms on the ground floor, which are the most disgusting ones with most insects. Rememb...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We arrived to island in heavy rain but were welcomed at the pier by a member of staff from Ibiza House who took our bags in a cart and led us to the hotel (which is good as it wouldnt be easy to find alone). We were quickly checked in, although 1000 baht deposit is required per room which was not mentioned in advance. We had 2 rooms, one with and one without air con. The one without was above reception, had a balcony and a powerful wall fan. The bathroom for this room was shared with 3 other rooms but was super clean. The otehr room had ensuite and was nearer the beach, however this means the music from the bars booms in throughout the night.security doesnt seem the best around the rooms however there are safety deposit boxes in reception and there always staff watching these. We got our full deposit back no problems however people who had got paint or burn marks on the bed sheets were having more trouble. I would recommend this place if you plan on spending time at the beach bars but not if you looking for a early night.

Room Tip: Book a non air con room - you'll save money are you are furthest away from the noise on the beac...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jay B
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for one night, and decided that it would be fun to stay near the party part near the beach.

But oh my god it's so loud, it's like the party is in your room with you!

The walls were shaking from the bass from the cubs about 40 meters away until 4 in the morning. Our ceiling shook when there was any sign of movement from upstairs.

The room is large, clean and generally nice. No tv tho (would have thought so as it's expensive).

The staff were helpful and nice, there are safety deposits where guests can store their valuables at reception. 1000 baht deposit on arrival. No breakfast included.

This place if perfect for those who want to get drunk and party all night long with a larger than average budget.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Olivia K
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We booked 4 nights here as there wasn't much options left when we went to book. Room on the surface is ok. Accommodation in general in Phi Phi isn't nearly as good as the rest of Thailand, so this room was actually ok. It doesn't have a fridge however, and no tv...which we got everywhere else we went. The main problem I had with the place was when we woke up after the first night we were extremely hot. Took us a few moments to realise the power had gone. Then we realised the water was gone. I went to reception, they said 1hr, that turned into 2 and by the time we were leaving 4 hrs later there was still nothing. The staff never once apologised and didn't really know if there would be water later. I asked her if it was going to be the same for the rest of the stay and she said yes. When I got annoyed about this, she said she didn't speak English and pretended to not listen. We checked out and found somewhere much better for a fraction of the price. The place is noisy but Phi Phi in general is, and we slept through it! Think all hotels should have water and electricity though!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DublinLass26
Reviewed 27 August 2013

If you want to relax, this is not the right place.
The hotel is 50m from the beach, where the bar play a very loud music until 3-4AM.
The bathroom at 106 room is also a swimming pool since the clogged drain. That is disgusting.

The rooms is ok.. and they clean it every day.
We paid 12 dolars per day in a fan room..

Room Tip: Run away from 106 swimming pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and I honestly could have stayed longer. The location is perfect. We had booked a double room, private bathroom with a fan. We ended up getting given a triple room which had two fans and we were on the ground floor. We were literally a 1 minute walk from the bars on the beach which had fire shows, cocktails etc. We saw that a lot of people have complained about noise on here but I would say we had one of the noisiest rooms in the house and we slept. We could hear muffled music till the wee hours but it is a party island and it really didn't keep us awake (the only time I would be wary is if you had young children because it could effect their sleep).

Our room was huge and was cleaned everyday even though we often overslept so thought we would have missed the maid. One bonus was we weren't expecting the hotel to have wifi but it does!

There were only two small downsides here one was that the room had no tv. This really didn't bother us as we don't watch TV on holiday but all our other Thailand accommodation has had one. The other was that one night when we got back to our room at about midnight we had a cockroach; however, I would not say this was a complaint as even though it was midnight we found a staff member and he dealt with it straight away for us (brilliant customer service so late at night!).

On our last day we had both got a bad bit of Thailand belly from a restraunt nearby. We didn't have a coach till 3 and literally could not get out of bed. We were able to arrange a late check out very cheaply and at very late notice which was a relief as I could not have walked around in that state.

Ibiza house thanks for having us!

• Stayed: August 2013