“Party Palace”

Blanco Dorm Room & Beach Bar
Seoul, South Korea
“Party Palace”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Listen, if you are over 28 seriously do not come here. With that being said this place is a rad time. It was a massive party and everyone had an amazing time. I suggest you have ear plugs if you don't black out super heavy because the neighboring bar runs music until around 4. I didn't mind it but some might. Staff is fun and the location is unbeatable. I really suggest coming here if you like to party hard.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Thai first
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Things I liked about that place:

- The owner Mr. Ed was very nice and helpful

- The location is the best it's on the beach...so the view is amazing but expects sands everywhere in the room, toilet and shower

- From its name it's also a bar so you can order from the menu breakfast, lunch and dinner (I didn't order any food so I can't say anything about it) just ice tea and of course it was overpriced

- It's not far from the Pier

- I was there during the NYE so it was the cheapest I can get (I paid 600 Baht for a dorm bed)

Things I didn't like:

- While the location is great and it's on the beach, it's also located at the bars area which means the loud music is on from 6:00 pm till 6:00 am (good luck trying to sleep)

- There's only 3 toilets and showers for the entire hostel so expect to wait and they are dirty...I found blood stain covering the toilet lid and the floor

- No hot water

- No wifi

- you need to bring your own lock

- It's a party hostel for young backpackers who like to party all night long so if you are not one go somewhere else 'cause you'll end up very disappointed and tired from the lack of sleep

- The room is very simple no A/C just fans, and there are no wall sockets just the ones for the fans

- No much cleaning going on esp. in the dorm

I booked 5 nights there but after the 3rd night I had to leave because I couldn't take it anymore.I was going mad from the lack of sleep, I even didn't get a fully refund!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I'm 24, I'm here with 3 other lads who like to stay up late and party and we aren't fussy at all - and we hated this place. I'm giving it 2 stars coz during the day the bar isn't too bad, it's really relaxed and lots of comfy places to sit. Otherwise I wouldn't stay here, and we booked 4 nights and leaving after 3 (our last night being tonight - can't wait to go to our hotel tomorrow).

To begin with, the whole place is run down. The room itself made a prison cell look luxurious. Just 3 bunk beds and 3 fans. The window didn't even have a blind or a curtain or glass, just a mosquito mesh, so as soon as sun rises the room is alight and wakes you up. The fans were terrible, and had to be kept in their static position as when they were in the mode where it swings left to right they made such loud creaking noises we couldn't keep it like that. The fans did a good job of circulating the warm air, nothing to really cool the room down.
When we got here we all had a good laugh at how bad it was. We went to nap at 6pm as we had travelled all day and come 7pm was the heaviest and most torturous baseline coming from somewhere outside that was so loud it sounded like a subwoofer was pressed against the door to our room. This got louder and louder and continued til 3am, although this wasn't really a problem coz we were out later than that. The problem we had is coz we were out so late, when we got in at 6am we could only snatch a few hours sleep before the sun woke us all up at 10am.

The worst bit about here is the hygiene. The showers are just horrendous, the first night they were freezing cold (which I believe is normal, there is NO hot water here), the 2nd night no water came out of any of the showers (I tried all 4), not a drop. So showering was horrible, or just plain unachievable. The taps on the sinks were just as bad; a trickle of water and no soap to be seen anywhere. I just want a warm shower and to feel clean.

So yeah this place is fine during the day to chill out, but as a place to sleep and rest and wash, no chance.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

This hostel was utter hell and pure filth! The toilets were completely disgusting with poo and other "secretions" everywhere so we ended up walking down the beach to use a different establishments toilet. The rooms were absolutely minuscule so nothing like the picture and they were filthy. We were totally over run with bed bugs, about which the owner couldn't give a monkeys. We had to spend the day after our stay having every item washed and fumigated. The showers were also horrendous with them not working more than half the time and bugs and worms making a home for themselves in there with you. The music is outrageously loud. Even the most heavy duty ear plugs had zero affect on the horrific noise. There's no glass at the windows so you hear the full lot of it until about 4. An absolutely nightmare stay which I would absolutely NOT recommend to anyone. Any good reviews on here have been made by hippies that don't care about all their clothes being riddled with bed bugs and personal hygiene. Filth. The lot of em

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank StephbeanioCole
Isleworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Rooms was filthy, no glass in the window, blood and dirt smeared all over the walls (have uploaded a picture) and absolutely riddled with bed bugs.
We left after catching about 20 massive blood filled ones in 5 mins.
The worse room I've ever seen, was nothing like the photos. Tiny room and deafening house music filled the room until about 4am
Owner didn't care that we had massive bed bugs even though we showed him a massive pile of them that we killed.
We had to pay loads to have all our clothes and bags dry cleaned at over 60 degrees to kill them.
Wouldn't send my worse enemy here. This is the first review I've ever written for a hostel but need to warn people!!!

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank JenniferGormley
London
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Loved this hostel! Koh phi phi was one of my favourite places in Thailand, it is absolutely beautiful. The hostel is just on the beach and the people working there are really really lovely. It is loud though, the mixed dorm we were in was right next to the bar and that plays loud music until 2-3am but if you have ear plugs your okay! There's a short walk, about 5-10 minutes to the shops and 15 minutes to the pier! The bar is great, pretty cheap drinks and they do tasty food! The bar is on the beach, a few others bars around it! We had a great time in phi phi, such a good party island! Would recommend this place to anyone looking to come to Thailand!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Koh Phi Phi was the most fun place I went to in Thailand and Blanco is a a primary reason why. This dorm/bar is ON the beach and conveniently located next to a nightclub, which is next to a night club, which is next to another nightclub... you get the picture.
You don't come to Koh Phi Phi, and especially Blanco, if you want to sleep. This may be the best party spot in Thailand, outside of Koh Phangan, because it is literally all backpackers (no families, sex tourists, people seeking a cultural experience) who want to lounge in paradise all day and party all night.
The facilities are bare bones at best: no AC, toilets are in a separate building, no luggage lockers, thin walls (it's located next to a dubstep club), and inadequate hot water. But balance that out with an amazing location, friendly hotel staff (my friend wanted another night there but they ran out of rooms so they gave him a hammock for free!), and some of the best people I met traveling and you have a definite winner. I can not recommend this place enough

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo