We had an amazing stay at the Outrigger resort that was beautiful, peaceful and relaxing. The Outrigger is a spectacular resort nestled in the northeast shore of Phi Phi Island. Its location is elegantly placed and wonderfully secluded from some of the more visited areas of the island. I have endless accolades for the Outrigger but truly their greatest asset is their staff. I was constantly impressed with the service at Outrigger, from every level. Upon arrival, we were immediately greeted by the hotel staff, given a refreshingly cool towel, a fresh drink and then a quick walkthrough of our check-in paper work. Since we were on our honey moon, we were introduced to our resort “coordinator” Jay (he may have had a different title, but that’s how I remembered it). Jay became our friendly “face” of the resort and while he was there, assisted us with anything we needed. You are truly treated as royalty there.
As I said the hotel is elegantly situated on the bay with bungalows that line the shore and rise up into the surrounding rainforest. From dawn to dusk, the groundkeepers work on keeping the jungle from its timeless assault on the resort grounds, an assault that the staff tirelessly deter every day; from sweeping the paths, cleaning the gutters, removing creepy crawlers, to cutting back the ever encroaching foliage. And as you drive (golf cart service) or walk by, the staff stop their work, smile and voice a sing-songy Sa-wat-dee Kah or Kraup (a cheerful greeting you hear a lot at the resort) before returning to their work.
We were upgraded from the garden bungalow to the hillside villa, and at first we were concerned about this change. We had a feeling that this was done because the villas are harder to book. The problem with the villas is that they are situated on top of the hill overlooking the bay and it’s a long and steep walk up and down the hill to the pools, beach, lobby etc. When we asked about this however, we were told there was a golf cart services that we could access 24/7 whenever we needed. This turned out to be more convenient than we thought, the rides were never more than a 10 minute wait and they came whenever we requested it. If you are upgraded, please ask about this service because the Villas do have some unique amenities that may be worth this minor inconvenience.
As for food, make sure you make the quick journey to the village behind the resort, you will not be disappointed. The village is home to several restaurants, dive shops, bars and miscellaneous shops. The food here is nothing short of magnificent; fresh ingredients prepared to order. Every restaurant we dined at was amazing but two really stood out: Buffalo Head and The Red Tuna. Both demonstrate how you can take fresh ingredients, prepare it simply but expertly and provide a world class meal at a bargain price.
You can also check out the dive shops for snorkeling, scuba and other excursions. I recommend the Knockout Bar- ask for Mr. Chet.
In short, amazing honeymoon at the Outrigger Resort, phenomenal staff, service and wonderful memories, hope we can return some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A dream-like boutique resort situated on a private 800 metre stretch of pristine white sand beach lapped by the turqoise waters of the Andaman Sea. The resort is set on 70 acres of coconut palm plantations, in the privacy of Loh Ba Gao Bay on Phi Phi Island. Accommodation is comprised of 144 traditional Thai style bungalows and 12 exclusively private Hillside Pool Villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort And Spa
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Phi Island Village Beach Hotel
- Phi Island Village Beach Resort
- Phi Phi Island Village Resort