Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort
Phi Phi The Beach Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
US$110
US$151
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Phi Phi Hotel(Ko Phi Phi Don)
US$46
US$38
  • Pool
P. P. Palm Tree Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
US$85
US$74
  • Pool
P.P. Erawan Palms Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
US$77
  • Pool
Phi Phi Banyan Villa(Ko Phi Phi Don)
US$67
US$54
  • Breakfast included
Zeavola Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
US$337
US$202
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Tohko Beach Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
US$41
  • Beachfront
US$50
  • Free Internet
4,627 results
All reviewsmarlin restaurantcoconut grillhillside villaknockout barthe early birdbeachfront junior suitethai restaurantlong tail boatour honeymoonpublic ferryrecreation centertennis courtsswim up barmaya baylow tidebeach frontpad thai
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our trip to the Outrigger Ko Phi Phi. Although in a quiet location and remote setting, there is A LOT to do! This part of the island is secluded and away from the crowds. This is VERY important as the crowds in other areas got out of hand. We quickly figured out that we were in the BEST spot. Our bungalow was towards the rear of the property which as ideal for visiting the "Village" which was to the back of the property as well. As you take the walk to the other side of the island, through the Village, you will unfortunately start to see a lot of trash, most of it from the 2005 tsunami, which brutalized the other side of Ko Phi Phi Island, directly behind the Outrigger Property. I am surprised that this trash has not been picked up at all and people continue to throw trash everywhere. It's shocking. The trash (old muddy toothbrushes and shampoo bottles, hotel room items, etc.) is hard to look at. You will only see this if you walk around the island everyday, like we did. You also need to walk to the other side if you take a private long boat ride for the day. If you go to the Village, there are several little dive shops. There's a young man named Motte that was very helpful. He hooked us up with a long boat guide for the entire day that will take you to all of the dive spots and beaches. The prices are very low (100THB is $3.00US), so we tipped the boat capt. very well. This is the BEST way to go... renting the long boats from the Village. If you want to be with crowds on a big stinky boat, book yourselves on the one from the Outrigger. You'll pay a lot more too. Too many people on the boat. Smokers and people that wear cologne on a boat to a beach (?). Hideous sandwich for lunch. This is NOT the way to go. BUT: The Outrigger was truly gorgeous. That was honestly the best part of this trip was that we stayed there. It was nice at the end of the day to go back to our private, lovely bungalow. Everything in our room was beautiful! VERY well appointed and thought out to every detail. The SPA was AMAZING! We had several treatments several of the days. We really took advantage of the amazing culture and environment and first rate spa amenities. This is a MUST. We had couple's massages in a jungle bungalow that was surreal. Make it a point to book yourselves into the Spa. The FOOD at the resort was FANTASTIC! Every single thing we ate was incredibly delicious. Really. I couldn't get a bad meal. I rarely love everything I order, but that's exactly how it was at Outrigger Ko Phi Phi. We stayed on the Thai menu, of course, but there was a Western menu as well that we didn't touch. The Thai food was VERY good. The service was impeccable. It was my partner's birthday and the maids wrote a happy birthday note on the bed in palm leaves and orchids…..VERY nice. They really did pay A LOT of attention to detail at this resort. This resort is very secluded and quiet, so get ready to relax and get away from the crowds. The water in front of the hotel isn't really "swimmable", so walk to to the other side of the island to Nui Beach. You will climb over a hill with a rope and find a beautiful, pristine beach within walking distance of the Outrigger. If we were to return to Ko Phi Phi or SE Asia, we would stay here again. This was a good experience and I'm glad we chose this resort. Thumbs Up.

Room Tip: We liked the rear of the property for easy access t the "Village" and other parts of the island and hikes. It's a BIG property so it can be a longer walk from other bungalows.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LaJollaLauren
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This resort is a very good one, located away from the bedlam on the Phi Phi main accommodation area. We booked as part of an excellent custom-designed island hop put together by Andaman Sky, who I highly recommend for both price and service. We were hoping to go for a night out but the resort told us that they couldn’t guarantee we would be able to get back later on, as the boatmen might say the waves were too rough. So we didn’t get our night out on the town, which was a bit disappointing at the time, but not in retrospect, as we instead spent extra time resting and recuperating, which is what a holiday should mainly be about for us. Our grown up kids didn’t see it the same way, but I’m sure they’ll get more than enough nutty nights back home.

The pool area is very attractive, although getting a lounger was an issue, due to the usual problem of selfish people reserving one for the whole day, but only spending a couple of hours in it. The resort is a fair size, which gives it a spacious feel, so long as you don’t mind a bit of a stroll to your room, which we didn’t.

The resort really took my breath away from the moment I first saw it, that coast of Phi Phi is such a gem, I felt relieved we hadn’t booked in the central accommodation area, where people appeared to be packed in like sardines. The coconut trees and crystal clear water are what make this a resort to remember, like some beautiful lost paradise out of a fairy tale, it was just like a dream come true to me, just what I’d been dreaming about through a long winter. There are 4 restaurants so you are spoiled for choice as to what to eat and every meal we had was delicious, the pool has bar stools in it so you can have a cocktail while still in the pool.

The rooms we got were clean, beautiful and spacious. The breakfast was good with a massive variety of juices and fresh foods. We ate in the village behind the resort at a fraction of the resort prices and quite enjoyed it, but would not have wanted to eat there regularly.
The resort’s greatest asset is their staff - I was really impressed with the service levels at Outrigger. On arrival, we were greeted by the reception and given a refreshing drink and cool towel, plus warm smiles, which seemed to stay on the staff faces effortlessly throughout our stay

Room Tip: Book with Andaman Sky as part of an island hop down the coast, we did and had a wonderful time.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank judeedee1
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

This place is like paradise. Come here if you are after a relaxing holiday like no other. It is more of a couples
Honeymoon retreat so probably wouldn't suit singles as the main area of phi phi is 30 mins away by long boat! So if you aren't after nightlife this is the place to be on phi phi. You can take a day trip up to phi phi village through the hotel long boat and then spend your nights relaxing at the hotel restaurant or the village behind the outrigger (this secret village is a must visit whilst at outrigger - definitely the buffalo bar!). Although the staff won't tell you about it - but very easy to find!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I don't think you'll find a more beautiful, well maintained resort on Koh Phi Phi. Everything about this location was picture perfect. Service was a bit slow, but I'm from the east coast of the US so everyone is slow to me!
Food and drinks were top notch. And the spa!! To die for. Would go back again, no question.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank iloveshoes72
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while traveling through Thailand and had a hard time leaving. The resort is on a beautiful beach and has one of the best pools I've seen at a resort. We stayed in a Superior Bungalow and thought it was perfect - good size, comfy bed and nice bathroom. I had debated upgrading to the Deluxe and was perfectly happy with the Superior.

Overall, the food and drinks were a bit overpriced, so we ate most of our meals at the village behind the resort. One night we had dinner at Ruan Thai and enjoyed the romantic ambiance. The food was very good but not much different than what you could get in the village behind the resort. It is, however, worth it for the experience.

If you dive, I'd recommend going through the dive center at the resort. They had a nice dive boat and equipment and made sure we had a very nice day of diving.

Outrigger is a beautiful and romantic resort, and I think the best place on Ko Phi Phi. I'd definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple