“It made my blood boil...”
Review of Bay View Resort

Bay View Resort
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed 8 April 2008

There may have been a few positive points about this hotel eg beach, location, views...however I could never recommend it to anyone nor will I ever stay there again having suffered at the hands of the rudest most incompetent front desk staff I have ever encountered. It would not matter enormously at most hotels however at the Bay View you rely on them to collect you from the pier in Tonsai and return you promptly for ferry connections and this seems to be a major issue at this hotel. Nor do they make any apologies for it, in fact I was shouted at when I made a simple enquiry as to when our luggage and the remainder of our group were to be picked up, I've never been spoken to like that at a hotel before, it was completely unacceptable and believe me when I say that I'm really not that fussy.

Therefore I strongly suggest you do not choose this hotel when you visit PP.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Clairus

Reviewed 3 February 2008

We have just got back from Thailand and had a fantastic holiday, this was helped by staying at Bayview. We were in B109 which is in the front row of villas so you get the best view. The room was clean and comfortable. Yes the shower is salt water which is not the best but this island is still recovering from the tsunami.

I read People complaining about the climb to the villas but if you want to have the views then you need the villas to be on a hill. Also all the other resorts that are on the flat are in town where all you hear is the noise from the bars.

I would recommend this resort to anyone and would book it again if we go back to Phi Phi

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 3 January 2008

Bay View Resort is located a few minutes out of the main town area on Phi Phi Island. It consists of several small bungalows on stilts dotted
\ up the side of a hill overlooking the bay.

When we first arrived on the boat, we waited for about twenty minutes before a long boat arrived with a hotel representative and we (with our bags) were loaded aboard and motored across the bay to the resort,
which faces out onto the beach. Originally we were concerned because we thought that maybe we would have to use a boat every time we wanted
to go into town, but it didn't take us long to work out town was just an easy five to ten min stroll along a paved pathway.

Checking in was easy enough, staff were ok but not very friendly. Our bungalow was high up on the hill and once we had struggled up with our
bags we were rewarded with the most magnificent view of the entire bay. The room was basic, but clean, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom wasn't fantastic, and the water from the shower was a bit yuk at times. But it was an inexpensive place to stay and the beauty of the island more than made up for it.

Breakfast was quite adequete and is served in the restaurant which fronts directly onto the beach. The restaurant is also open for lunch and dinner. In nice weather (most of the time!) dinner tables are set right on the sand and tiki torches and fairy lights make it a beautiful place to dine in the balmy evenings. We had dinner there three nights of our four night stay, as it was convenient and a really pretty spot.

Don't stay here if you want luxury or if climbing up a hill poses a problem. Otherwise, for a cheap, well-located place to stay, Bay View is a great option. Just make sure you pack lightly because getting those bags up the steep narrow stairs on the hill is a good workout!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Sophiesparents
Reviewed 24 November 2007

We had booked a Superior Delux room for the last nights of our Vietnam / Thailand holiday. We arrived to and increadibily shabby room with plaster patches over the walls, broken door and very shabby bathroom. We asked to be upgraded but were met with a "No, this is our Superior Delux"! We are full and that's that.

We tryed to find other accomadation on the island and couldn't so had to take the first night. Then to top it all off, the house staff and gardeners had their lunch room and gathering place under our deck, we could look through to them, absolutly no privacy.

We contacted our agent in the night and checked out the next morning. This was an unfortunate insident as we liked the island and village.

The hotel manager was obstructive and should not be a front person dealing with customers.

As others have said, you need to be fairly fit here as some of the hills are a climb.

Nice island and we will be back, just not to the Bay View.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RBNZ
Reviewed 15 November 2007

we upgraded to a sea view bungalow before we departed oz. When we arrrived they said they had no booking for us even though i had the hotel voucher. Our room was right up the top which was a very steep climb (that didnt worry us at all ) but our view was blocked by another bungalow. We asked to change but they said they were fully booked so could not.
The room.
stale,musty,high suspicion of creature manafestation,

The Bathroom
absolutely disgusting ,flush toilet with a bucket of water. The saltwater only shower was great. Bought bottled water every day to rinse off after shower.

I really think maybe we got the worst room in resort,the others may not be so bad by other reviews but based on my experience I WOULD NEVER EVER RECOMMEND OR GO THERE AGAIN

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank balmainboy
Reviewed 15 October 2007

We went well prepared, after reading all the reviews of the Bayview..... there has been a lot of negatives written about this hotel. Here is my version....

The rooms are a climb, but the view from them is worth it! They are basic, and yes, the shower floods every time you shower, but it takes not time to dry. The 'river' you have to cross to get to the hotel amused me, as I had to wonder why they have not built something to overcome this? The breakfast was certainly sufficient, although the friendly service seemed to be lacking. The swimming pool area was just lovely, and the service around the pool was fantastic! The massage by the pool was also top rate!

The hotel is a good distance from the action of Ton Soi, but close enough to be an easy walk.

Would I stay here again? Yes.... but I would not recommend it to others, as I feel it would be a personal choice. I would certainly not recommend it to the aged!

As for Phi Phi itself... I just loved my time there and would definately recommend it to others!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank Mumjo
Reviewed 24 September 2007

Stayed here for 4 nights.
Bungalow was ok, nice bathroom and very clean.
The rooms needed some painting and the front and bathroom door where blocked every time i opened it.
The view from the balcony was very nice.
It is a 10 minute walk from all the Restaurants and Shops.
Dining on the beach in the evening was very nice, staff were ok.

• Stayed: September 2007