“Calm space on a loud island”

P.P. Erawan Palms Resort
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Know what you're getting into. This is far away from the nightlife and noise of the other side of the island. For us, that was exactly what we wished for. The rooms are nothing special, but clean, and well serviced by staff. The staff truly care about their property, and you can tell they want you to enjoy your stay. Koh Phi Phi has become a party island, and there are very few spots that still have charm. This is one of them. It's 20 minute longtail ride from the town, but there is a smaller village within walking distance that has a couple quaint restaurants. Stay here if you want a romantic stay for a reasonable price, not if you want to drinks buckets of booze at a beach club and hang out with the backpacker crowd (not that there is anything wrong with that).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mike_gormley271
There are newer reviews for P.P. Erawan Palms Resort

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We spent 3 nights in this hotel and reserved Superior room which was new, very nice and clean - but located in area under reconstruction so it is not so nice. However we have not heard any noise either during a day or night. I have read some negative comments on the rude and unfriendly staff or dirty beach. Nothing of this I can confirm. The staff was good and helpful. The beach was a bit dirty during the low tide but when was high tide comming the hotel staff cleaned whole beach every day. And dirty means that there were some coconuts and rest from the fireplaces. Nothing horrible. This area is quite far away from the pier - DON´T TAKE THE FIRST OFFER WHEN YOU ARRIVE to Tonsai bay! The prices are just too high. You can go several times a day by shuttle boat or ferry to Laem Tong Beach. It is 200 baht per person compared to 1,200 baht by long tail boat. There is always more than one choice how to travel in Thailand fortunately. Laem Tong Beach is very isolated area and the prices are the highest I have seen in Thailand - comparing to Samui, Lanta or other parts of Ko Phi Phi. Bangkok is a different story. The prices of the food were at least double you can see elsewhere. Probably additional "tax" for staying so away. So I would recommend to buy at least the beers in Tonsai:-) A separated topic is English of the staff. A lot of people are complaining the staff don´t speak English but we should respect it. It is not USA, Australia or UK. It is Thailand with absolutely different language. We don´t speak their language too and are they complaining?! No, they are smiling. And if anyone bothers about it I have one recommendation for them - stay home!!

Room Tip: Book at least superior room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jindrich_B
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We recently only had 2 nights at this hotel and will return in the near future and stay for much longer. It is on a quiet stretch of beach, Laemton Beach, right at the north of Koh Phi Phi Don. The staff are very friendly, we had a Thai boxing show and some dancing on the Sunday evening. The restaurant serving breakfast and dinner is right on the beach with amazing sunset views and an ideal spot to sit and have your cocktails during happy hours! The Leisure Diving Center right next to the hotel, is a must visit for all scuba diving adventures! Breakfast and dinner is great! They have an open barbeque to cook all your fresh seafood on order!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights, arrived by boat and the welcome was very nice. Luggage taken care of and a cold flannel and drink supplied. The checkin was easy but the staff were rather obsessed with getting paid immediately, where am I going to go when there are no roads?! Rooms ok, air con was good and bed was ok albeit a little hard. Bathroom ok, shower had quite low pressure but it worked ok. Breakfast was good, but dinner was overrated. Overall this would a good quality and value hotel. I'd stay here again but will look at all the options before i rebook.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lord_Lucky
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Pros:
- Close to Bamboo and Mosquito islands
- Right on the beach
Cons:
- No WiFi in the rooms. There is WiFi at reception.
- Breakfast is awful. Really low quality and the lady making the omlettes has no English. If you ask for a soft boiled egg you'll end up with a hard fried egg.
- We were forced to buy Xmas eve dinner gala tickets which were super expensive and not at all worth it. The food was unbelievably poor quality and the entertainment was not great.
- Location is very secluded and you are 100% dependant on long boats to get to the main pier. These stop late at night and don't run at all if the weather is bad. Also the hotel priced us long boats that were more expensive then the price we negotiated ourselves on the beach.
- Decor is very dated and old fashioned. This hotel was not cheap and I'd expect a higher standard for what we paid.
- Got a foot scrub and the lady really went at them and the result was minor bleeding. Exceptionally sore and not something I'd recommend others try here.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank TropicalPlaces25
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I loved how the staff welcomed us from the moment we stepped out of the boat. Facial towels were handed then they led us to the lobby. I'm used to going straight to the desk to check in, instead they asked us to sit, served us a glass of refreshing fruit juice and they handled everything while we chilled. They went back at us with our room key :)

It was a great stay. Unfortunately when I got back home I realized that I carelessly left my necklace at the safe. I immediately sent an email and they urgently replied saying that my necklace is already in good hands. They sent it to their Bangkok office and was constantly replying to my messages. I asked a friend traveling to bangkok to bring it home for me. Their staff even offered to deliver it to wherever my friend is staying. They took a photo of the necklace upon my friend's receipt. Thank you P.P. Erawan!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank pinaydrifter
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Highly recommended for couples! Ultimate destination to relax and enjoy some peaceful time together. Though this resort is on a small island, you still have option to enjoy mini tours at MOSQUITO & BAMBOO. All three Phi Phi Don, Mosquito and Bamboo Islands have bright blue water and white sand, which make them an excellent choice for snorkeling, beaching and scuba diving!

Room Tip: Try to get a sea facing room!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple