“Beautiful Location, friendly staff”

Phi Phi Natural Resort
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Beautiful Location, friendly staff”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Phi Phi Natural is a friendly safe resort with lovely bungalows and beautiful gardens. The main part of the hotel; reception, massage parlour and restaurant are on the main beach with a few bungalows over looking the private beach. The bungalows, we were in a superior one, are nice and spacious with comfortable clean beds and romantic mosquito nets (although ours did fall down on us!)

The private beach is limited when the tide is in, in fact it's pretty non-exstitent but beautiful when the tide is out! The main beach is nice; white, soft sands with ornate looking long tail boats, it was quite dirty though - lots of rubbish has been washed up and left on the beach - as there aren't any bins, which is a great shame.

We had breakfast included, it was not great. The egg station was good - they cooked up whatever you wanted but the buffet was generally cold and one morning they had pork, we were unlucky enough to get an uncooked bit.

We flew into Phuket and got a ferry to Tonsai, which took about 2 hours, we then had to get a long tail boat from Tonsai to LaemTong Beach which cost 1,200 Baht for 4 people and took about 40 minutes. Had we planned it a little better we could have got one ferry with a stop in Tonsai.
On the way back we asked the hotel to arrange a transfer back to Phuket - they sorted the boat back and then a taxi to the airport, this cost 950Baht per person and was very easy!! :)

All in all, a lovely hotel in a great location!

Room Tip: Go for a Superior room, it's only a little extra and not too far to walk to the beach - standard...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Koh Phi Phi Don isl. is one of the most beautiful places on earth. The hotel under review is ok. The beds are as hard as rocks, and most people in our party could not sleep three nights in a row. Although the scenery is breathtakingly beautiful, the smells around the hotel leaves much to be desired. Reception staff are very helpful and friendly. The Thai massages are excellent at the hotel. Loads of mosquitoes, naturally as its a tropical island. Maya Cove/ Bay is a MUST SEE whilst in the area. No ATM on Koh Phi Phi Don, so remember your cash prior to arrival. A fire show on Mondays and Wednesdays at 8 pm on the beach promises to entertain everyone on the beach.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Jhb
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We came here for our honeymoon and loved every minute of it. We chose one of the delux cottages right on the seaside which was the perfect way to wake up in the morning. The food was ok but the sight-seeing made up for what this may have been lacking.
Make sure you dont book the long tail boats through the hotel as they make use of the vendors waiting on the beach front. Go and make your on deal with them but find out what the hotel would charge before you negotiate prices.

Room Tip: Get the seaside delux room
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

I loved our stay here! We're we're upgraded from standard room to a bungalow. The only random thing is that there's a school on the property, so my first room was right in front if it. I had to ask to change rooms because of all the screaming kids.
There are lush plants, trees and grass everywhere! So it's a very natural resort. So natural that we found a giant hand sized spider in my grandmas room and I had to kick out about 2 lizards that had wandered into my room. It wasnt a huge deal, it just added to the authentic island feel.
There wasnt a big masquito problem because they smoke the entire resort every Tuesday to keep them away.
If you're looking to get away from everything, this is the place for you. If you're looking for more to do I'd stay closer to the town. This is a very relaxing resort with beautiful sunsets and great beaches! But that's all there is to do around the side of the island, relax.
The staff is very accommodating. My dad injured his knee one day and they patched him up and gave him a wooden cane to use for the weekend.

• Stayed September 2013
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This hotel is meticulous, a true paradise and the staff is the best I have ever encountered. The room is immaculate and the staff always had a smile on their faces. We enjoyed everything that this hotel provided, and will absolutely return one day. We were thrilled. Well done!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We didn't stay in this resort so I am unable to comment on the facilities, however we did eat in the beach bar restaurant on our first night on Phi Phi. I am not exaggerating when I say that this could possibly be THE WORST RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD!

Myself and family walked yo the beach to see what was on offer. Our 4 kids were getting hungry and it was the last restaurant so we decided to eat there. The poor service began instantly. It took a while to be seated and when we were seated we were seated at a table too small for our party of 6. My husband was left standing for a good 10 minutes before he got his own chair. Nobody came to take our order. After a while I ordered at the bar. It then took over an hour for our food to arrive. Meanwhile tables around us that arrived after us were finishing their meals and leaving and we were still waiting. Our kids range in age from 16 to 1. Ever experienced hungry teens and toddlers? Not fun. I asked a waiter how long the wait would be (how ironic!) to be told 20 minutes. After a discussion with my husband we decided just to pay for our drinks and leave, but as we decided this, the food arrived. Well most of it arrived. We were missing a dish. I enquirer where it was, nobody knew. One of the dishes, a crumbed shrimp style thing was actually inedible. It was off! I complained to the waiter I had spoken to earlier. His response was 'so?'. I'm not kidding. So we were left with a chair short, nobody took our order, our food was very slow to arrive, one dish was off, another was missing and the staff couldn't care less. Not only this, during our torturous visit the music was that loud that we couldn't actually hear each other across the table. Seriously bad. If t was our last night on the island and nt our first we would have run off and not paid. In fact they should have paid us for the whole awful experience.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank SydneyMrsG

Travellers are raving about these Ko Phi Phi Don hotels

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I must admit that while the chalet did need some redecorating to hide the fact that the floor is half wood and half linoleum and some of the furniture is starting to show its wear, it was still a very pleasant stay. We spent 3 days there from the 11th to the 13th of April 2013. On arrival we received the customary cold cloth to wipe your face with and a refreshing cocktail. While the staff were always polite and helpful there were only a few that understood us completely, but that is to be expected I guess when you go to the out of the way resorts.

The fact that you couldn’t flush your toilet paper down the toilet but had to dispose of it in the bin was a bit unsettling, and while they do promote a private beach which is really there, it is rocky and there aren’t really any facilities close to it. The room had the standard bar fridge, kettle and daily free water as well as air conditioning and a television.

Their breakfast buffet was adequate, while the selection was pretty standard there was more than enough of it and it was decently prepared. The beach restaurant was unfortunately a bit of a disapointment, while the dishes we had were well prepared they were of average quality and a lot of the dishes I would have loved to try were all out of stock. While my stay there was not a bad experience, it did lack that something to make it a place that I would visit again. If I did go back I think I would rather try one of the 3 other hotels and resorts right next to it that had access to the main beach and seemed to be in slightly better repair (one of which is a Holiday Inn which seemed very nice).

On the upside, the tranquility was sublime and was just what me and my wife needed to unwind after an exciting stay in the hustle and bustle of Patong.

Room Tip: If you can afford it rather go for the superior or deluxe room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple