“I'm coming back here”

Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Dunstable, United Kingdom
“I'm coming back here”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel based on previous reviews in trip advisor due to its location being 2 minute walk from the pier (which was just as well because one of our cases broke) and far enough away from the beach to avoid noise. The rooms are not really that modern and could do with a refurb now but that didn't matter because of its perfect location. The small pool area is delightful the breakfast average, there are no lifts which can be a bit of a pain in sweltering weather. The sea view was just amazing. There is a massage parlour next door top rated on trip advisor which was excellent. You are 10 seconds walk from the street where there is lots of cheap clothes and trinket stalls and sea front beach restaurants 1 minute walk away. You can hire a boat for £30 for a half day or go on a wonderful sea excursion trip for £10-£50 there are lots of fantastic restaurants all reasonably priced and phi phi is just so beautiful. I love Thailand and have been to koh samui, koh phangan, railay, hua hin, ao nang, but this is my favourite place I can't imagine a nicer place it has everything, shopping, beach nightlife with fire shows if you want on one beach or cosmopolitan restaurant bars for quiet evenings on the other beach so there's a bit of all the places I've visited so far on this one island. Looking back if I'd known that this island was so good I wouldn't have bothered about visiting the rest even though I loved them at the time. I'm going back for 7 nights this Christmas to the phi phi hotel as even though I may get more de luxe accommodation than this for the price for me location is much more important. I'm going diving next time as the snorkelling trip was just so great with coloured starfish yellow spotted puffer fish and loads more. You must go on the phi phi let trip combined with maya bay and lagoon it only cost me £10 pound from a travel agent near to the wonderful papaya cafe /restaurant (sorry I forgot the name of the agent).

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank pat_mac181

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We are a couple in our late 20s backpacking around South East Asia, this has been the worst hotel we have stayed in. Our bed was riddled with bed bugs, under the matress under the pillows..everywhere! I will uploads the pictures we took to show the front desk staff. We were due to stay a second night and requested we get a discount on the room for having to change rooms in the middle of the night, the front desk manager was completely rude about the incident! did not apologise and had no meaning of customer service what so ever. She told us that we should just deal with this that we were in Thailand. We travelled to Cambodia, Vietnam, North Thailand and never came across such horrible front desk staff...including the manager who should not be allowed to deal with the public. Apart from that the rooms are old, hair all over the shower, the smell in the hallways was horrible. Save yourself the bother and stay somewhere where you will get a little respect and a half decent room. Most hotels on phi phi are either really expensive or really cheap....anywhere is better than this hotel. First time I have ever written a review on trip advisor and felt I had to warn others about this hotel.

Room Tip: Good location close to the pier, but there are other hotels in the area. Save your money and stay so...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank IrishGirl0901

Travellers are raving about these Ko Phi Phi Don hotels

Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were a group of 12 travelling thailand and we loved the hotel but then when we left we realised that the staff had been through our cases and robbed us blind !!! Majority of us brought travel x card at the air port in england and had the second card unopened in our cases and using the first card in our wallet! This is where we started to realise when trying to draw money from account that there was none !!! The staff had been in our bags/cases and opened the envelope and put them back but took the second pin and card and emptyed the accounts this is where we realised and the with further investigation realised presents like watches and cash had been stollen too . We contacted the hotel through a thai friend who spoke to them in thai so no confusion and the hotel wasnt bothered and ssid the safes should of been used does tgis excuse the fact that the level of decete of emptying people bank accounts and steeling money and presents !!! I think not shame on that hotel and all be very careful !! We were quite away through our holiday so funds werent what they were at begining but all in all I recon they had between two and three thousand pounds out of us between gge twelve of us !!!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank bigchopper1975
Singapore River, Singapore
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Loved the sea view room, it's like there s a painting outside my balcony! The hotel's quite old with tile floor, which isnt pleasant. Location is quite good. certainly worth the price. Price quite reasonable. But pool closes at 8:30, which is a bit too early.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

For the hotel class and value, the price is good. Based on other hotels on the island, I'm sure this one is a lot nicer than most. Wifi is spotty in the rooms and they attach your room key to the air conditioning trigger so it's pretty inconvenient. Room size was decent and our room fortunately had a nice view of the water. The pool is small, but refreshing. Their breakfast buffet was okay. The staff was friendly.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Ireland
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have just come back from my second stay in phiphi hotel, this time a 5 night stay with my boyfriend.This hotel is no 5 star, but I would rate the hotel higher than a lot of people on TA seem to have done! The hotel's location is A1, its 2 mins walk from the pier where the ferry comes in/day trips go from, yet off a little street so its a bit away from the noise which means the hotel is quiet. Rooms are very large, excellent air con if not almost too cold!, comfy bed, ample storage, good TV with free movie channels which made a nice change. we had a little balcony looking at the ocean, which was beautiful to look out on. minibar, free flipflops & beach towels were nice extra touches. There is no lift in the hotel, and we stayed on the top floor (5th), but this didnt bother us at all. We didnt bother with breakfast here, so cant comment on this. Pool was lovely, not a huge amount of sitting room around the pool but we spent most of our time on the beach (5 mins walk, there is a THRIVING nighttime party scene here too, which is a must see, fire shows, dance music, and a lot of alcohol, not for the faint hearted!). I would recommend this hotel as its clean, super central & reasonably priced, i will recommend again to all my friends!

Room Tip: no lift in the hotel, maybe request a lower floor if this is an issue.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Once arrived from pier, no hassle finding our hotel while other still looking for taxi boat to theirs. It is real close to pier. Friendly staff, average room don't expect much bcos it isn't five stars hotel. Close to 7-11, restaurant and shops.

• Stayed May 2014