“We will be back”

Phi Phi Villa Resort
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
“We will be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We spent 5 nights in this place and loved every minute of it. The room was fine exept something in the bathroom leaked, but Thai plumbing we learnt throughout our trip leaves something to be desired. The resturant opposite the resort (part of the resort) was amazing at catering for my gluten free diet and I wasn't ill once while staying here because of them. We ate there twice a day the whole trip because we knew the food was safe! The staff were friendly and helpful when booking trips and just completly genuine and kind. We booked a private boat trip to take us around the other islands and the boat picked us up right outside the resort! There is wifi in the lobby/resturant/pool side which is great because then you can check everything without being tied to the outside world all the time. The pool was amazing! The location is slightly outside the central party zone but that suited us fine as we only wanted to party one night and we were away from all the chaos and noise and more central for the other parts of the island waiting to be explored. I would defiantly recomend the resort and we plan on returning again.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank PSJ17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

We were very happy with this resort.I believe they have done (and were still doing)renovationn.Our room was really spacious and modern.The bathroom was an unexpected surprise..new and modern.Ron,the manager,was so incredibly helpful, a really nice person.We extended our stay by 2 nights.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank bamfordavram
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Having read previous reviews of Phi Phi Villa Resort I was a little worried what to expect. But I was pleasantly surprised! We stayed for three nights, was in a great location - near main street, beach. restaurants. Party party area is within walking distance. Villa was clean, bathroom was clean. Pool was nice with sunbeds available around it. Breakfast was fine. I would recommend this :) Ps mosquitoes are common in villa type houses/bungalows so have the repellent to hand!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lisa A
Bedford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Me and my mum stayed there as an 18th birthday trip to celebrate (we both love travelling) and after reading some rather negative reviews decided to take our chances. I had done a lot of research prior to the trip into decent hotels to stay in, we were recommended by friends to go to the Andaman Legacy which is actually just down the road but we chose here instead. So glad we did! We had the luxury deluxe villa, and it was all clean and lovely and perfect. Yes, okay, they were doing renovations on the villas opposite ours which were't the luxury deluxe ones but honestly it shouldn't be a problem as if you're spending all your time in the villa you're not enjoying phi phi anyway. Plus it was low season, and renovations will always have to do be done at some point. It was loud-ish during the day but we were never there during the day, we only popped back in briefly after a boat trip or climbing trip or diving or snorkelling or shopping... there are so many things to do here. The absolute best thing about this place though is the Carpe Diem bar on the other side of the path. If you don't have cash you can put things on tab and pay at the end when you check out, and we found this very convenient. The staff were lovely! Especially the Carpe Diem boys who did the fire show (nuwa, goal, muk and chao - spelling probably horrendously wrong there) they were always friendly and welcoming. You can't miss the fire show by the way it's really good! Even though I travelled with my mum I made loads of friends here and still experienced the party side of the island (loh dallum bay) and this hotel is safely out of the way of the chaos. Its about a 15 minute walk back from slinkys, the main beach party. There's no noise and it's right on beautiful ton sai beach. The view is outstanding and there are friendly cats absolutely everywhere. Be mindful if you are allergic to cats you probably won't enjoy phi phi. They're everywhere. Honestly this is by far the best holiday I've ever had, and I've travelled plenty even at my age. Maybe we got lucky with the room but I shall definitely be returning here asap!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Amanda M
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stayed 4 nights and we don't recommend it at all. The only good thing is the location, but you can find another accomodation much cheaper and better quality with the same or better location. Staff doesn't want to help you, they are really rude. Room very dirty and outdated.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank michellreeves

Travellers are raving about these Ko Phi Phi Don hotels

Hua Hin, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

After living in Thailand for 5 months, I know what to expect from Thai hospitality. This is everything except that. It is filthy, not well managed and located too far out of the party areas. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay in Phi Phi Don; OK, go here. But if you want at least a little bit of hygiene during your trip: DONT go here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Brisbane
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I promise I am not normally a hater...but this place was so bad I refused to stay there.
We had booked 5 nights here as part of our honeymoon in an ocean view "lluxury deluxe villa"...big mistake!
On check in, we were told the ocean villas were all twin beds and booked, so they had downgraded us to a " lovely" garden view???
Not happy already... On trying to explain to the staff (nicely at this point) that we wanted ocean view and had booked and paid for ocean view, we were told too bad. And that the ocean view were not really ocean view anyway.
We were taken to our " garden view", which had a view of ten other cabins and two little palms ( great garden!)... The room was disgusting. A glorified cabin which stank of mould and had not been cleaned properly.
Now, I can do rustic, but this was our honeymoon and had booked and paid for a higher end place for some " luxury".
So back to reception.
After explaining what we had booked and what we were after, we were rudely told " too bad. We have already charged your credit card so there is nothing you can do".
What?!? Where was the service? How was there no way to work this out? How can they just downgrade my room?
I was so disgusted I refused to stay there and left. Again, I am not a princess. I just like to get what I pay for.
No wifi, as they claim. Staff outright rude. Rooms disgusting. NOT beachfront at all, as they claim. And the room was a smelly, dirty, cabin that was lower quality than school camps.
Despite not staying there, they would not refund our money either.
So many nicer places on Phi Phi!!! Don't waste holiday time here.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere! This place and staff are disgusting.