“Truly beautiful for the soul!”

Phi Phi The Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Dubai
“Truly beautiful for the soul!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We are still here Aug 11th 2014, I felt after reading Suzie M Dubai's review I should write a review!!!!
This hotel is a hidden gem, the views are spectacular and totally natural. We came to phi Phi last year and stayed at the Cabana, it was awful, bedbugs,rude staff, cold atmosphere the list goes on. We were reluctant to come again but have teenage daughters who want the Full moon experience so here we are! The food is good, the service relaxed(we are in Thailand!!) but the rooms, beach, experience is like the Maldives, you get what you pay for and this is a hidden paradise. Please try it, don't be put off by the reviews, it's what you make of it and you pay for the location. We were going to book the Outrigger, but be careful of hidden costs, boat ride here check in/out is free, we were only charged 200bat extra for our daughter (10 years) our other daughters stayed on the main land. This isn't for you if you want the crazy night life, it all closes here at 10.30pm. Worth every penny!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Mia2penny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend came here after a fab resort in Phuket, not expecting as much but still a high standard. We got a very poor reception, we were left standing around for 20 mins with our key before anyone could escort us to our room. The room was below average, our superior villa in the pictures looked very welcoming, in reality, it was tiny and the bathroom was pathetic, the toilet is practically in the shower! The service was pretty poor throughout, lots of staff standing around without a clue what to do with there selves. The worst part for us, was getting to and from the main town as this resort is situated some way away from the centre. There are now taxi boats at night due to the waves, so you are left waking a dangerous 45 min walk or we managed to find some locals to take us on there scooters the centre on dirt tracks. Far from ideal before a nice meal. Food was overpriced for the quality also. All in all, I'd recommend you give this place a wide berth!

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Craig B

Travellers are raving about these Ko Phi Phi Don hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I booked to stay here for one night the day before I arrived and I emailed and called the hotel to advise of my arrival time coming off the ferry from Krabi, I arrived at 1515 and 45 minutes later nobody from the hotel was there on the longboat even though they ensured me they sent their bellboy when the ferry came in twice a day, I called the hotel to check if anyone was coming and they told me to be patient and I had only booked the day before so they need time to process everything! Upon arrival, I did not realise how high up the rooms were and because I didn't want the hassle of checking out again the next day I asked to add another night at reception and they charged me way more than the prices showing online when I checked later that night. This was one of the more expensive hotels but it did not warrant the price; the food was average and the Customer Service was extremely poor. The TV in my room did not work but that was not such a big deal, the next day I woke up and was very impressed with the amazing views. I asked to borrow an adaptor from reception to charge my phone and I plugged it into the socket where the aformentioned broken TV did not work and I got a huge electric shock that catapulted me to the other side of the room! I was really scared and all my insides felt like they were burning and I could actually taste metal so I decided to go to the hospital to get checked out. I explained what had happened to the Reception staff and they seemed dismissive and just told me the adaptor must be broke, I asked them to book me a taxi boat to the hospital and they seemed really laid back I had to wait for about 30 minutes all the time having problems breathing from the shock! I was checked over at the hospital and there was no serious damage but I felt weird for a few days after. The only good thing apart from the views at the hotel are the masseuses but other than that avoid at all costs. I have heard very good things about The Pearl Paradise Bungalows that are located right near The Beach Resort and I wish I had of booked to stay there instead!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Susie M
dhaka
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed in the Superior Villa 2203 for 3 nights in July, and checked out on 27th. The view was so perfect, but it was so far from the mainland. Due to bad weather there was no boats on two evenings and the walk from the resort to the town was a tough hike over the hills for about 40 mins. breakfast spread was good, but food otherwise was very expensive. For cheaper food, 5 min walk along the beach to paradise pearl resort would be more reasonable and worthy.

On a different note, I left my silver chain with a small gold pendant on the safe in the room, and forgot to take it out. When i Called the resort, they said new guests have already checked in so they cannot check in. So
if anybody found it, please let me know...It's not that expensive but has a very sentimental value.....

Room Tip: all rooms are nice and have a very pretty view...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank arpita s
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We booked and had pre-paid for 5 nights but it was so bad that we ended up writing off the last night (and about $175) and left the hotel.

The view is great from the rooms on the highest level with a nice deck. The rooms are old, the sheets and towels are torn and worn out, and the staff did not once say hello, thank you, welcome, sawasdee ka to us. It looks like they employ a bunch of young guys who are stoned most of the time. None of the staff is trained to greet guests. The breakfast is terrible for Thailand. The plates are never cleared from the table (it is a buffet).

We have traveled all over the world and this was probably one of the worst places we stayed for the money we paid. Phi Phi Island is a pain to get to and very touristy. I would not recommend it for families. If you do want to stay in Phi Phi, I think the Outrigger or the Holiday Inn are the only two choices for anything decent. The Pearl Paradise Bungalows which are adjacent to the Phi Phi Resort seemed much nicer and their restaurant was where we ended up eating all three meals even though breakfast was included in our rate.

We couldn't wait to leave this resort.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Save your money and go to the Outrigger or Holiday Inn or Pearl Paradise Bungalows...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank travelinSab
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Was not impressed by the hotel - maybe because it was low season that the quality and cleanliness was not up to scratch originally booked for a superior with sea view (on the second level) but paid extra for an upgrade to the third level for the better views - I only found out the level differences after checking in and randomly viewing their Web page, which I then found I was in the wrong room type! They quickly moved us, this room however was a nit in the shabby side, upon preparing to get in bed we noticed a large rip in the bed sheet, room service arrived at 930 the next morning. No knocking just let themselves in. Weather wise in a 2 week holiday in Thailand this was the day it decided to throw it down tropical style from 1400 onwards, to say the room creaked a bit was an understatement, the doors and windows had holes in the seals so the wind rattled them all night. Some other reviewers mentioned insects well yes there were a lot! A few mosquitos but no net, this seemed to be a random occurance as we walked to reception some rooms had them others didn't at no point was one offered! We were meant to stay for 4 nights after the afternoon of the 2nd day we decided to leave the resort. The rooms were outrageously priced for the quality.. ....We avoided breakfast as the place was crawling with cats - apparently these belonged to the hotel, maybe to get rid of the mice that left droppings in our room, the staff were polite and a special note has to be given to the two young members of staff that work at the moon restaurant on site they were a bright point to what otherwise was a terrible stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and the over all experience was pretty good. Sure it was a bit overpriced and the hotel could have been better maintained, but it was clean! We stayed in a Superior Villa with sea view and the view was amazing. Sure, it was a hike to get to the villa, but we didn't mind.

The breakfast buffet wasn't the best ... but quite comparable to other places we've been. The food in the restaurant was pretty good though, but walk to the other end of the beach for better prices.

And then there is the beach. The most beautiful beach - too many boats though, but what a place! Don't go to Ton Sai, it's totally destroyed. Long beach still has it's charm.

Stayed March 2014