“Average with reasonable price”

Phi Phi Andaman Beach Resort
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Brazil
“Average with reasonable price”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Stayed for 3 nights at Andaman Beach Resort. Having read previous reviews booked a deluxe room in the new building. Good size room, small balcony with hangers for towels. Tile floor, big bed, good air conditioning, mini bar, cable tv and bathroom with good hot water, though no place for hanging towels. By the way no soap on sink. When I asked the cleaner, she pointed me the shower gel inside the shower cabin. So, she wanted me to go inside the shower cabin each time I wanted to soap my hands!!! Anyway I used my own soap.
Wi-fi was Ok in the room. However, as the walls are very thin I got some complaints from neighbour room about my voice pitch, when speaking on skype.
Breakfast is careless and very poor. Not many options.
Location is good, as it is a bit far from the noise of the pier region. View from breakfast area is great. They have someone to pick up your luggage. Staff at the reception is attentive and provide you with towels for beach/swimming pool.
It is still a good option, though pretty basic.

Room Tip: Deluxe room on the second floor of the new building is modern and shower cabin is isolated from the...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
aarhus
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This hotel just perfect in all ways. Before I was a little affraid about travelreview i read , but I was so positive surprised.
The location is in top - just down to the tonsai beach - poolarea beutifull - sitting in the pooljacusi overloking the beutifull view off the sea was amazing. I stayed in the deluxe bungalow - perfect room, all worked in all ways - big space, good bed, a lot off electric to load pc, mobil etc..... The dayly cleaning in top - never forget anything.
Breakfast buffet just fine - you can sit having your breakfast overlooking the sea. I stayed in many hotels in phiphi island, and this resort have just the best location.

Room Tip: Choose bungalow close to the poolarea - then you have a bit off seaview.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank e r
Yzerfontein, South Africa
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Average hotel for Phi Phi, as all hotels on the island are expensive. Lovely pool. Breakfast poor with very small variety. Shower over toilet. Everything is wet (including toilet paper) and no hooks for towel to hang on. But we have had worse in Phi Phi. It was raining during breakfast and the water was streaming on the tables. Roof needs fixing.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Two friends and i stayed here on our first trip to Phi Phi. Located approx. 10 min walk from the main pier, our bags were picked up and taken to the hotel. I couldn't fault the staff at all during the stay but definitely not the nicest rooms i have ever stayed in - having the shower pretty much over the toilet was interesting.

The pool was pretty good, with good view of the sea - didnt try the restaurant as there are plenty places to eat nearby.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Cheekiero
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This hotel was the nicest I stayed in during my time in Thailand. We stayed in the new build part of the hotel not the older bungalows and we had a garden terrace and the rooms were stunning.
Some of the photos on here are awful so Im not sure what part of the hotel these were taken in.. alot of the photos here seem pre renovation as the pool area and bar was much nicer when I was there than alot of the photos. There was refreshments on check-in with a towel and squash and the staff were generally friendly and helpful. I was not a fan of them keeping passports and I did witness one argument with a couple wanting their passport. Other than this I had the nicest part of my 4 weeks here. Lovely distance to town and very clean.

Room Tip: Preference of new built rather than bungalows
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cheekiero
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We are a group of girls who have been going to PP for the last four years, and this was my 8th visit to Thailand. For the last 3 years we have stayed at this hotel. The location is good (away from the noise). This year we tried the new "bungalows connecting luxuriously" and I was a little disappointed. The room itself was nice, and I must say it had a clean and modern feel. It actually felt as though we were staying in a caravan park which was kind of nice. We were a group of 6 and although we booked about 6 months prior they still couldn't work out that we may like to have rooms next to each other (and some of our adjoining rooms were even vacant!)...The biggest downside was that the shower area of the bathroom was constructed of slats that were slightly exposed to the outside, and this let the mozzies in. If I were to stay here again I would go back to the old faithful "deluxe air conditioned room" I think. The breakfast has really gone down hill and we purposely missed it several times in order to go into the village for breakfast at Unnis (highly recommended). This year there was an influx of Chinese and Russian tourists in the hotel restaurant - day trippers maybe. It seems a lot of the bars around this area are also now catering to day trippers as well - en masse - the once beautiful and rustic Bora Bora bar now has a million plastic tables and chairs and has totally lost its ambience. What a shame as this was once an amazing spot. In a way this also reflects how I feel about the Andaman Beach resort now. They have built an enormous concrete monstrosity out the back to accommodate more tourists - this may be worth a look once it is complete - the rooms look similar to the ones in the deluxe building. To be fair this hotel is in a great QUIET location. But next time I will be staying at Vikings or Long Beach without a doubt. Phi Phi is paradise!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank BeingisBelieving
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed there begining of March 2012.

We choose it at the pier, as many things were full and it was this or a small bungalow room next to the discos.
It's in a good location, walking distance from the center but far enough to escape the noise and crazyness of the center. It has also a beach, with closed area to swim just in the front.

First we had taken a room in a bungalow, once arrived we went to see the place, just next to a construction, dirty, aweful bathroom, dirty sheets,... so we went back to the reception to see another room, of course all available were more expensive! But at the end we took a room in the new building, clean, confortable room, 1 king bed, 1 person bed, fridge, ok bathroom, television, balcony.

Good sleep, but just everyday we were up cause the hotel personal woke up other groups and of course jelling up the whole corridor.

Good pool and they accept all groups from phuket at the pool (8 dollars each to make more money), for if you are with kids, restaurant, breakfast is ok (rice, noodles, fruit, bread, coffee, tea, eggs...).

Staff is young and unexperienced with a huge lack of English proficiency! Even more if you are working in the tourism and can't understand what's a plastic bag!

If you want a nicer beach, walk to Long Beach, from the restaurant on the left, about 20 min walk, also good for snorkeling and if you are a good swimmer to go and come back to the shark point just in front of that beach more on the left.

Room Tip: ask one in the new building
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends