“Good location, average”

Phi Phi Andaman Beach Resort
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Someone met us at the pier to transport our luggage which was great as its a 10 min walk. Friendly staff welcome you on arrival and show you to your're bungalow. I paid £145 for 4 nights via agoda for a deluxe ac bungalow. We stayed in 108 which is located near the front. The rooms are in need of some work but not too bad. Bathrooms aren't exactly great but not horrible. Satellite tv and a fridge are included which is good because alcohol is not sold on site but you can go to the shop and bring it back.

Breakfast was ok, eggs, cereal, toast, waffle etc or if you fancy noodles and rice you can!

Swimming pool was nice, although busy at times.

No safe in the room but you can rent secure lockers in the reception area. Wife is Not free and not cheap! Although plenty of places offer free wifi and in my room i could pick up the schools wifi!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maj0rB

Reviewed 30 June 2012

We took the Luxury bungalow which is the best room this "resort" has to offer, and it looked like a 3 stars average room.
The bed wasn't very stable, the bathroom looks bad (no soap near the sink), the fridge doesn't work when you're not in the room (so you never have cold drink water).
The breakfast was ok, served near the beach which was nice.
That being said, we couldn't find any hotel in Phi phi which looked better (not speaking about the remote resorts on the other side of the island, which require you to take a taxi boat to get to the shops and restaurants area).

Reviewed 21 June 2012

We booked this resort as soon as we arrived on Phi Phi Don. At first glance room looked clean and tidy. When you step into the bathroom you get a rather unpleasant surprise, especially with the shower water taps, which look old and degenerating. Breakfast was below average, the coffee tasted awful.

On our last night we had a bit of a fright. Whilst we were in our bed ready for sleep, we heared a loud splashing noise of water running in our bathroom. I got up and found that a water pipe from underneath the sink burst and was filling our room with water! Since there is no telephone connecting to the reception I had to run all the way to the reception to report this mishap. After about three minutes, the handyman came and switched off the water. Thank God we were in the room when this happened since all our luggage would have been soaked.

Otherwise quite comfortable stay.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

I am not a fan of this hotel at all! I was never able to get a hold
of them by email. My hotel in Railay contacted them by phone for us,
so they would meet us at the pier to help with bags. The staff was
rude. The room was old and a bit dirty. The bathroom-shower, which
is one room, was a joke. The water was luke warm. The breakfast was
disgusting. The wifi is not free. It is about a 10 minute hike to
Long Beach, which has hotels , on it, like Pearl Bungalows. They
looked nice. It is a good location, aways from bars. BUT YOU CAN DO
BETTER FOR THE PRICE. We stayed in a standard room. And they only
give you 3 towels, no toilitries. THe good reviews must be for the
newer building. The bad ones are for the bungalows.

Room Tip: Stay in long beach or on the side with the sunflower bar (dalem beach)
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Stayed for 3 nights at Andaman Beach Resort. Having read previous reviews booked a deluxe room in the new building. Good size room, small balcony with hangers for towels. Tile floor, big bed, good air conditioning, mini bar, cable tv and bathroom with good hot water, though no place for hanging towels. By the way no soap on sink. When I asked the cleaner, she pointed me the shower gel inside the shower cabin. So, she wanted me to go inside the shower cabin each time I wanted to soap my hands!!! Anyway I used my own soap.
Wi-fi was Ok in the room. However, as the walls are very thin I got some complaints from neighbour room about my voice pitch, when speaking on skype.
Breakfast is careless and very poor. Not many options.
Location is good, as it is a bit far from the noise of the pier region. View from breakfast area is great. They have someone to pick up your luggage. Staff at the reception is attentive and provide you with towels for beach/swimming pool.
It is still a good option, though pretty basic.

Room Tip: Deluxe room on the second floor of the new building is modern and shower cabin is isolated from the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This hotel just perfect in all ways. Before I was a little affraid about travelreview i read , but I was so positive surprised.
The location is in top - just down to the tonsai beach - poolarea beutifull - sitting in the pooljacusi overloking the beutifull view off the sea was amazing. I stayed in the deluxe bungalow - perfect room, all worked in all ways - big space, good bed, a lot off electric to load pc, mobil etc..... The dayly cleaning in top - never forget anything.
Breakfast buffet just fine - you can sit having your breakfast overlooking the sea. I stayed in many hotels in phiphi island, and this resort have just the best location.

Room Tip: Choose bungalow close to the poolarea - then you have a bit off seaview.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank e r
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Average hotel for Phi Phi, as all hotels on the island are expensive. Lovely pool. Breakfast poor with very small variety. Shower over toilet. Everything is wet (including toilet paper) and no hooks for towel to hang on. But we have had worse in Phi Phi. It was raining during breakfast and the water was streaming on the tables. Roof needs fixing.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family