“Lovely area.”

Phi Phi Andaman Beach Resort
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I only stayed here for one night as me and a friend where travelling the islands. Was lovely for a nights stay. Had a lovely room right by the pool.
The pool was very nice and the grounds of the resort was beautiful. Felt very peaceful here.

The one problem I had was with the bathroom. There was no shower, the shower was the bathroom. Which made the whole bathrrom slippery and made the toilet and toilet roll wet. Which made us just feel dirty to use the bathroom after.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 March 2013

We spent five days there and were having a pleasant experience. I mean: the breakfast was terrible, the swimming pool was always full and the bathroom for some reason only had hot water after 9am. But our room was good and the employees were very gentle - there was a nice guy in the reception, that always remembered our room number, and was always smiling.

But, in our last night there, the biggest problem of all appeared: a rat ran from behind the desk.

Yeah, a rat, like Stuart Little, Mickey Mouse and Master Splinter, not like that thing you use to make incredible things in your computer.

We went to the reception (there was no phone in the room), some guys armed with some kind of spears and sprays came to our room, to start the hunt. The rat wasn't found and someone that seemed to be a manager said that WE COULD COME BACK TO THE ROOM.

Of course we didn't. And I will miss the nice guy from the reception. But will never come back to Andaman Beach Resort.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for four nights and I wish we could have stayed longer. Koh Jum is a perfect little island paradise. We stayed in a room with a fan and cold water, which suited us just fine. I know they also have rooms with ac and hot water. The rooms were airy and spacious. Our room was cleaned every day and the whole place was very tidy. The bed was hard which is my only complaint. There was also a screen door which made it nice to bring in the cool morning air. There was also a veranda out front with chairs and a clothesline.

The restaurant was delicious. They had a good selection of food and the fresh fruit shakes were great. Free wifi in the restaurant area.

The beach was nice but rocky at low tide. They had plenty of lounge chairs as well. Great swimming at high tide. I would recite my recommend this place!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

Went here on recommendations of others and its great. The place is great, friendly helpful staff, very reasonably priced food and very cheap rooms, go for a 500baht room over the more expensive ones, just as good and only 50m back from the beach. Live music when we were there and the guy with the guitar was very very good and gifted.

Overall great place to stay, had an influx of guests from other resorts they were displeased with particularly the golden pearl. Prices reasonable, helpful staff, good atmosphere and best rooms at cheapest prices we've had!

Will go back one day!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Michael11_10
Reviewed 1 March 2013

What a disappointment!!! We were a party of 15 people ( 7 rooms ) staying February 19th for 1 night celebrating a friend's wedding in Thailand. It must have been one of the highlights of our holiday but it was indeed a big shame.
Rooms average and noisy, no water pressure in the shower, ridicolous breakfast ( very poor buffet and only one guy to cook eggs for more than 50 people, why don't they put scrambled eggs instead? ), but the worse was the Front Desk service and attitude.
I have been working in Hotel industry at Front Desk since 15 years and if I had the same kind of attitude I would have been jobless long time ago.
No smile, no assistance whatsoever, I have put a note on the reservation saying the special occasion of our travel and guess what? They allocate the honeymoon couple to the worse room of the seven. We asked to switch rooms and the answer was simply NO !!!.
Location is fine, a 10 minute walking from the pier and away from the clubs at night but next time I would rather sleep on the beach than book again here....

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Giack2312
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We paid $175/night for a bungalow that slept 5, though really only 4 comfortably, and other than having air-con, it was rather basic. It only had one bedroom, with no furniture; the other bed was in the living room....This is not what I'd call a good value, but then again, it is on the beach, and everything on Ko Phi Phi is overpriced compared to most other parts of Thailand. It's the Phi Phi premium. Frankly, I didn't think the island, while a pretty place, was worth the premium you pay just to be there, but people keep coming, so clearly either the word hasn't gotten out, or not everyone agrees....On the positive side, it was quiet, service was fine, and the included breakfast wasn't bad (though certainly nothing gourmet here).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2013

the room is good and comfortable, very quiet place to rest. breakfast is fine. not right on the beach, but just infront of beach. nice staff.
but a lot of tour groups having lunch at the hotel restaurants, too many people.
swimming pool is not big enough for so many families.
good for family not for couples.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple