“basic accommodation but great location on the beach”

Phi Phi Andaman Beach Resort
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
island_girl020
“basic accommodation but great location on the beach”
Reviewed 8 February 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night in January as part of our honeymoon. Great location about a 10-15 min walk from the pier, a bit away from the bars etc on a soft white sandy beach. Very relaxed atmosphere and nice pool but basic rooms, fine for a night or two but would not have suited us for any longer stay. Good value for a little piece of paradise!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 28 December 2010

We staid in at least 50 hotels throughout Thailand. Thais was by far the worst given the price paid. We paid 115 Euro for our bungalow. We were mislead by the picture of the swimming pool which was the positive exception (therefore one star). The bungalow was cheap and dirty especially the bathroom. Breakfast was awful with watery orange juice.

The pictures speak for themselves

Stayed December 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Ko Phi Phi Don hotels

Oslo
Reviewed 19 December 2010

Nice quiet place 10 min walk from the pier / village.
Maybe to quiet with only a couple of restaurants nearby.
They do not sell alcohol at the resort even when eating lunch/dinner.
You can buy alcohol in a store 100 meters from the resort.
The children loved the pool and the bungalows was OK.
We stayed there for only 3 days and cannot understand all the negative reviews from other visitors.
Watch my video here:

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2010

Poor

*The breakfast was awful - no cereal, pastries or fruit and the juice was heavily watered down. The staff just shrugged their shoulders when we told them and started talking to another customer

* Cockroaches in our bathroom

* The staff were lazy. They never cleaned leaves away from the pool area so it looked autumnal and messy. When it rained they just left the sun bed mattresses out and stood by watching guests clear the water away when the rain stopped.

* No water in our room one day

In general the hotel seemed more interested in bringing in new guests than looking after the problems of the ones they already had.

On a positive note, it`s in a good location away from the hustle and bustle of the strip and they take your bags to and from the harbor.

Wouldn`t stay there again!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong
Reviewed 22 October 2010

I would not usually write these kind of online reviews, however this place is particularly awful. I completely agree with most of the bad reviews on here. I go on holiday to a small island and I do not expect that the standard and service should be as good as in a city, however this place really sucks. I am western but I have lived in Hong Kong for many years and have stayed in lots of different resorts all over south east asia and I must say this place is easily the worst. Absolutely everything was bad, from the staff,to the management, to the rooms, the food, the harassment for taxi boats ...etc..etc. I could write a 4 page article, but I won't bother. We ended up moving to Cabana Hotel which is nearer to the pier, and this place was a REAL resort.
The only thing you should think is DO NOT go to the Andaman Beach Resort.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WBhongkongExpat
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Apologies for the delay in writing this review, but I'm catching up with all the places I've stayed over the last year or so.

Myself and my other half stayed here for one night back in November 2009 before we returned to Bangkok.

For those of you that dont know, compared to the rest of Thailand, Phi Phi is very expensive for the standard of accomodation that you get. We took the advice of Lonely Planet and booked prior to us arriving on the island due to the possibility of having no rooms available on the island. We initially booked two nights in the hotel next door, Phi Phi Villa, and was very dissapointed of the room that we got for what we had paid so moved on to the Andaman Beach Resort for the final night of our stay on Phi Phi.

We got a walk in rate of 2500baht for the new building at the rear of the property, I think that it was classed as the superior rooms. The decor of the rooms were very modern and the room itself was very clean, the bathroom was very nice with a large walk in shower. We were offered a bungalow but found these to be very dated and not worth staying closer to the pool or beach for.

The hotel was pretty busy the whole time that we were there with a continual flow of people coming and going, there was no real issues with any of the service that we received, although there was nothing special about it.

The pool area was extremely busy although the hotel is right on the beach so if space it what you are looking for it is a matter of feet away. There was a snack bar next to the pool which I found expensive by Thai standards, although again the whole of Phi Phi is and really cashes in on the tourist.

To sum up the Andaman Beach Resort, I found it OK to stay at, if not slightly overpriced. The location of it though is ideal, as believe me, you do not want to be staying close to the centre of the island as it gets very noisy from the bars and clubs.

Would I stay here again? Yes, but it would be my fall back if I could not find somewhere different.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
seoul
Reviewed 27 September 2010

This place is pretty dirty but looking around the island and for the price i can't complain. it has hot water and the rooms were clean.

My problem is that we got 2 rooms. A bungalow for 5 people and a bungalow for 2 people. there were 6 of us that went together. When we returned home and started trading stories, we realized that between the 2 rooms and 6 of us, 400$usd, 4 packs of cigarettes, a pair of jeans, shoes, and a watch all went missing. I can guarantee that they were stolen by hotel staff because my cigarettes were there one day and then the next they were out of the carton and i thought they might have just got lost in my suitcase, but upon returning home, they weren't in the suitcase.

definitely our stuff was stolen

DON'T STAY HERE