Very nice location, but that's almost the only good thing.
At the pier there was a guy with a note waiting on us. After 50 minutes, a boat arrived and we stepped in. Staff boarded the luggage. It was a 30 minute cruise to the resort, very remote and quiet.
Because other things were already described by others, i only write some important things to be taken into account:
- staff is unfriendly. This is a relax resort, not a labour camp. Staff should be friendly and interested. You are welcomed with a glass of water. It is better to serve a cocktail or nothing.
- jam at breakfast was 4 months out of date/expired.
- although located remote, food is quit affordable. 170 baht for scrambled eggs, two slices of bread, coffee and expired jam.
- VERY IMPORTANT: you have to shower with salty (cold) water, what means that your body stays sticky. Every two days the room is provided with a almost unliftable bottle of 15 litres of fresh water to end your shower with, wash your face and brush your teeth.
- Bed is very small for a relax resort, only 130 centimetres.
- The hiking trail to the village is almost a no-no, it is like 90 minutes, half of it on a very steep and small path through the forest. Do not do this in darkness, it is dangourous. There were no viewpoints. From village to relax resort, signage is poor.
- Taxiboat fares rise after 5 PM to 1000-1200 baht due to low tie (dangourous rocks).
- Not so many excursions. However, excursions are affordable. We did an halve day boat trip. Due to weather conditions, this turned out to be the heaviest and scariest ride of our lives.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Phi Phi Relax Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phi Phi Relax Beach Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don