“Great spot, very close to Sai Ree beach”
Review of Saireehut Resort

Saireehut Resort
Ranked #92 of 142 Speciality Lodging in Koh Tao
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed in a 'standard' double bed room with AC. Clean, cool, reasonable rates. Moments walk to the beach and the good spots of the little town, but still quiet enough not to be disturbed when you don't feel like downing buckets and jumping over flaming ropes on the beach. Stayed in Bans on same beach but room was a long way up the hill, preferred Sairee Hut. Nice pool too, and not full of diving students like other resorts!

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for Saireehut Resort

Reviewed 25 April 2013

The thing about any hotel is it is all about your expectations. Honestly, for what I expected - this hotel was perfect. I needed a room to sleep in (not there most of the time), with Air Conditioning, and easy accessibility to Sairee Beach and restaurants... hopefully with a pool. This hotel had ALL of that, plus Breakfast. The staff were nice enough (the cleaning staff were actually VERY nice. Did they stock the room with stuff all the time? No, but it took me 10 seconds to track someone down who gave me all the Shampoo and soap we needed.). Was the breakfast a 5 star smorg? No, but it had all I needed to keep me full, plus if they were out of something you just had to ask and they would whip up some more in no time.

Our Air Conditioning broke down one day, and by the time we had asked the Desk staff to have someone there to fix it, and walked the 2 minute walk back to our room - the guy was already in our room fixing it. Our Cleaning staff were so friendly, and were always willing to help with anything we needed. The pool was clean (at least by the standards I was looking for), the only complaint I might have for that is that they have a separate pool just for divers - but for some reason the divers were going in the guests pool... kind of annoying.

Bugs were always found, but again - you are in Thailand on a Tropical Island, and on the beach. Bugs are everywhere. Expectations, people.

All in all, would I go back to the Saireehut Resort? Yes. And that is all that really counts in the end, right?

Room Tip: Would recommend you stay in the cheaper ones off the beach - only because the hotel is close to some...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My first review in Tripadvisor, because I'm not a complainer but I feel that I was ripped off in this hotel and I hope with my review some will not.

We stayed for 4 nights (prepaid on Agoda). We were a group of friends (5 rooms in total), and I followed their suggestion. We live in Bangkok and we travel at least once a month, and it's the first time that we were treated like that in a hotel that we paid more than $75/night. The staff wasn't friendly, no greeting even if you do, very rude, no eye contact when they talk to you, never available for you, until you go to the bar and you feel like you‘re bothering…

I tried to talk to the manager, and she asked me to show her which staff was rude and what did he say... Kind of confrontation... No way! And when I refused she said that she is sorry she cannot help me if I don't do that... And she added that most of the staff they don’t speak English or Thai (they are Burmese) that’s why they don’t answer the greeting… Seriously? Hi and thank you needs a diplomat? After one day most of the tourist know how to say Sawadee krup and Kup Khon Krup? Conversation stopped after those two reflections…

The room was worn and dirty (at the check in, we find an underwear from the previous guest in our room...). Look at the picture of shower curtain how dirty was. Three of our friends requested to change the room and they had to pay double price for a superior room because it was new and near the beach.
Carful the superior rooms are nice, and next to the beach or with beach view but you cannot sleep until the bars, from each side, will close (at around 2 pm).

The beach/pool area was constantly dirty, till they finish the breakfast and have time to start cleaning it. At 11 AM still the empty bottles and the dirt from the previous night party all over the area. The cushions and the towels are so dirty that I preferred to sit on the sand... Carful when you sit on the plastic chairs… Most of them are in a very bad shape and I saw two guests fallen…

DON'T GO THERE, especially for the price you can get much better even on the beach!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sophiene
beach391, Manager at Saireehut Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

thanks for your comment to our hotel we will check with our staff but I have reason when I asked you which staff? what did they say to you ? if I don't know that I can't say to the right person because we have some staff which is BURMESE who just come to THAILAND at the moment I understand you not happy because of they said NO to you when you take the SHOES up on the pool but may be he said not polite so I wont to know which staff then I can teach him to talk more polite to specially guest.
Also we will clean our pool everyday between 8.00-9.00 am. and put sunbath mattress on terrace and so sorry we don't let people with shoes up on , for clean, no food only drink is ok.
For the room not clean I will check with maid
A nyway thanks a lot for your complain .

Reviewed 14 April 2013

We were here for 5 days in July 2012 and were pleased. Sure, the rooms were quite worn but it was clean and nice. You can certainly get better accommodations for the money if you do not choose to stay on the beach. But do you want to stay on the beach, have access to pool and breakfast included in the price and also have free wi-fi, this is a good hotel at a good price. Add to the immediate proximity of the cozy Sairee town and you will feel that this is a good hotel with a good price.

The standard of the rooms are different and you get what you pay for. We lay one night in one of their luxurious, but also considerably more expensive room and of course, the room does not compare with the standard room which we then spent the rest of the days in.

We had such a good experience there so that we have booked for 8 nights when we go there in the fall this year again.

We also liked that the staff was really nice. The breakfast was ok and the food was good (we used to have lunch there beacuse the hotel is on the beach and it was usually here we spent our daytime.

We definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to the next stay here. But this time we chose a superior room instead of the standard that we had last time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Madelenee
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I stayed for 2 nights with my husband and my son. We got two rooms and we had problem in both.
The smell, the bad smell from the bathroom, was terrible. The breakfast very poor and staff wasn't friendly at all.

Never more.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Shame about the bad reviews below but we had a good experience at Sairee. We had a bungalow which was on the main track but only a 2 minute walk to pool. Room was decent size and clean but must admitt bathroom was pretty horrid. Lots of insect/mozzies squashed on walls, pretty dirty and cold shower.

the rest was brilliant. Decent pool for the price that we paid, could do with some more beds but limited space so understand. the bar area is great and staff friendly and the view watching the sunset is stunning. Also the BBQ in th evening was excellent and many from outside the hotel agreed.

location very good, only 5 minutes walk to the carnage that is Lotus bar but no noise if you need a quiet night.

overall i'd say an 8/10 and Ko Tao was probably my favourite place!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I stayed in the garden villa (hut) triple room for 4 nights. The balcony was never cleaned up. The floor always had a layer of sand even after clean up. The air con was a dripping noice making machine without blowing. I had to change to another room though the reception arranged repairing. The toilet was very basic. The most disappointed was two pairs of my son's corrective contact lenses with cases left on the bedside table were found missing after our day trip. We search the entire room with nil result and neither asking the staff to help. It's hard to understand why the person stole the lenses which could not sell for money. The only person was the cleaning staff but reception replied they've questioned them and no one will admit of course. If you only consider the location, you can choose Sairee Hut, otherwise stay away from it.

• Stayed: March 2013