“Not cheaply priced for standard of accom & sound of frogs at night!”
Review of AC Resort

AC Resort
Ranked #49 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed here on a deal which was 4 for 3 nights at 1,200 baht for a double bungalow. The bungalow we were in was not very spacious due to a third bed being in there and the toilet had lots of mosquitos every day. The bungalows themselves are a bit run down not worth 1,200 baht a night. There is a swimming pook which was always cleen and its a decent size however the same cleanlisness cannot be said for the surroundings and grounds as it too is very run down. The bungalows are all in pairs on stilts and underneath there are pools of water which are dirty. Not only that but at night there are horrific sounds of frogs which actually sounds more like cows. Sometimes it can get so loud its impossible to sleep as your surrounded by the sound. The actual resort is in a good position as its right on the beach.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 May 2011

We got a great deal with ac resort. If u do the open water course at phoenix divers, you pay 8500 baht, and you get a basic fan room for free, including breakfast. ( if you are two ppl, you get the aircon room for free)
That was a great value for our money, especially since we are a couple so we got the aircon room + the free breakfast.

There was one problem which was handled very professionally and with no problem : at the middle of the night, my wife went to the toilet and there was a MOUSE !!! Needless to say she got panicked and we wanted to switch rooms, so the next morning we told reception and we got an upgrade to a much better room , with better facilities ! For free!

So it's a good place to stay, great location, great food, the rooms are basic, and if u have a problem with the rooms they would probably help u with it. I recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Tomc123
Reviewed 7 August 2010

We waited for ages to be served, despite their being loads of staff and an empty restaurant. The staff waled around the restaurant aimlessly and span bottles of tomato ketchup around!!
We were a total inconveinience to ALL staff - we had to ask to be served, when the food eventually arrived it came at seperate times and random courses came out (something not uncommon in Thailand and not the problem here). My food was cold and when I asked a waiter if he could warm it up for me he shouted at me in Thai, grabbed my plate and walked away. He came back and threw his tray down next to me! I asked why he was being so rude and he proceeded to shout again. Despite the bill coming to 1500 BHT for 4 people it was really NOT worth it! There are far, far better places to eat on the island!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
12  Thank Ilovetravelling14
Reviewed 31 July 2010

We wanted to do some fundives on Koh Tao and saw a good offer. So we decided to stay on the AC Resort. The bungalows are not nice and not well kept. The bungalow is really tiny and the mosquitonet was already full with holes. It was not a pleasant stay there and we definitely can't recommend that place. There would be a pool as well, but the pool was everywhere broken and the water was dirty. We didn't liked that place

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nicoleri
Reviewed 28 July 2010

They have very basic rooms. Our bathroom was loaded with ants. The veranda was nice though and there is a possibility to hang you wet clothes on the veranda. the bed was very uncomfortable. the only thing that was good was ther restaurant. very delicious food, and the cocconut shake is heaven. Plus they did not clean our rooms!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank SmokedPanda
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Stayed here for three nights on Beautiful Ko Tao, Very basic stand alone bungalows, bit of a ant problem in the bathroom and we think there was a lizard living in there. Overall however if you are a budget you can't beat the loaction and the price, pretty green living too.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank snowmansam
Reviewed 7 March 2010

I stayed here a part of the diving package. When I first when in my heart dropped. Mattresses on the floor,very poor fan over head and the toilet was very damp. HOWEVER....it was fine, I got used to it. Theyu could have moved me on the second night but I was not bothered at that stage. I was sleeping well. I got mney off the diving package because of the room though. 500bhat. The diving was amazing and I wpould highly reccommend it. Eat in the AC resort restaurant 2 was nicer then the main one.
Lots of other people had grand rooms so I was just unlucky. It was the last room available.
I would recommend but I would STRONGLY advise to check room first

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo