“It needs knocking down”
Review of AC Resort

AC Resort
Ranked #49 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

It is without doubt the worst place I have stayed in having travelled through most of South East Asia. The room was so damp that all of the walls were black with mould, the beds were wet and the room smelt like a crack den.

Cockroaches rained free throughout the room and the staff are worse than useless at sorting anything out, despite all of them occupying the large advertised bungalows. This leaves guests to take a damp collapse of communism type tower block at the back side of the 'resort'. Do not go here your money can be spent much better elsewhere!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
24  Thank Williamhiscock

Reviewed 7 March 2014

not very good accom. service from front desk not helpful. very slow internet. the beds are very hard and the rooms not very clean. we stayed because we were on a dive trip. sometime the housekeeping forget to clean the room. there is better place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Tobias S
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I was 4 days holiday in this resort : in 4 days never came house keeping for clean the room ,
The internet is very low, so can't use , The lady staff in the front of desk was so rude and aggressive with us and in general with all guests, the services staff in the restaurant don't have any idea how to serve customer and don't speck/understand english well.
The location is great .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Niko L
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed here 8 days while diving at Phoenix, because it was free I stayed, otherwise I would've left after 1 night. I'm a backpacker, so I'm ok with things not being perfect, which they are not, but the worst thing here are the beds. Basically feels like sleeping on the floor, hard as a rock. I woke up everyday aching on all the pressure points. When I asked to upgrade to a room with a better mattress I was told they're all the same. The staff are grumpy, and I guess you would be too if you had to listen to people complain everyday about your crap resort, and there was nothing you could do about it

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
18  Thank WanderingAimlessly4U
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We didn't exactly choose this resort, more got put their because we were diving with Phoenix Divers who have a deal with AC and you get the room for free. Because there were two of us diving and they are supposed to give you a fan room each, we asked to put the money that it would cost for two fan rooms together and have a double air-con room. This was agreed easily enough. When we saw the room we were completely disgusted with the quality - most of the rooms on the resort look large and are build like big wood cabins, ours however, looked like an afterthought which they just quickly knocked up in a random hidden corner of the resort. It was concrete built unlike the others, but not decorated so the walls were all grey. Because it was in a small corner of the resort behind a bigger room there was no natural light let in (if you've seen the picture of the light fitting I added, you'll see) so the room was very dark. The wooden fittings around the room such as shelves and cupboards were all dirty, dusty and chipped. The bed wasn't much different from a plank of wood either.

We were in the room for 9 nights, in all this time none came to clean our room. The floor was completely sandy and no sweeping brush was provided. This meant sand got everywhere - mostly in the bed. After the first week I started waking up with bites and guessed this must have been from the dirty bedding.

I would not recommend this 'resort' to anyone. The word 'resort' to me conjures up ideas of idyllic wooden huts on the beach with a top service. Maybe a bar and snacks by the pool, somewhere where you want to spend your time - this place was far from somewhere I wanted to be.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
22  Thank ThaiTravelJade
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Been traveling for 4 months and this is by far the worst place I have stayed at. First we were told a cheaper price by the sales person on the boat and arrived to find the price was a lot more. The fan bungalow we stayed was filthy when we check in (bird poo on sheets, no sheet on bed, very poor wiring for power points) the bathroom was small and dirty, there was a massive spider in the bathroom that was eating a cockroach. Mozzies got into the room all night so we got no sleep. The pool smelt like stagnant water. Just over all a terrible experience.

• Stayed: December 2013
19  Thank Ilovetraveling143
Reviewed 16 November 2013

THB1,500 gets you an aircon double room with hot water (weak) shower. I love Koh Tao so don't mind where I'm staying. I can understand some of the unhappy comments below but ultimately, this is a cheaper option on a bustling part of the island. It is advisable to wear mossie spray when you sleep as these are bamboo huts on stilts. If you're looking for a more rough & ready Thailand, then stay here. If you want luxury, keep walking.

The staff are a bit grumpy and said that we had to stay a minimum of 2 nights. However, with a ferry out the next day, we managed to talk them into letting us stay for one.

Room Tip: Always ask to look at the room before handing over any money. Check the aircon & the shower pres...