We visited View Point in April 2013 staying in the pool villas. We booked View Point as a wedding venue and as a luxury end to our holiday in Thailand.
Overall View Point Resort was disappointing.
1. Beautiful setting, away from town and traffic.
2. Very close to nature - which for us was a delight.
3. Staff were generally friendly and helpful.
4. Pool Villas were comfortable and well designed.
5. As a result of our complaints we were given a cash discount.
1. The resort is not finished (as at April 2013). Significant amount of building work being done - paths, roads being laid etc The approach road is very poor and the first impression of the resort is of a rubbish tip.
2. Not really a resort - lacking in infrastructure i.e. No telephone system so only way to ask for room service or obtain assistance was to walk to reception, which was not manned throughout the night. No wifi in the villas or cottages and a very poor signal at reception.
3. 100 metre walk to the beach is very steep and unfortunately the kitchen is near the beach. Breakfast is brought to the villas each day and by the time it had arrived coffee was tepid etc. All food was covered with cling film and this caused the food to 'sweat' - toast was inedible! 4.The food generally was poor - we visited the 'restaurant' only once and it was certainly not 'fine-dining' as described on the website.
5. Website warns of occasional power cuts - we stayed for four nights and experienced a few of these. One occurred during the night and lasted for over 4 hours! With no lights movement around the villas/site was unsafe even with a torch. It was not comfortable walking along the footpaths (at night) which was covered with crabs - and I love wildlife!!!
6. The villas had very little information on display e.g. What do you do in an emergency with no power and no telephone?
7. The resort was VERY expensive in comparison to other hotels in Thailand. There is currently a discounted rate for the villas which range in cost from £170 to £255 per night (normal rates are £255 to £382 per night!!!).
We booked View Point as a wedding venue and as a luxury end to our holiday in Thailand. We had no time to rearrange wedding plans and had paid fully up front. We complained and had a number of meetings with the management which resulted in a substantial refund.
We were very worried that my daughters wedding would be a disaster but the staff were fantastic on the day and it was a great success.
View Point has huge potential but is not at the present time 'a luxurious resort'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- View Point Resort believes that absolute privacy creates the perfect setting for a peaceful and restful environment from which our guests will benefit. View Point Resort is located at the pinnacle of Chalok Baan Kao, cut off from the towns & other resorts, but nonetheless at a pleasant walking distance to all amenities. Here you will find a spiritual kind of quiet. Join us in paying homage to Buddha Rock, who watches over our resort, blesses our days & offers us protection and comfort. This is a place to relax, unwind, contemplate, & re-connect with nature. Sometimes life requires you to break away from routine. View Point Resort is your shelter from the storm of everyday life. This is the place to celebrate what is truly important in life - Serenity and Joy. We believe that all of this makes us the most uniquely situated resort on Koh Tao. We hope that you can take pleasure in our efforts, but moreover that you can also share and embrace our concept. Relax, enjoy, & take pleasure in what has been meticulously crafted for your profound satisfaction and pure delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your View Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- View Point Hotel Koh Tao