We stayed at View Point for 4 nights. We arrived at the pier and got a taxi (note you need to explain where you are going as they need a 4x4 drive to take you to the resort). The taxi will cost no more then 100 Baht per person.
Arrival was simple and we were quickly taken to our bungalow. Here are the pros & cons:
** Being on the south part of the island was lovely, relaxing and beautiful. I am not sure I could stay in Sairee
** It is a 10 min walk around the coast to the little town with bars, restaurants, yoga classes, diving schools and shops
** The bugalow was clean, amazing view and, even though the hotel staff were reluctant, there was enough space for 3 girls
** The bar is lovely for an end of the day drink
** No hot water (you get over this very quickly as it is hot and you don't really want a hot shower)
** The bathroom is super super dark and the water smells really weird
** They don't change the towels and only make up the room if you give them your keys and request it
** The restaurant is delicious but overpriced (for Thailand)
** The costal pathway from the resort to the town goes under at high tide
** There is no beach! When they say Ocean views that is what you get, an ocean view but not a sandy beach
** Beds at horrible, super uncomfortable
** You get visitors! We had a small tree snake on our balcony and a giant gecko in the bedroom.
- Nice place to eat is Yin Yang
- Eat the pancakes with Nutella and Coconut from the man out the front of the 7/11
- Go and visit Haadtien for a drink at the bar
- Walk the coast the other direction towards The Pinnacle Dive Resort and you find lots of lovely little places that remind you of Robinson Crusoe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- View Point Resort believes that absolute privacy creates the perfect setting for a peaceful and restful environment from which our guests will benefit. View Point Resort is located at the pinnacle of Chalok Baan Kao, cut off from the towns & other resorts, but nonetheless at a pleasant walking distance to all amenities. Here you will find a spiritual kind of quiet. Join us in paying homage to Buddha Rock, who watches over our resort, blesses our days & offers us protection and comfort. This is a place to relax, unwind, contemplate, & re-connect with nature. Sometimes life requires you to break away from routine. View Point Resort is your shelter from the storm of everyday life. This is the place to celebrate what is truly important in life - Serenity and Joy. We believe that all of this makes us the most uniquely situated resort on Koh Tao. We hope that you can take pleasure in our efforts, but moreover that you can also share and embrace our concept. Relax, enjoy, & take pleasure in what has been meticulously crafted for your profound satisfaction and pure delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your View Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- View Point Hotel Koh Tao