We only stayed here for 2 nights and wished we had booked longer, we even considered cancelling the rest of our trip just to stay! We stayed in Pool Villa 1 which was absolutely beautiful and very private. A member of the hotel staff was waiting for us at the ferry pier even though our ferry was 2 hours late and our transfer to and from the ferry pier was free with the hotel which was great.
- The lush villa, and the view was to die for!
- Beautiful private beach at the bottom of the resort
- Really nice and quiet
- Comfortable bed
- Pool doubles up as a spa
- Breakfast delivered to our room free of charge
- Only a short stroll along the beach into town, and we loved wading through the water when the tide was high
- Lots of lovely beach bars and restaurants on the way into town
- Dozing off on the balcony overlooking the ocean...bliss!!
- Free transfers to and from ferry pier, and they also booked our ferry tickets for us
- Cute little squirrel visitors
- Nobody came to tidy the room the whole time we were there
- Breakfast was nice but not amazing, the shakes were yummy but our croissants were burnt and the overall quality/taste of the food was average
- The hotel staff weren't very helpful, there was a Canadian girl who was really nice but only seemed to be there for check-ins/check-outs. We kept asking for a late checkout and the man at reception wouldn't tell us until actual checkout time
- The urinal in the bathroom took away from the lushness a bit, and the urinal cakes stunk the place out (we ended up wrapping them in a bag and throwing them out)
- Lamps in the loungeroom weren't plugged in and I had to move them to one side and unplug tv and dvd player to plug them in
- Chocolate in mini bar was full of water and tasted off, when we mentioned this to staff they didn't charge us for it which was good
This place wouldn't be very suitable for somebody who struggles with stairs, unless they are planning on staying in the villa the whole time which would be quite easy to do since it's so lush!
Overall the experience was good, the staff there would be lost without the Canadian girl who seemed to hold everything together. I would recommend the rest of the staff have some better training in customer service.
This place would be amazing for a wedding as it has some spectacular views and stunning gardens, we saw a wedding being set up while we were there and it looked beautiful. I think the place will look even better when they finish construction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- View Point Resort believes that absolute privacy creates the perfect setting for a peaceful and restful environment from which our guests will benefit. View Point Resort is located at the pinnacle of Chalok Baan Kao, cut off from the towns & other resorts, but nonetheless at a pleasant walking distance to all amenities. Here you will find a spiritual kind of quiet. Join us in paying homage to Buddha Rock, who watches over our resort, blesses our days & offers us protection and comfort. This is a place to relax, unwind, contemplate, & re-connect with nature. Sometimes life requires you to break away from routine. View Point Resort is your shelter from the storm of everyday life. This is the place to celebrate what is truly important in life - Serenity and Joy. We believe that all of this makes us the most uniquely situated resort on Koh Tao. We hope that you can take pleasure in our efforts, but moreover that you can also share and embrace our concept. Relax, enjoy, & take pleasure in what has been meticulously crafted for your profound satisfaction and pure delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your View Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- View Point Hotel Koh Tao