“Great location! ”
Review of Blue Wind Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Koh Tao
Blue Wind Resort
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The location is just great, right on Sairee beach, with plenty of restaurants in the area! The bungalows are basic but very affordable and exactly what you need. There is no cleaning service. The beach restaurant could do with some maintenance and revamp as it's looking a little tired and the service down there is not good. But all in all, a really great place. I would definitely return!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Caoife D
There are newer reviews for Blue Wind Resort

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed 5 nights in this hotel. One time 3 nights and one time 2 nights. When I came back the second time after 3 days the woman at the reception said to me "You change everytime". Very rude. The prices are ok and the bungalow is also ok. But theres is nothing to do at this place, just sleeping. The food at the restaurant I didn't like. When I came to Koh Samui, I realised, that I forgot 10.000 Baht in my room. I called them and she was saying there is no money. I think it was my fault as well. I will never go back to this place!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I went with a friend of mine to Koh Tao and we found this hostel, the room was very clean with clean bedsheets, pillows and a fan, and its on a perfect location near the beach 5'' walking. The prices range start from 450-800. We had the cheapest one for 450 a night. Overall good experience. The bungalow was nice and the price quite good for that. I would recommend it to anyone that wants to stay in a bungalow near the beach! Check it out!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Blue Wind has an excellent location, right on the beach, and is great to have a beer watching the sunset. That is the only good thing I can say, unfortunately. The food is average and overpriced - I ordered a cheese sandwich, which consisted of two massive slices of bread with one cheese slice hidden away inside, and they charge you extra for a portion of butter, this is bad practice! But my main problem with Blue Wind is the attitude of the staff. Lazy, unfriendly and they clearly don't care about the customers or the restaurant - there's loads of them, all sat around on their mobile phones, if you want any service you have to call them, they are all so engrossed in their mobiles. They don't bother to clean the tables or make sure the customers are happy and have everything they need. The management here could do with banning the staff from using their mobiles, but unfortunately I'm not sure the management care that much either. Such a shame, as it's in a beautiful location and could be a wonderful place.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

EXCELLENT location on Sairee Beach. We were three bungalows in from beach, and although neighboring Cancun Bar could get pretty loud, ocean view was fabulous. Overall good experience. Nice, basic bungalow with fan--at excellent price for Thailand's south. Great porch space. Restaurant food VERY tasty and reasonably priced. Restaurant staff abundant, but not very friendly or attentive. If being pretty much ignored by staff in general sounds good (we enjoyed it), this is an excellent place to stay. Resident dogs are friendly and hilarious. WiFi frustratingly slow, especially if needing to accomplish important tasks.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Such a commercial place: the most unfriendly staff i have ever seen ( and i m not talking about receptiin only, fhe worse is the restaurant), average rooms, and the worse is that they probably dont care at all about this review cause they are always full. Seems like not many good option on the island and this place has a great location. And food is quite good in the restaurant. But my god, dont go there to make friends, u will regularly be reminded to pay ur room on time by a : YOU PAY NOW OR YOU GO, and dont ask if u can leave ur stuff for an extra hour (check out at 11 and most of diving trip finish around 12.30) cause the answer will be No, just a no, no looking at u, no trying to accomodate, just a big No. And if u want sthg in the restaurant, try not to disturb the sleeping staff cause they dont like it. But it s worth noting that it s one of only places where u can actually sleep well at night cause no party there.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Aurelie G
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We were planning to stay here even after reading some variation in experiences. We arrived today at the reception and we were received in such a horrible manner that we already felt like leaving. My wife decided she wanted to see the rooms but she came back quite quickly because they were not clean, really small and kind of pricy. So we did NOT end up staying here and took a room in the nearby Wind Beach Resort, better value for money and much friendlier reception..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple