“Just epic ”
Review of Silver Sands Beach

Silver Sands Beach
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

The rooms were fantastic the staff was amazing I arrived with a school group there the rooms were amazing I have only good memories of the place There is nothing wrong with the hotel everything from the food to the staff is well just epic and that's how it should stay

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Well, the bungalow is very basic but the location is perfect. If you like to hear loud base from even louder music during the whole night this might be the place for you. Be sure to check how much money you get back everytime you pay something with cash because they will try to trick you. They also told us when de wanted to book another night that the only room availbe was a room for 2500 bat but that was a lie. When I questioned the lady she told us another price but changed it 5 times. All of a sudden the only room availbe was a 1000 bat bungalow. Since I am taking diving courses with the davy Jones locker next door I asked them before paying and they told me that the bungalow only was 900.. Thats why I recommend you not to stat here

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank anna f
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed in one of the air conditioned rooms which for 1500 a night were pretty pricey. The hotel is clean and in a good location (although can be noisy from the bars etc) with spacious rooms and comfy beds. On a negative the blinds do not meet the sides of the windows so you get no privacy. What ruined what would have been an ok stay was the unfriendly staff. I didn't see one of them smile in the three days I was there. To be honest I found Ko Tao as a whole this way. So unfriendly. I was made to prepay for my room each day and was even followed into the village by the owner and asked to come back and pay for that night. I don't understand why, they had my credit card details and I fully intended paying on check out.

An ok hotel but unpleasant grumpy staff

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank tmacd18
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

It was noisy, parties lasted all night. Centrally located. Internet service a bit slow. Pricey at 2000 baht per night. Linens not changed regularly. Front desk staff not too friendly. Ac only works when room key is in a slot in room so u will return to a boiling room after a long day of playing on the island.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PabloFreedom
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

2 friends and I stayed here over the New Years break pre booking online. All 3 of us stayed in one bungalow (2shared the double bed) with AC, tv and large fridge. 2300 Bart per night.

We didn't have to pay until we checked out and could lengthen or reduce our stay as we wished as long as we gave 24hrs notice, we had to leave a passport at reception for this flexibility. If we had pre paid then we wouldn't have needed to do that.

The bungalows were spacious and were cleaned daily, with fresh towels and bottled water provided.

Reception staff helpful and provided laundry and internet services.

The only downside is the noise. We stayed right next to Fizz Bar, room 101. Even though it doesn't open till 4pm it goes very late into the night 2am-4am) the music is very loud and you'll need ear plugs if you're not intending to be up late each night.
Also during the day from early the bar staff start to sort the bottle and rubbish so it can be noisy from 9am in this bungalow.

Lastly the Lotus Bar next to Fizz had recently closed down which is a blessing re: noise but some modernisation building work is now happening so again it can be noisy.

Overall we had a great stay as we partied a fair but and we're prepared for the noise but this could be very off putting for others.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nicola R
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Clean and neat. Great staff, they helped with laundry and ferries. Good value for money. Safe in room. It is very noisy at night from all the bars around the hotel. This is fine if you are partying also. This part of the island isn't chilled. If you want to relax and have early nights then go to other parts of the island. Loved Koh Tao

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed here through DJL and we like it so much we booked and extra few days. The bungalows are cheap and a 30 second walk to Sairee beach. The first one we stayed in was basic as it was in the package with the diving then the second was more equipped with fridge, tv, hot water, etc... Loads of restaurants, bars and shops around.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple