Coral View Resort Thailand
US$398
  • Breakfast included
US$72
US$64
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$47
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Koh Tao Simple Life Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$50
  • Breakfast included
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$47
Agoda.com
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
US$209
US$196
US$70
US$65
US$113
US$90
Agoda.com
In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$26
US$176
US$81
Trip.com
All reviewsshark islandexotic fishquiet beachbeach barno air conbeautiful baydive shopbeach frontrent a scooterpad thaibahtpierhutdivingparadisehammocksko
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We booked this place for two nights as they had great reviews online. We were ci side ring diving but wanted accommodation first.
When we arrived nobody helped with our bags despite seeing out struggle, nobody even directed us to reception. We ask a lady who wasworking in the dive shop and she just rudely pointed. When we got to reception they made us wait while they finished eating in the back and we're not happy or helpful despite our best efforts to be polite and friendly. They guided us to our room without thought to help with our bags, they could see my girlfriend was struggling so I had to help her. The room was alright nothing special, nice view tho. The toilet looked like a prison and stunk. The food was okay. Overall overpriced.

Now credit where credit is due, despite the appaulling service, the surroundings are very pretty but that's the only real positive to this place.

I cannot recommend this place to anyone, there are better cheaper places to dive with a lot better service. We decided to go to another company to do diving.

Avoid :(

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank JimmyDan
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed for three nights and I had an amazing experience Scuba diving, I came to koh tao because I just had to dive here, so the first thing I did as soon as I arrived at the hotel was to ask about diving, the owner of the diving shop, very helpful, approached me and not like most of the places in thailand were they are only interested for the money, here I get to choose my dive sites and the time I want to go diving and I even got to do a night dive (Highly recommended) and all for very good prices ( 6 dives for 5,000 baht around $170 US). The Diving Staff were very helpful, but the hotel staff not so much. after 9.30 pm there is nowhere to get something to eat so be prepared. the beach is beautiful but full of rocks, so NO nice walk on the beach. but for snorkeling, dont even bother to find a tour, you got everything you need as soon as you jump in. the bungalows are clean and reasonable prices.

Room Tip: choose the hill bungalows, 20 meters away from the beach. spacious with big and private bathroom.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MR_Romano
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Situated on a most beautiful bay Haad Sai, at Koh Tao, this hotel I found quite overpriced for what we got, although we probably paid for the view. The room was basic and I had a foam mattress which I do not like because they sweat in hot weather. There was no air-con for the price, we had one double bed and one single in the same room with a very basic bathroom. However there was magical snorkelling and it was very quiet for a restful weekend. A nearby hotel provided beautiful meals on the balcony overlooking the bay. There were two of us, both women travelling together.

Room Tip: Better rooms if you are a couple I think, solo no unless you have money to splurge.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 December 2012 via mobile

This place came recommended by friends, and to be honest we do not understand why? We expected a beach front room as described on the website. The room faced a courtyard, not the sea. Our bathroom ceiling leaked water! They explained it is when the room above takes a shower..to their credit: they moved us the same night to a room at the top..further away from the sea. In that room the basin trap leaked and the shower head had a crack spraying water all over the bathroom. we didn't bother to complain again. At the bar one evening the bar lady brought us two cocktails: we thought what a nice gesture to only later find out they charged us for the drinks we didn't order! The place is remote in the sense that theres a 4x4 grade downhill to the resort. We had to rent a soecial motorbike to be able to navigate it. The beach is not great either. Lots of choral and rock. Otherwise its fine. Decent enough restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We stayed in one of the huts up the hill. The view is stunning! The hut is provided with towels. Bathroom with cold water is OK, but I missed taking a hot shower. Both bed- and bathroom are clean. Fan above the bed and mosquito net is provided.
We ate at the restaurant several times and the food is fine. Not ‘haute cuisine’ but it was nice to ate some decent western food after two weeks Thai food.
Free WIFI is OK in the restaurant but in the huts it’s not working and in the beach area you get a signal that is working but not theirs I guess! ;)
You can hire some snorkeling gear. Do so or bring your own cause you can snorkel from the first step you take into the sea. Don’t forget your water sandals, otherwise it’s very, very painful to go in the sea here.
Fish are very, very beautiful (everywhere you look) but the coral is not that stunning. Most of it is dead. You have to go some further away from the beach, near the rocks to see nice coral. But perhaps I’m just spoiled cause I snorkelled in The Great Barrier Reef. ;)
You also can do a snorkel trip but - telling from their website - I thought it was with a boat from their place but you have to go on a tour for a day and go round the island to snorkel. We didn’t do that cause we didn’t want to do a day-tour again.
You can go diving also but we didn’t do that either.
There are a few beds on the beach but they really are worn out. And not that much so I think in high season it will be difficult to use one.
Pick-up from the pier was well organized and free. To go back you have to pay.
One minor: you can rent a safe for 2O baht (50 euro cent), quite cheap, isn’t it? But be prepared, every time you take something out of the safe, you have to put 2O baht in again. ☹
Overall if you want to relax away from the hustle of restaurants, bars and noise, come to this relaxing haven!

Room Tip: Take the units up the hill. The view is stunning.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family