“Only the best @ Scuba Junction”

Scuba Junction Diving Co. Ltd
Ranked #10 of 100 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Centrally located on Koh Tao’s beautiful Sairee beach, Scuba Junction specializes in providing a friendly & personalized service, highly rated by Trip Advisor, Lonely Planet & i-escape. With + 20 years experience & staffed by a team of experienced, multilingual professionals. Scuba Junction is a PADI 5 Star Centre offering courses for all levels of diver, from beginner to professional. Exclusive benefits include: • Cheap dive insurance • Maximum group size of 4 • Discounted accommodation in clean, quiet resorts • 2 x swimming pools • New scuba equipment serviced on site by certified equipment technicians • Free dive computer use • Restaurant • Massage Parlour • Free optical lenses • Free wifi • Free taxi transfers
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Can be quite confusing arriving at Koh Tao to pick from 60plus dive shops but without a doubt I recommend Scuba Junction.
Right on Sairee Beach,eye view to where the sun goes down I was welcomed by a bubbly bunch of friendly crew staff!
Fernando, Kyle, Jamie, Tyler, Matthieu, Maike just to name a few!
Kyle, my diving instructor has knowledge & experience in diving, was funny & made learning FUN with the help of my " saving victim " Tyler.
Who happens to be almost two meters tall.Trying to cradle him up a boat ladder was a sight to see when I'm only a short little thing.
Going through life saving skills from the boat became hilarious. When the dive masters all decided to jump over board & yell out " mummy mummy!!( "mummy" was equivalent to Help Help!) while I was saving Tyler my dive buddy Martha was frantically saving the rest!
Laughing whilst swallowing salt water saving lives, I thought I might have to save her next.
Many apologies to the rest of the fun dives/students on the boat!

Fernando, took me on a few fun dives and showed me the underwater world of this magical place. Wrecks, caves, pinnacles you name it it's all here.
Truly beautiful!
Flanando is a warmhearted, loud & happy character. Who brings out the best in people. Thank you for reminding me how life's suppose to be lived. I miss you already friend!

Having such a short break away I wad reluctant in doing a three day course which took away from more important things like resting, reading,massages & watching sunsets. I've now come away one step closer to becoming a dive master/instructor!!

Thanks to all the crew at Scuba Junction!
T

1  Thank Teresa G

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I booked my open water PADI course with scuba junction on the recommendation of a friend and am so glad I did. The dive shop is located in the perfect position in the center of Sairee Beach and from the first moment of contact with the team there I knew I had made the right decision. The accommodation is very reasonably priced, clean and comfortable. The staff are extremely friendly and always around to answer any questions and help assist you. As it was low season I was lucky enough to have one on one lessons with my instructor, Kyle. Kyle made my first diving experience so much fun - I felt completely safe and at ease through the entire course - he explained everything thoroughly and really helped with my confidence - definitely worth requesting him!
Unlike other dive schools on the island, Scuba Junction always uses smaller group sizes - this was something I was especially interested in as Id heard from people who'd booked at the larger schools they didn't get enough attention or feel as comfortable on their dives.
The dives were well organised and all the staff extremely proficient. I can 100% recommend Scuba Junction to anyone considering taking any dive qualifications and hope to be back soon to take my advanced - Thank you Scuba Junction!

1  Thank Becky I
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I did my first discovery dive with scuba junction after having only experiencing snorkelling before. I was quite nervous at first and my instructor was very calm and patient, ensuring we did not proceed further until I was comfortable with the skills and being underwater.

When I was ready we dove in some beautiful places abundant with amazing fish and coral. I also enjoyed how the instructor ran through some of the fish we might encounter on our dive and abit about them, you could tell she was very knowledgable and loved marine life.

Was an amazing experience and would recommend scuba junction to everyone who wants an intimate dive with great staff!!

Can't for my next dive!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was fortunate enough to find myself on the beautiful island of Koh Tao just a few weeks ago. Having been an avid snorkeler for years, I have always had a desire to become PADI certified.

Well, on May 29th, 2014, thanks to the team at Scuba Junction, that dream became a reality! I found the staff to be amazingly accommodating and was fortunate that my buddy and I were the only ones in our class. In just a few days our instructor Keli got us so comfortable in the water that we were able to confidently dive 18 meters (60 feet)!

Now after returning to my home in NYC, I am constantly reminiscing about my time with the SJ crew. Thank you Scuba Junction for helping me realize one of my life’s goals!

Hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We chose Scuba Junction as we had heard that they were small and friendly. We were extremely disappointed and would not recommend them. My friend and I are advanced divers and having lived in Asia for the past few years, have dived at many different places. We signed up for a night dive. (It was the second time I was to do one and the first time for my friend). Therefore she had to pay extra for an instructor. We turned up at the shop 30 mins before the dive as requested. We were asked to take a seat outside. Our instructor returned from a dive and asked if anyone had given us equipment to which we replied no and that we had been asked to wait only. Another member of staff then said that we had only just arrived to which I informed him we had been waiting for the last half hour. He simply glared at us and did not apologize for the error. The instructor's briefing was shockingly bad and he only showed us a map of the dive site when I asked. He did not tell us what to look out for and nor that we would do a swim through (on a night dive!!!). Whilst on the dive, he swam off too quickly (despite it being my friend's first time diving at night) and when I got confused with my signals (it was different to what I had been taught previously), he got aggressive underwater and pointed at his head, indicating that I should think. Need less to say, I felt very stupid and somewhat panicked. I was close to tears when I ascended.

Our original night dive got postponed due to bad weather. We were reluctant to do it on the following day as we were going on a boat trip and wanted to enjoy a few beers. We were told not to worry and that it was fine to have a few beers before the night dive. This completely contradicts everything that I have been taught. (We did of course not drink before the dive).

I was asked to set up my equipment before the dive. Now, I have not done this since I did my advanced diving certificate 18 months back. Where I have dived (quality 5* Padi centers) have always informed me that I am on holiday, I should relax, enjoy the dive and they would do it for me. When I asked for assistance, the same rude instructor asked me where on earth had I dived where I had not had to set up my own equipment and again made me feel very stupid. At this point, I think I should mention that he had only ever dived at Scuba Junction in Ko Tao. We also had to carry the equipment off the boat and clean our own equipment afterwards (again something I have not done since passing my open water) and when I asked for assistance, I was again made to feel stupid.

The dive boat itself was rather run down. There was no shampoo to clean my mask. There was no boat briefing. I asked if there was water on the boat and the instructor told me it was probably best to bring my own.

We also did 2 fun dives with a dive master who was a lot more friendlier. Despite only having dived in Ko Tao also, she was very good underwater and assisted us with our equipment setting up. I was a bit surprised when she disappeared straight after returning to the dive shop to have her lunch whilst we were left to clean our own equipment. Again, I needed some assistance and my friend who was doing her open water there guided me through what to do!!!!!! I was also surprised to find the dive master smoking whilst we filled in our log books.

My friend who did her open water also had a very negative experience but I'm sure that she will also share her thoughts.

7  Thank Joannanelson