Myself & my wife stayed here on are Honeymoon for four nights, as part of our Thai tour. The resort is situated high above Sairee Beach with a lovely sea view & an Affinity pool which is shared by the three villas on site. We were staying in the 'Couples' villa, which was nicely decorated, had a modern bathroom, spacious living room & kitchenette.Everywhere is nicely furnished. Outside was a large verandah where we ate breakfast with a comfortable hammock too.
The grounds are lovely, with birds & butterflies everywhere. It is a real oasis of calm.The staff, Toni & Chloe (Janine is on maternity leave) were great. Friendly, super helpful & really added to the quality of stay, with there recommendations & advise.Call them on the villa mobile phone & breakfast appears within 30 minutes & is served on the private terrace. Breakfast was excellent.
As people have commented, access to the villas is very steep & can be a really effort to walk, especially in the heat, but we were happy to stay by the pool & enjoy the peace or get a taxi into town. Food can also be delivered from local restaurants, although we found this a bit 'hit & miss' with some places too busy deliver or issues over the phone with language.Overall, I am really glad we stayed here & I would recommend, however, I believe my suggestions below would further enhance the experience.
1) Pool sun beds - they were incredibly uncomfortable with no cushions & were no way 'luxury'.
2) 'Couples Villa' fridge- was far too small & was in fact a minibar.Bearing in mind food is a long walk away, it would have been great to have had the option of storing fruit, cheese etc, so we could make a lunch, without having to trial into town.
3) No wifi - this was the only place we stayed without & we found it inconvenient. We couldn't look up restaurant options on the web, check emails etc.Now you can argue that it would detract from the 'away from it all' feel, but in reality, people staying in this type of place (ie not cheap), have business to attend to at home & need to have access to email.
With these things addressed, the place would be perfect in my opinion & I hope the owners accept my suggestions. Will definitely return here!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rocks are boutique residences in southern Thailand offering both privacy and personal service. Surrounded by lush tropical jungle and stunning sea views, our four boutique villas and infinity-edge pool combine a feeling of tranquility and relaxation. Under Swiss and British management the Rocks are proud to be the original boutique villas on Koh Tao. Secluded, but still less than 10 minutes walk from the beach, they are the perfect holiday location for romantic couples, families or groups of friends. The Rocks is also a great location for your honeymoon. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Rocks Luxury Villas Hotel Koh Tao