“Great location, good music, lovely food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of FIZZ beachlounge

FIZZ beachlounge
Ranked #14 of 181 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Price range: US$2 - US$17
Cuisines: Bar, European, Asian, Thai, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, Cheap Eats, View, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Located right on Sairee beach, We have restaurant seating as well as beanbags on the wooden decking and more relaxed beanbags on the sand.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great location, good music, lovely food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Location is awesome, food is delicious and very reasonable. Love this place, we went several times during our stay

Visited August 2014

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
“Nice place on the beach but rude manager ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Went to this place last night to have a couple of drinks after dinner.

Great atmosphere, cool chairs and a general good vibe to the place.

My only issue was that when I ordered another drink a girl took my money and then a different waiter brought me my change which was way too much. I assumed that instead of giving a hundred baht note it was a 500 hence so much change.

A minute later a third waiter came to me and said he had given me too much change but I explained I thought I had given 500 baht and to check with the girl who served me. As soon as he left the manager promptly came over (some English guy) with a bit of a condescending attitude and was like what's the problem here guys. He explained that whoever gave me my change gave me the wrong amount. So we settled it and it was fine in the end but I found him to be quite rude and arrogant.

I'm sure you will have a nice time if you go there though.

Jay G, Manager at FIZZ beachlounge, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Hi Tom,
Thanks for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere and vibe at Fizz.
As a business we like to operate in a very honest way and, as such, endeavour to bring any mistakes made to the attention of our customers as soon as possible.
I'm personally sorry that the mistake was made. However, I'm pleased that it was noted by the team at Fizz and rectified amicably. These things do happen from time to time in our busy restaurant/ bar and I can only apologise if you were made to feel uncomfortable about the error, it was most definitely not my intention.
Thanks again for your comments, we take all constructive feedback on board. Enjoy the rest of your stay in Thailand.
Jay
“Great atmosphere, rude manager.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Like many other people I cannot fault the atmosphere and ambience of fizz, the food is good although slightly overpriced.

The only issue is, if you ever have any problems do not speak to the manager Jay as he is an incredibly condescending, cocky and belittling man. Acting as he's doing you a favour for being at the resteraunt completely full of self-importance. Whether this is regarding food, drinks, seating or any help or advice he will go straight to the defensive and fob you off on whatever rubbish he can. You can even see an undertone of his arrogance in some of his replies on tripadvisor. This really ruined it for me as this place has the potential to be one of the nicest on the island, poor management has unfortunately tarnished this completely for me. The other waiters seem nice enough and helpful.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Jessica1122
Jay G, Manager at FIZZ beachlounge, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hi Jessica,
Thanks for leaving your review. Although I have stopped replying to reviews left on tripadvisor, I do read every one and I always use the feedback to try and improve customer experiences at Fizz.
I do feel that I always try to rectify any problems that customers may experience with us, but I obviously failed with you. I'd like to be able to improve my approach when dealing with whatever problem you came to me with, so could I ask you to perhaps take the time and send me an email, being a little more specific about your experience, particularly with regards to what it was that I "fobbed you off" about.
I don't think it's possible for you to respond to this response, so please email me directly at jgrnsld@me.com.
Thanks again for your review, I look forward to receiving your email and making some positive changes.
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay on Koh Tao.
Jay
Sydney
“Relaxed beach bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The food and drinks here are amazing. We went here twice to watch the sunset as does most of Koh Tao. It has great bean bags in the sand where you can listen to the funky beats and watch the sun go down. My only negative comment about this place is that it's not open for lunch!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank LaurenSydney
Leiden
“Great to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great place to just sit down with a cold drink and watch the sunset with some relaxing music on the background. The fried calamaris are great!!

Visited July 2014