Seashell Resort Koh Tao
US$177
US$82
Koh Tao Simple Life Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$50
  • Breakfast included
US$80
US$57
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$47
US$39
US$38
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$47
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
US$214
US$197
Montalay Beach Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$36
Agoda.com
In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$25
Aminjirah Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$58
All reviewsbeach sidenice roomdiving courseaccommodationislanddivefrogsnightlifeinstructor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel is aesthetically pleasing, the rooms large and has two pools, one of which is particularly quiet and on the beach however there are many areas which the hotel could improve on. The buffet breakfast is lacking, though if you miss breakfast (stops at 10am) you can get a voucher for a set breakfast. We did this one day and after 50 minutes (being the only people ordering food) and enquiring twice as to when the food would arrive, it became apparent it was not going to so we left and paid for a breakfast elsewhere. When we mentioned this to the reception, they didn't seem to care less. Like l said, the rooms are large and you can have them made up each day, but this seems to be nothing more than they pull the sheets up and straighten the pillows (and not even all of them, they left some on the chair as though they couldn't be bothered). They provide toiletries but they are not a brand, just clear bottles with a typed label sellotaped on the front. The towels are thin and cheap but you do get fresh ones to take to the pool every day. For £50 a night, you can't complain (if you did, I don't think they'd care anyway) but its a shame they let themselves down on these little points as they could be so much better.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Before I start, I need to specify that I had a great experience at the seashell diving center. Here i'm commenting about the resort...
We had an awfull stay there.
There's clearly a huge gap between the frontdesk area which is a beautiful space, the great garden and pool area, and the bungallow.
Don't be fooled by the first impression.
We had the bungallow N°6. It was more like a closet : no space, no closet or decent table to put our bags and clothes. We had to put all our stuf on the bed and when sleeping, all our stuff on the floor.
One broken window, no AC, but fan which didn't really work (it didn't rotate so we had to sleep where the fresh air was distributed) the roof is made of steel so it was too hot to stay inside. It was full of moskitos...
No safety box, no TV, no telephone if you need to call the desk you have to go, though I m not sure they want you to call : when we complained about the doorlocker which was so hard that it took minutes to lock our door, they sent us a boy who was just sorry for us. No one came to fix it in five days....So we used our own lock.
The bathroom was large, but no hot water. The ceiling was broken and had mould.
At check-in they kept my passeport for all the stay which is the first time I experience such a thing (and I work in hotel ! )
You don't keep people passeport ! and what if i had to show it to a change office or to police ? Why did they keep my passeport ?
Also we had trouble when going to the hotel restaurant : the price of the veggie breakfast was 150 bath. they asked us to ask for a coupon prooving we were guest of the hôtel (which I understood) but at the fornt desk the price increased + 40 bath: now the veggie breakfast was 190 but still written 150 on the menue ! The rude receptionnist couldn't give a rationnal explaination and kept on saying "it's up to you". Last but not least, at the end of our stay we decided to try another hotel, but they tried to charge us for the comming night even leaving way before check-out time and it was our officlal last night on our reservation so it was not even a late cancellation case.
Still no rationnal explaination was given : they just tried ! Once again I state that the diving center is really great, but i suggest to sleep somewhere else especially if you need concentration for your diving experience...The road and all the night clubs behind the resort are extremely noisy at night...

Room Tip: Go for the diving center which is a very good one and sleep somewhere else....
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank neverletuforget
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for six nights during Chinese New Year.
I found the surroundings were very pretty and clean, and well maintained with staff everywhere. When I booked the hotel the price was really low, and when I arrived I realized why!! I was actually at the back of the resort, up a hill in a hut....to be honest for £20 per night including breakfast I was still happy. The swimming pool is lovely and it's fun to watch the PADI training during the day. I would recommend the hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

A great spot with a prefect location, lovely pool and a decent restaurant. The booking was messed up so we didn't get the room we booked. The one we did get was decent enough...but has to pay surcharge for the room...

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank carltonvespachris71
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Good Hotel, great location right next to the beach. has a pool and the rooms are really spacious. Staff were helpful but the food my its own restaurant wasn't particularly nice I would recommend walking down the road a little.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends