All reviews alan heidi the penthouse great hosts games room sairee beach entertainment system mobile phone to use wonderful stay main town beautiful island incredible views thought of everything watching the sunset stayed longer jungle koh hill
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Set back in the hills from beach, but only 10/15 minute walk from the action, Star Villa is an amazing experience. I fell in love with the place from the pics in the web site alone so you can only imagine how I feel having stayed there. Its the thought and consideration of the hosts Alan and Heidi that make it special. I love their taste in decor, there is a feeling here that they have made the accommodation to exactly what they would like to live in, its tasteful, its interesting, even artistic. There are some real USPs as well, Alan has cleverly devised an entertainment system that you wont find anywhere else, with a great selection of movies and music. There is also an efficient take-away food services that make a night-in a truly chilled out time. Further, the owners provide you with a mobile phone to use while you are their, and you will get a polite reminder if you forget to call on the mobile and take up Alan's offer of a free taxi ride. I have never been inspired to write a review before, but Star Villa is a unique experience which I want to share with every discerning traveller, so if you are going to Koa Tao, there simply is no better place to stay, so I suggest booking early to avoid dissapointment, its that good.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 November 2012

If you are looking to stay off the beaten track and in a homely, peaceful and luxury place, Star Villa is the place for you. Not only is the accommodation perfect, but the hosts; Heidi and Alan are second to none. Their attention to detail not only in their villa but also in looking after you is simply amazing. They do a true credit to Thailand offering the service that most become have come to love from the local people.

They offer an extremely very well stocked mini bar at prices that is very near to the local shops (kudos for that), and the Villa is fully stocked with all the cooking essentials should you wish to have a crack are making some local or homely food.

Our group of 7 only stayed 2 nights (regret - if only we had more time), but will certainly return when we're back to Koh Tao as it is simply that good.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights at the end of July 2012, and I did not want to leave when it came to the end of my stay. Heidi and Alan were the most welcoming hosts and did everything that they could to make my stay enjoyable, including taking me for dinner with them, driving me over to the beaches on the other side of the island and taking me snorkelling and telling me about the island and the places to go. They know a lot of the other people on the island, which means that you are welcomed like a long lost friend when you are out with them, and I met a lot of lovely people as a result. The apartments are beautifully furnished and equipped and have the most stunning views over the island, and Sairee has lots of great restaurants and bars with entertainment of all kinds. I am missing the amazing island and the wonderful time that I had there and I will definitely be back before too long.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We stayed here for 10 nights at the end of June 2012. The villa is very well furnished, with very comfy beds and a great 'on demand' style media system with pretty much every movie/documentary/series out there on it, great for those relaxed morning and chilled evenings. The location is fantastic, hidden away between palm trees and built around massive rocks – ask Alan to take you up to the top of the big rock just behind the villa, the view is breathtaking right across the island!

The owners, Alan and Heidi are more like long lost friends, they showed us around the island, took us snorkeling, took us to the bowling alley which is a must do while you’re there, having a guy at the end of the alley chucking your ball back up to you and replacing the pins is much more fun than a fully automatic system – think The Flintstones style, it’s great fun!! They even joined us for a BBQ one night.

I really couldn’t recommend this place highly enough and very much looking forward to returning at some point in hopefully the not too distant future.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MikeC295
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Me and my wife stayed here for 5 nights as part of our Honeymoon, and we were not disappointed.
We were upgraded to the Penthouse suite when we arrived, which made our stay that bit more special.

Alan and Heidi were very friendly who also had a wide range of knowledge about the island, which definitely helped us to explore.

The villa was immaculately clean in all rooms and also had a great media centre with hundreds of albums of music and films. But the best thing about the villa was the amazing views of Sairee beach and the wonderful sunsets whilst sat on the balcony, we will definitely miss them.

Alan and Heidi also offer free transfers to and from the main town and from the ferry port.

Date of stay: September 2012