“Outstanding property with views and hosts to match”
Review of Koh Tao Star Villa

Koh Tao Star Villa
“Outstanding property with views and hosts to match”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Ok from the moment I booked my accomodation everything was very professional.Alan and Heidi were quick to respond and confirm my booking.Closer to my arrival they were straight on the case in order to find out which ferry I was on so they could be there to greet and drive me back to the villa.Upon being met at the port with a big smile I was given the option to ride in the back of the suzuki jeep or sit in the cab, I of course opted for the open back standing holding the rollbar with Alan whilst Heidi cruised back to the pad.Let me tell you I was very impressed ! .I stayed in the penthouse which is the entire top level with a wrap round balcony with paranamic jungle and sea views.Inside it is equipped with everything including a library which is kind of in the loft area with stairs leading up to it.Also there is a fully kitted out kitchen and satellite tv with a media centre with untold selection of entertainment if you decide to stay in and make the most of it for a night.Walking down to sairee will take max 15 minutes but you will be offered transport to and from a couple of times a day along with a mobile phone should you need to contact Al and Heid at all, only time they ask not to is between 630pm-8pm obviously they need there chillout time too!.They also invite you to come along to dinner or drinks when they get out to socialise with there many friends on the island which gives you an intimate experience of island life amongst locals.They are a well respected couple so they have nice friends.Throughout my stay I was very plessed in the way they run there business and the way they treat there guests.I only had breakfast once which was absolutely fine, the reason for this was as I was out early doors to use the gym at the muay thai centre which I walked to that was at the bottom of the hill.At the end of my stay I was happily transported to the port.Ok this is the end of my review it is just my experience of my stay in the penthouse at star villa koh tao.From what I gather Alan and Heidi have made lots of genuine friends through the people that have passed through this place infact there was a lovely couple with a cute baby boy who were there same time as me.I wish you all the best Alan and Heidi and as discussed ill be back from maq !!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank pomac

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Finnish first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 21 April 2013

There is a beautifully island called Koh Tao, where is unique place, called Star Villas. We stayed in one of their lovely spacious apartments which had a plasma on the wall, dvd player and surround sound. The apartment was very clean and we felt like at home. The fridge was fully stocked with a variety of drinks which were reasonably cheap, compared to the usual mini bar prices.
Heidi and Alan showed us around and took us to a dinner and bowling.We are really glad we stayed with Heidi and Alan's and we are more than happy to give a "top" recommendations for "The place" in KohTao or even in Thailand.

Specially tenx to Alan, who helped us to find good "rent a motorbike" and helped us to have a complete mobility around the island.

Best wishes until next time, Damijan & Ana

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with a friend for 4 nights. We rented one of the one bedroom apartments. It is beautifully designed and furnished and comes with free wifi and a great tv/entertainment system. Alan and Heidi are wonderful hosts. It's very close to the main Sairee beach town area but you will need transport to and from the apartment. Alan and Heidi offer lifts back and forth during the day and getting a taxi is also easy.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed in Alan and Heidi's beautiful penthouse on our first trip to koh Tao and every trip after will be spent here. Unfortunately we only stayed for 3 nights and this was nowhere near long enough. If your thinking about staying here than look no further because you shall not find anywhere that comes close to the service you will receive here. As you have probably read in other reviews Alan and Heidi are lovely and offer a great service along with beautiful apartments and amazing view! We have recommended to friends and hopefully will be returning in the near future

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
brighton
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We have just left Koh Tao, satisfied that we did indeed find the best accommodation on the island! Heidi and Alan have created something so lovely, stylish and comfortable and nothing is too much trouble for them. If anyone has any doubts about the location, forget them! You will not have a more unique place to stay with views that are breathtaking! And Alan and Heidi provide transfers up and down the hill (and taxis are available) Everything they recommended to us proved just right, from the days we spent at Tanote Bay, snorkelling and relaxing, to the dive outfit, Roctopus, to the brilliant restaurant hints... our 5 days were perfect!! Thank you both. We hope that we can return in the not-so-distant future! Steve and I still haven't got over the pastry with candle for Steve's birthday, and our delicious cake for our anniversary... SO kind!!! You made these celebrations so much more special.
By the way, have a look at the website, it is informative and honest...and it was lovely to turn up and find everything looked exactly like the pics there! Rarely have i enjoyed spending time in our accommodation, rather than it just being a place to lay our heads.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Koh Tao star villa has an amazing view over the sea at sunset. The rooms are very clean, with nice design and lots of amenities (i.e. tv and films from all over the world). The hotel is situated on top of a hill so the beach is not immediately accessible, however Alan and Heidi generously provide 2 taxis a day to the beach. We had a really great stay and felt very welcome by Alan and Heidi who really go out of their way to make their guests feel at home.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody, and if we're lucky enough to return to koh Tao we will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I just spent a few nights with Alan and Heidi (March 2013) and can't wait for the next time I have a chance to do so again. The villa is immaculately kept, spacious, and with all the amenities you need. With the stunning view of the ocean overlooking Sairee beach, I had a hard time motivating myself to get off the porch and down to the beach, it would have been easy to just enjoy the view and quiet villa setting my entire time on the island. But what I appreciated most was Alan and Heidi's welcoming spirit and feeling like they were genuinely happy to have me as their guest. Riding around in the back of the truck pretending to be a local expat, talking about life on the island, and meeting some of their friends over a dinner out in the town really rounded out what will be an unforgettable experience. Thanks again Alan and Heidi. I hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo