Haadtien Beach Resort
  • Breakfast included
US$72
US$47
Agoda.com
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$63
US$112
US$83
Agoda.com
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$45
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$43
Priceline
Woodlawn Villas(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$37
Priceline
Aminjirah Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$54
Hotels.com
1,668 results
All reviewsbeach barcastaway villashark bayprivate beachmain restauranthaad tien beachamazing beachfree shuttlewhite sandday bedour honeymoonbeach frontpool villabeautiful baylow tideclear waterthai food
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Amazing place. very clean and neat. Service is great and people are so nice. Friendly atmosphere. Perfect place to chill out :) We loved the private beach and inSea beach bar. cheers!

Room Tip: Getaway villas are perfect for couples.. if you want something bigger go for a family villa
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pawel_and_gaya
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My wife and I recently spent two perfect weeks of our honeymoon at the Haad Tien. From the moment we arrived, to the moment we left, we couldn't have been happier with our surroundings and the way we were treated.

We stayed in one of the Castaway Family Beach Villas - blissfully close to the clear waters of the private beach, all necessary mod cons, serviced/cleaned each day, and a very effective air conditioning system.

The facilities at the resort were great - particularly the black infinity pool with views over the beach. And the beach bar, which served pretty good food and chilled drinks, was used often! Oh, getting a daily message is highly recommended - as is chartering a boat for a tour of the island and some snorkelling.

I should note that, whilst on Koh Tao, we had the opportunity to check out some of the other highly rated resorts on the island. In our opinion, the Haad Tien couldn't be beaten. In fact, we were only due to stay at the Haad Tien for one week, but quickly returned when we got to the second resort we had planned to stay at.

As is often the case, it was actually the staff that made our stay so enjoyable. They're a credit to the place. Always smiling, always helpful and friendly. Indeed, for our last night's stay, they arranged a candle-lit pathway from our villa to our own private table on the beach. Such a nice thing to do for us.

There really is much we'd suggest to improve the place. The wine is very expensive, but that's probably the same everywhere. And care should be taken not to build too many rooms/villas on the resort in the future. Right now, it feels perfectly secluded and private, whilst having everything to hand if you need or want it. They should keep it that way!

Room Tip: We booked really early and managed to get a good discount as a result.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Travel a ton, been to Asia a few times, spent 15 years in Hotel Management, travel a bunch for work. I know service and I appreciate it when I get it. I got it here. After the overnight train/Ferry from Bangkok to Ko Tao (Canary Travel near Ko San Road for $50) I was tired at arrival. The driver was waiting for me with my name on the board. I was whisked up to the property, which is a few miles out of town off a dirt road. Just look at the pictures to see what greeted me.

Ko Tao is Scuba central and that is why I was here. I decided to splurge and drop $80US a night vs the hotels in town. Hotel runs shuttles to town a few times a day, but it is not super convenient (for me at least as I like to work on my schedule not someone else’s). I would not have wanted to do this for 4 days (cabs are $10 each way).

If you want lively in town this is not your hotel. This is more a relax and take a deep breath, an enclave to read and play in the water. This is exactly what I wanted and I found it here. I did see some families, but it certainly is not overrun with kids at the pool.

SCOOTER: Yet it did not matter I went to town and rented a scooter for $6US a day. Problem solved! Bring passport to rent scooter, get a good one with good tires (see picture), personally I videoed the condition of the bike first to avoid any rumored “damage charges”. The place I rented from has no name I could see. Hotel shuttle drops you off at bank in town, about three doors down on the right as you walk towards the water on the corner of a little alley is the shop I rented from.

ROOMS: Clean with good A/C. Phone, No TV, Wireless (but I hear some rooms connect better than others), outside deck, fridge, nice towels.

FOOD: Breakfast was included and had nice options of fruit, eggs, Thai food, coffee, juice. I had dinner there it was solid, but pricey compared to town, same theory applies to Beach Bar drinks. Once again Expensive by Thai standards, cheap by US standards

GROUNDS: Private beach, infinity pool, ideal setting, clean (although they could clean up the road leading to the resort and from the gate to the hotel (ie better curb appeal on approach)). Pretty sweet.

STAFF: friendly and helpful

OTHER: 2 lobby computers, free shuttle, kayak rental, spa available, free snorkel gear. Beach water is shallow and does have lots of coral – not perfect (swim shoes would be good)

With 4 days I am not sure I need to go back to

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ThankYouMrMiner
Reviewed 27 July 2011

A wonderful location for a hotel. The staff are warm and friendly and welcoming. The beach is by far the best on the island and the accommodation is excellent. Snorkelling is excellent and the pool and beach bar are delightful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Getting to the hotel is a trip on itself but you'll be rewarded by the best views, friendly staff, nice restaurante and all the peace you can want. The rooms on the sand are just speteacular!

This place is unforgetably good!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple