This hotel is located on a secluded beach on the East side of Ko Tao. it has only been in operation for 1 year and its facilities and rooms are new and modern. The staff are amazing, friendly and will do everything to make your stay convenient. You should try to get to know them in person as they will be more than happy to do so. The hotel is a perfect stay for a classic beach resort, away from the hustle and bustle and with romantic touch. I loved our stay there and think that I would come here again, but some things would have to change. As there is a lot of competition in the area and lots of new development.
There are however a few things that could be improved to make this hotel worth the 3500 - 6000 BHT per room rates at peak season. This is quite a high price to pay for the service offered:
1. Shuttles to the main town (Sairee/ Mai Haad): The hotel is 2.5 km from the Pier town and 4 km from Sairee village. There are only 3 scheduled one way shuttles daily for free from the hotel to the Pier and all other transportation, including return to the hotel or transport to Sairee are very expensive at 100 - 200 Bht per person. If you wish to go to town at any time, you need a taxi. It is not walking distance anywhere near..except the 1 km haul across the ridge to the nearby main road. I think they need to offer free shuttles back and forth from Sairee 4 times a day. This is the minimum they could do at the price of hotel rooms they are seeking. It is also a common practice to top hotels.
2. Big issue: the beach is beautiful. However, during the day boats of all types come to drop off and pick up people from the swimming beach!! this does not only destroy the peace and tranquility, ruin the sea with oil, but is also dangerous! I was almost run over by a long tail boat and another little girl was literally saved at the last minute. There is an area for boats at the north end of the beach, but the skippers could not care less and the tourists demand to be dropped off at the beach bar...which is in the swimming area. This would be the one reason I would not come here again. I complained to the management and they said that they try to do something about it. But it is a small bay with a short beach and the only thing they can do is put a line across the central and south side of the bay to prevent boats from getting close to the beach. This is what is done in other small bays in Ko Tao. 1/3 north part can be left for boats.
3. Meals and prices at the restaurant: There is only one restaurant at the hotel that serves both the beach and the lunches and dinners. The food is not bad and they will also go out of their way to make dishes you like, but are not on the menu. However, you have no other options for dining except taking a shuttle out. They monopoly price the dishes, making it an average meal of 15-20 usd per person if you include drinks. At the same time there are no hawkers allowed to wonder the beach during the day to offer snacks and other quick bytes. Making your only option the hotel restaurant. When you are a number of families with many kids, this is annoying and expensive. It would be nice if they had another food outlet with cheaper local food (1/2 price of restaurant) for those who do not prefer a sit down menu. One alternative is to walk up the north hill and eat at the eagle view restaurant which is slightly cheaper.
4. And forget about high speed internet. There is internet sometimes. sometimes not. But that is ok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HaadtienBeach Resort is a boutique destination set in a stunning backdrop of beachfront panoramas, featuring its own 380 metre secluded beach situated at the southern tip of Koh Tao. The property contains 70 private villas thoughtfully spaced amongst over 45 acres of land, which features a stunning natural bay, perfect for swimming and snorkeling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Sawasdee, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Haadtien Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Haad Tien Beach Hotel Koh Tao