Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
rowedmorris
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sort that wifi!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Aug 2016via mobile
Was trying to do it on a budget and got the basic fanroom for 900 baht between 2 of us. Pool is a nice bonus and it's right on the beach so no complaints there!
The wifi was very patchy meaning we had to go to the office whenever we had to look anything up which was quite annoying. Breakfast was poor to average but free for us.
Bar and food area good value
£46
Restaurant
    £61
    £72
View more hotels in Koh Tao
All reviews beach front swim up bar dive school sunset earplugs sairee
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

It is unbelievable that it exists places like wind beach resort. If you want to relax this is not your hotel, but if you want workers from 7:30 to 18:00 building unstoppable, music so loud from 18:00 until 2:00, diving companies down the bedrooms from 6:00 making noise, shouting, etc. then this is your place. Nobody respects anything in this island.
Also, you will pay for free wifi that you will never use as it doesn't work. Bedrooms are terribly rubbish and dirty. (See the picture). The word resort means relax, good facilities and respect. If you would like to visit Koh Tao (place that I wouldn't recommend anyone), I'm sure you can find a better place.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

The room I stayed in was vile. Yes, I asked for a fan room (their cheapest option) but no one should have to stay in a room that bad.

I normally read reviews and think 'can't be that bad, you're only in the room to sleep etc. I was wrong.

When I checked the room on quick first inspection it looked OK...however...

You had to sleep at the opposite end of the bed for the fan to barely reach you.

I had to use the base sheet off the spare bed as a cover (to stop mosquitos) as the cover they provided where basically towels.

There was constant building near the room from like 7.30 am.

I understand you cannot put toilet paper in the toilet but the bin lid was so rancid I'm sure it's what gave me a serious stomach upset the day I checked out early and moved to a new hotel.

However this could have also been due to when I opened the back door to the room to try and make a breeze the room backed into an open sewer.

Vile.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

Ended up here after a cock up with my actual booked accommodation. The staff were very friendly and helpful and sorted me out with a room but it was quite expensive.

The rooms are large and well furnished and the location is great (near a 7/11 and also on the beach). The resort itself is huge and spans all the way from the main road to the beach. There is a bar and restaurant at the end of the resort on the beach, not sure what the food in general is like but the breakfast isn't much to shout about.

There is quite a lot of building work taking place but this is during the day only so didn't affect me at all as I was diving every day.

There was a day when the water was off completely so I couldn't shower, wash or even flush the toilet. A couple were arguing with the staff when I checked out about this but they were refused any kind of compensation so I didn't even bother to ask.

One of the days when the water was on it came out like brown sludge, it looked like coffee :S

Not that it's really needed but the TV also had spells of being on and off in terms of reception.

Depending on where you are in the resort it is quite noisy, I was near the beach so had music and shouting from the bar every night until the early hours.

I never used the pool but it was quite small given the size of the resort, I've been in Villas with bigger pools.

The beds were incredibly hard and not very comfortable.

There was a free taxi service to the pier at the end of the stay.

All in all, not bad but overpriced I would say.

Room tip: Try and get a room away from the restaurant and bar and the main road to avoid the noise, basically somewhere in the middle.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Phi11thy
Reviewed 13 August 2016

Arrived to the port in Koh Tao and the hotel had a pick up service free of charge which we didn't even know about until we got there! Room was really nice and clean- we stayed in one beside the reception which we believe was a lot quieter at night than the rest. The food in the restaurant was gorgeous and to make it better Roctopus dive is on the grounds which is brilliant for divers, and the beach is right on your doorstep. Would of loved to stay for longer (we stayed 3 nights). Perfect for families or couples.

Room tip: Ask for room near reception instead of beside beach
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

We booked to stay for 4 days but checked out after 2 unfortunately.

The rooms are nice - basic but well presented with a balcony that sits nicely amongst the trees.

However, the hotel is undergoing building work so it's none too pretty and building work starts at 8am so there's no sleeping in.

The hotel is popular with divers so if you're going to join the dive there you're in luck. However if you're not then you can feel a little in the way.

There's a nice little pool with a pool bar that opens later but there's only 5 beds around it so we and many others weren't able to get near as there's no other space around it.

Swimming in the sea near the hotel is out as the tide is out until night and the longboats are anchored there. The beach further around is a little better.

At night, the music is loud and goes on until late so if that's not your thing in the early hours (and it wasn't ours) book somewhere else.

The general area of Sairee beach is buzzing and there's a good range of restaurants and a few shops etc so if you fancy being in the buzz but with the chance to sleep at night perhaps book somewhere different on Sairee beach. If you prefer to see the beauty of Kao Tao and enjoy the tranquility it can offer whilst still being able to eat nice food, head south to Chalok instead.