Lowest prices for your stay
£57
Easy and fast booking
Karl T

Pretty standard, fairly noisy

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 May 2017via mobile
I've stayed here twice now and it's not a bad resort, I stayed in a fan room which was a little on the hot side, WiFi was poor but it's not the end of the world. Room was clean but could of had tea and coffee facilities. After about 7pm the party starts and can be loud if you want to sleep early, but most of the time is was in the party. All round not bad, probably would stay again.
Date of stay: May 2017
    £161
    £101
    £148
View more hotels in Koh Tao
All reviews beach front swim up bar dive school sunset earplugs sairee
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

I have rather a mixed review on this hotel. I am bearing in mind it is in Koh Tao so was not expecting the Ritz and my rating would have been a lot lower in another country.

So I stayed in a superior room for just over a week. It is very basic so not sure what a standard room is like but it is clean. They do not come and clean your room everyday and thanks to a review I read on here I learnt that if I wanted my room cleaned I had to leave my key at reception in the morning. In some ways it's nice to know that you won't be disturbed but would be nice to perhaps have your towels changed and toilet rolls replenished every few days without having to go and ask yourself. There is a safe in the room which is good as well as a fridge and kettle and the aircon is very good. The negatives of the room are the lights go out when you leave room (key needed to be out into a slot to turn on electrics). That is fine but at night it is really dark trying to get your key in. The door did not close fully leaving a gap that pesky Mosquitos get through! There is a massive shower head but that is just for show only the small hand held shower head is operational. The worse thing about the room though is the smell from the drains which sometimes is so strong it makes you want to wretch. Being on the ground floor and having no windows you just have to learn to live with it. I do not know how common this is in Koh Tao in general but something to look out for.

As for the resort. Loved the staff at the restaurant who were so kind and attentive and the food is above average. Breakfast is buffet style with cereal toast fruit a few hot options and eggs made as you want. Great views over the beach. The ladies at the spa are lovely too and make you feel very welcome. The laundry service is very good and again the lady there is really nice and friendly.

Reception is helpful but on arrival they spoke very fast and there was too much information to take in. It felt like a sales pitch as she went on about trips or something. After 26 hours travelling I just want to go to my room and shower not be bombarded with sales talk.

The pool area is nice and has a few Sunbeds. There was only one day when I couldn't get a lounger. Just be careful in the mornings as it is not always clear of beer bottles and caps and you don't want to tread on them. The dive school do use the pool too but it is not an issue as I enjoyed watching the lessons. I would like to see loungers on the beach too. There are seats in the restaurant overlooking the beach but no loungers.

You can get a late checkout from 10.30am to 2pm. I did think paying half a days rate was a bit steep though for an extra 3.5 hours but they know you'll pay it just to use the shower before you go. Free shuttle to and ferry also a great bonus. I didn't know this was included when I arrived so paid for a taxi so look out for the hotel sign when you get off the ferry.

I will address the noise as you can't escape it. At night it is loud and goes on until 1-2am. It is annoying in that you actually here two different styles from different locations. I read the reviews about this so was not a surprise to me and I just put my mediation music on and went to sleep. If you are a really light sleeper you need to stay somewhere away from the bars as you cannot escape it and the hotel cannot stop it. One light outside of my window was more disturbing and the curtains need to be doubled up to stop it glowing through.

Would I stay here again? Yes. As I say it is clean and it has what you need from a room but I would ask to go upstairs to get away from the drains. You can't beat the location with the beach shops and restaurants a few steps away. All in all the staff made me feel so welcome it was worth some of the negatives.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2017

The only reason I did not give this hotel 5 stars is because starting at 7pm the beach parties start and the music gets loud! It goes until about 2am. But lkuckily I can sleep through anything.

The hotel itself was very nice and very reasonable priced!

Room - Clean, Bed was comfortable for Thailand. We had a top floor room with an open sky shower that was amazing! Good Water pressure and temp. Good Mini Bar selection of beer, soda and gatorade and a cheap price. NOTE that they will only clean your room and fill the mini bar if you leave them your key in the morning.

Pool - Big and clean fun pool with a swim up bar with stools.

Restaurant - Clean restaurant with good food! Food can be added to your room. Continental breakfast was good with a good variety of food.

Front Desk/Staff - Very helpful staff! Helped us with ferry scheduling and excursions. No penalty to check out early!

Beach - Beach is very centrally located. Fire dancers at night with lots of happy hour drink offers everywhere. Absolutely perfect spot to watch the sunset!

I highly recommend this Hotel for single people or couples. Not the best for families due to the nightime party scene.

Also the hotel is in a great location to shops and restaurants! Plus has a nice reasonably priced massage place right by the pool!

Room tip: Top floor!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Hotels as a rule of thumb offer you shelter from the elements, an area to wash, and somewhere to sleep.

And whilst I am in a room with four walls, a roof and a shower I am unable to sleep.

You may be wondering why ? Well it's the 2 nightclubs at either end of the hotel that no one bothered to mention upon check in.

The nightclub that currently has 3 travelling visitors in there as it blares out the worst kind of techno garbage until gone 2 am and blares it with such power that despite being 50 foot away I can feel the base from every thunderous and terrible sounding line that it offers.

If you want to party and fall in to your room at 0500 then this is the hotel for you. However, if you're not part of the backpacking / partying community and not here to party like you're 18 stay elsewhere.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night and would have gone mad if I stayed any longer.

I'm all for partying but the hotels location is next to a bar that played the same drum and bass song on repeate so loudly and long into the night it was impossible to sleep. The worst was that there was no one even in the bar!

The hotel in general was ok. The staff were nice and rooms were clean but shame about the bar next door.

Not what we wanted from a relaxing experience on koh tao.

Don't stay here if you have children or want to relax and sleep at night.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Walking along the beach and popped into this restaurant. Beautiful ocean view. Open style restaurant. Can sit in the sun on bean bags or tables in the shade. Food came hot the quick. Nice spot. Clean. Friendly staff.

Date of stay: March 2017