“Nice hotel, in the heart of Sairee Beach.”

Koh Tao Simple Life Resort
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel in mid of Oct. for my scuba course. The hotel offered us an upgrade for standard to standard boutique, which we very please with that offered. The price was reasonable, located in the heart of Sairee Beach very easy to get around, very closed to 7 Eleven, and many restaurants around. The room was very nice and quite new. We would stay there again when we planned to go to Koh Tao.

Room Tip: Standard boutique was nice and new.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank yaithailand

Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

Free of charge they picked us Up from the ferry (and returned us again at the end of our stay)
Location: In the heart of Sairee Village, set back about 2 mins from the beach. Perfectly located - close to the action (shops, restaurants, bars and sunset views etc) although far enough away not to be disturbed.
Rooms: Spacious and clean. Great air conditioning, comfy and big bed, large bathroom and a nice terrace. Mini bar, English tv, wifi etc all included as standard.
Staff: Very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Helped arrange ferry's, transfers, snorkelling trips etc.
other: lovely clean pool, good for some afternoon sunbathing!
This is the second time that I have stayed at The Simple Life hotel and I can whole heatedly recommend that you stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 21 October 2012

LOCATION: 5 mins walk to Sairee beach, on road through Sairee village. The Simple Life dive shop is located elsewhere.

FACILITIES: Standard AC room. From entering, it was evident that the room was unacceptably dirty, with an even dirtier bathroom. At check-in, an existing guest was complaining that their room was filthy. There was dirt and hair on many surfaces, with the complimentary toiletries strewn untidily, and the toilet seat being badly stained. Even allowing for the fact that many places on the island can be fairly rudimentary (which is fine), this place was just not clean by any standard. I stayed for one night, as I was exhausted, and spent the rest of the day finding better accommodation and a dive school. The room had poor lighting throughout, with the bathroom having a very dank feel. The bed was comfortable, the AC worked well, and the service at reception was attentive.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel. For the price (for Thailand) the offering was very poor, even allowing for the more laid back ambiance on Tao. I see that many other reviews are complimentary, so I may have had a bad experience, but I would really recommend viewing what you are getting before committing to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

We have visited koh Tao 4 times now and always wanted to stay at this resort.

As it is low season on koh Tao end of September till early December, we were able to negotiate a really good price on the room 1,100bhat normally 2,450 bhat.

We were very impressed with our standard boutique room it had all we needed massive bed nice bathroom, cable tv and a mini bar and A/C great. There was even wifi around the whole complex so we never lost signal great for browsing the web and skyping and checking emails.

The pool was great and one of our main reasons for booking as we had the option of beach or pool.

Our price didn't include breakfast as we are not early risers or care really for breakfast so were able to knock it off the price but there is the option if you want it. On check in we were also given a welcome drinks voucher and discount for different dishes in the restaurant on different nights.

All the staff are super friendly and all say hello and acknowledge you which I think was nice and added a personal touch to the stay.

This resort was perfect for us at the right price, during peak season I would begrudge paying the price hike as I think it's a little too expensive 2,450 during peak season but all in all and awesome little resort close to everything.

Wes and rach

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank bagpuss24
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Booked a standard boutique room for a week in July, the room was large, recently decorated and with good A/C [no A/C in bathroom]. The room is located well away from bar/street noise so sleep quality was good. Reasonable wifi in the room and well maintained with good daily service.
Good clean swimming pool and hotel grounds, staff helpful and breakfast good in open air bar.
Location is great at the top of main street in Sairee, only 2 mins to main bars, restaurants and 5 mins to beach, also free pick up transfer was a nice surprise so an enjoyable stay and recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eddie05150
Reviewed 6 October 2012

This was my second holiday at Simple Life. If you want big, clean, cool rooms, this is the place. I stayed in a 'superior' so was on the second floor, overlooking the pool and a coconut grove. I looked at quite a few other places while I was on Koh Tao and am still convinced that Simple Life offers the best value and nicest rooms in Sairee village. It's not on the beach (five minute walk), but I really didn't fancy staying in the beach bungalows (mosquitoes and too much noise from motorbikes). The free wifi in the rooms and restaurant is very useful, as is the fridge in the room and the air conditioning is a life saver. But most of all, it is the warmth of the staff that will no doubt bring me back again next year. From the lovely receptionists, to the waiters and cooks in the restaurant and of course my friend Neung (former masseur), the staff couldn't do enough to make me feel welcome and it was a real wrench to have to leave them.

Room Tip: Superior rooms overlooking the pool are great. You may get better wifi closer to the router, so if...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I arrived solo in koh tao this august, what a great place to stay, the rooms are clean, you have plenty of nearby restaurant to eat, night life is accessible, and the rooms are very quiet at night,
I would recommend to a friend to stay there for sure, koh tao is a GREAT island to spent a week of relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo