“Good location, clean rooms, nice service”

Koh Tao Simple Life Resort
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Rooms were OK, we upgraded to the deluxe room and the balcony was nice. Not what you'd get in a 4 star resort, but the room and the bathroom were clean and spacious. The breakfast was not good, but the staff at the hotel was excellent and the location was phenomenal tons of great restaurants in walking distance and just short hop to the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a high up room. Also upgrade.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This place is perfect to stay. The rooms are large and bathroom is great, although you the walls are quite thin.

It is in the perfect location, you step outside and you are in the main part of Swairee beach, surrounded by restaurants, shops and spas. The beach is only a two minute walk.

You can leave your key at the 24 hour reception. Book ferry tickets. And they provide ferry transfers to and from free of charge.

I definitely recommend this place and will most definitely stay here again when I return to this amazing island filled with so much to do.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great location on the main road at Sairee beach. About a minute walk down to the beach. I took the basic a/c rooms right at the front near the restaurant. The rooms were very spacious, neat, clean, comfortable and very well maintained. Big enough bathroom.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. I'm not sure why Ive read reviews stating the opposite but I interacted with them everyday and they were very polite and helpful with directions, ferry bookings, late checkouts etc. Room was cleaned everyday. The breakfast was good- lots of fruit, meat and cereal.

Lots of restaurants and bars walking distance. Not too noisy at night- enough of a distance away from the night parties to get a good nights sleep if your diving early. Laundry and motorcycle rental right outside. And, very importantly, right across the road from the 24 hour 7/11 shop. Perfect for those midnight ice cream or pot of noodles cravings

Would I stay here again? Frankly, next time I'd like to get something right on the beach. And if you are looking for something 'Thai style', ie a boutique cottage on stilts, this isnt it. Its a very 'western' city type of property. An excellent excellent property by any standard though not very 'islandy'.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2014

So after travelling in Thailand and booking hotels as we go, I've had no problem thus far (firstly because its quiet season and secondly because all the staff I have encountered were more than happy to help).

After booking our room through booking.com we arrived at the hotel and the receptionist staff were rude and stated that they had not received the "fax" confirmation of our reservation. Now lets be honest I've seen more wifi available in Thailand than in Sydney so I think it's safe to say that the reservation would have come via email. After this confusion (by that i mean checking their emails and printing the reservation) I was told to pay and also give 1000 baht key deposit (no receipt).

Once we stepped out of reception and into our room we realised it was a double bed instead of two singles (but apparently we never asked for 2 singles).

So after going for a walk i came back and felt like making a cup of tea and noticed there wasn't a kettle insight although our hotel directory/information booklet clearly stated "kettle and coffee maker" to be provided in the room. Then I went to call reception and what do you know there's no phone in here either! So I walk to reception and ask why we don't have these items and apparently we checked in too late that we are not allowed those items? (I was actually speechless) shouldn't those items be in the room regardless? And what are we actually being punished for when we checked in? Their response "well you can hire it for 100 baht each"...
I held my tongue and walked away but really? I have never heard of anything so ridiculous!! What if there was an emergency or someone strange hanging around our room (we are two girls) and we couldn't call anyone? They really put the meaning in "The Simple Life".

Not to be a drama queen as I see myself as being pretty flexible with accommodation but service is a must. Coming from an Asian background it's quite disgusting to see the way we were treated and expected more after reading great reviews on this place.

I'm sad to say I was looking forward to staying in Koh Tao but will not be enjoying the next few nights at this hotel -.-

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank BeehKaeSYD
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Perfectly located - a walk from the beach, room was fantastic (we had the upgraded room) with lovely balcony.

After being in the hustle and bustle of samui it was a welcome relief to get to Koh Tao.

The room was lovely, very clean and the pool was sooooo hot. We went for cocktails at simple life a few nights and they done fantastic margarita's. I would definately stay here again - I also cant thank the staff enough - the girls on the reception were absolutely brilliant and would do anything to get you sorted.

Brilliant !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Nice place! Good clean rooms, aircondition and wifi works, breakfast is nice. Staff is super friendly and helpfull. Good location as well. Bit of noise from the bar, but that is almost imposible to avoid that close to the center and the beach. Would stay again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the superior room as most of the rooms were booked and we had arrived last minute. It cost a little bit more than we had planned on spending however the room was gorgeous. Huge comfy bed and huge shower room. It was simply stunning.
The location was pretty much perfect. A 5 minute walk to the beach and an abundance of restaurants close by.
The hotels restaurant is a must try for happy hour cocktails and dinner! Great value. We had a great stay! Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple