“5 stars to Simple Life”

Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“5 stars to Simple Life”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed 10 days at simple life resort with my husband and 10 year old daughter. We loved it. Big room, very clean, excellent staff. Anything we needed from scooters to bookings the receptionist always helped us with a smile. Breakfast was also perfect. Great hotel, recommend it to all.

Anything negative about our stay? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Room Tip: Deluxe room for longer stay
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ingrid B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Saint-Cergue, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed here with my cousin in January 2014 and we were both delighted with the hotel. We had two huge comfort rooms, with beds big enough for a whole family (!), a lovely little balcony where one could sit and have a view of the swimming pool, a huge bathroom with walkin shower, a couch and coffee table, a desk area for working, enough towels for the whole family, TV, wireless, nothing was missing. The personnel at the hotel were cheerful and helpful. When I saw something was amiss in the room, it was repaired immediately. The swimming pool furniture has seen better days so I hope that they will upgrade this next year. The breakfast was okay, but not fantastic. Nothing but coffee or black tea was available in terms of hot beverages.
All in all, we are very happy with our stay there and would return!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Seren_dipity10000
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Rooms were OK, we upgraded to the deluxe room and the balcony was nice. Not what you'd get in a 4 star resort, but the room and the bathroom were clean and spacious. The breakfast was not good, but the staff at the hotel was excellent and the location was phenomenal tons of great restaurants in walking distance and just short hop to the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a high up room. Also upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This place is perfect to stay. The rooms are large and bathroom is great, although you the walls are quite thin.

It is in the perfect location, you step outside and you are in the main part of Swairee beach, surrounded by restaurants, shops and spas. The beach is only a two minute walk.

You can leave your key at the 24 hour reception. Book ferry tickets. And they provide ferry transfers to and from free of charge.

I definitely recommend this place and will most definitely stay here again when I return to this amazing island filled with so much to do.

Stayed July 2014
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great location on the main road at Sairee beach. About a minute walk down to the beach. I took the basic a/c rooms right at the front near the restaurant. The rooms were very spacious, neat, clean, comfortable and very well maintained. Big enough bathroom.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. I'm not sure why Ive read reviews stating the opposite but I interacted with them everyday and they were very polite and helpful with directions, ferry bookings, late checkouts etc. Room was cleaned everyday. The breakfast was good- lots of fruit, meat and cereal.

Lots of restaurants and bars walking distance. Not too noisy at night- enough of a distance away from the night parties to get a good nights sleep if your diving early. Laundry and motorcycle rental right outside. And, very importantly, right across the road from the 24 hour 7/11 shop. Perfect for those midnight ice cream or pot of noodles cravings

Would I stay here again? Frankly, next time I'd like to get something right on the beach. And if you are looking for something 'Thai style', ie a boutique cottage on stilts, this isnt it. Its a very 'western' city type of property. An excellent excellent property by any standard though not very 'islandy'.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

So after travelling in Thailand and booking hotels as we go, I've had no problem thus far (firstly because its quiet season and secondly because all the staff I have encountered were more than happy to help).

After booking our room through booking.com we arrived at the hotel and the receptionist staff were rude and stated that they had not received the "fax" confirmation of our reservation. Now lets be honest I've seen more wifi available in Thailand than in Sydney so I think it's safe to say that the reservation would have come via email. After this confusion (by that i mean checking their emails and printing the reservation) I was told to pay and also give 1000 baht key deposit (no receipt).

Once we stepped out of reception and into our room we realised it was a double bed instead of two singles (but apparently we never asked for 2 singles).

So after going for a walk i came back and felt like making a cup of tea and noticed there wasn't a kettle insight although our hotel directory/information booklet clearly stated "kettle and coffee maker" to be provided in the room. Then I went to call reception and what do you know there's no phone in here either! So I walk to reception and ask why we don't have these items and apparently we checked in too late that we are not allowed those items? (I was actually speechless) shouldn't those items be in the room regardless? And what are we actually being punished for when we checked in? Their response "well you can hire it for 100 baht each"...
I held my tongue and walked away but really? I have never heard of anything so ridiculous!! What if there was an emergency or someone strange hanging around our room (we are two girls) and we couldn't call anyone? They really put the meaning in "The Simple Life".

Not to be a drama queen as I see myself as being pretty flexible with accommodation but service is a must. Coming from an Asian background it's quite disgusting to see the way we were treated and expected more after reading great reviews on this place.

I'm sad to say I was looking forward to staying in Koh Tao but will not be enjoying the next few nights at this hotel -.-

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank BeehKaeSYD
london
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Perfectly located - a walk from the beach, room was fantastic (we had the upgraded room) with lovely balcony.

After being in the hustle and bustle of samui it was a welcome relief to get to Koh Tao.

The room was lovely, very clean and the pool was sooooo hot. We went for cocktails at simple life a few nights and they done fantastic margarita's. I would definately stay here again - I also cant thank the staff enough - the girls on the reception were absolutely brilliant and would do anything to get you sorted.

Brilliant !