“Worst mexican ever”

Description: El Gringo, Ko Tao - Mexican Restaurant
Description: El Gringo, Ko Tao - Mexican Restaurant
“Worst mexican ever”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

As above. Really disappointing everything we ordered. Wish I had read reviews before dining here. Horrifically overpriced for what it was. No guacamole available apparently however we saw avacadoes at several places on the way home. Table next to us complained about the stingy serving of chips that came with their burgers and were told they had run out of chips. Basically do not eat here

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cheap, but good food and service!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

This place quickly became my favorite restaurant! First of all they have the "Hangover breakfast", which is basically English breakfast for 80 bath, which is the absolute cheapest we found anywhere! Even though the bacon in the breakfast is not the best, the breakfast is quite good! O had a lot of other food there also and all of it is nice and cheap. One day I experienced that my bread had mold on it, but I got a new one without complaint. The staff is polite which I think is rare for Thailand.

Airlie Beach, Australia
“Avoid”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Went on a Monday night, poor atmosphere. Ordering was difficult as there were many things unavailable (no guacamole in a Mexican restaurant!!!) with the entire specials menu not for order. My friend ordered fish and got chicken however trying to order was so difficult that we didn't try to change it.
After dinner whilst enjoying a drink the restauranteur sent his 3 year old daughter over to tell us she was tired and wanted to go to bed!!
In summary poor service, average food and many better options in the area

• Visited April 2014
Hua Hin, Thailand
“Food and Service Were "Just Okay"”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Note: watch out for ingredients in your meal that weren't mentioned on the menu! In our three dishes we ordered, there were two major ingredients that were complete surprises.

I enjoyed my appetiser, but I should've stopped there. My chimichanga was so chock full of kidney beans, it tasted more like a bowl of chill than a chimichanga. Not happy. The prices are too high to be using a cheap filler instead of the proper ingredients!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank millerkelseya
London, United Kingdom
“Bad”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Went there for lunch and had a vegetable burrito. Was probably the worst I have ever had. Maybe we should all stick to thai food when in Thailand. My girlfriend had a green curry which was nice. But I rate if low because it's a Mexican restaurant and they don't get the Mexican side of it right!