“Tom & Fiona, absolutely amazing! couldnt of asked for more”

Carabao Diving Center
Try Scuba Diving in Koh Tao with Transfer
Ranked #41 of 98 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Carabao Dive Resort is a pioneer of Koh Tao diving. Offering a relaxed style and small groups, in the beautiful bay of Chalok. Direction to our diving boat in front of our Hotel beach We speak and teach in English, French, German and Spanish.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We just completed our s.s.i open water course and had an amazing time snd experience! Cant express enough gratitude to our fantastic tutor xavier for making the experience such q fun and relaxed one, and our theory tutor dan. Xavier was Always so patient and explained everything clearly and precisely, whilst also making it really really fun at same time. Always felt at ease and safe whilst diving with him. Would reccomend anyone to carabao but also for xavier! Thankyou so much for the experience, mercy beacoup xavier!

There are newer reviews for Carabao Diving Center

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

The accommodation was rather basic, there was a fan rather than air con and the sheets felt oily on the bed as previously mentioned in another review?! The toilet door didn't close properly and overall the room was a little dated. It was set over looking a lovely beach and had a couple of restaurants nearby- but not many. We didn't dive so there wasn't much to do there apart from sunbathing. If I went to koh Tao again.. I'd stay elsewhere. The receptionist for bookings could be quite abrupt at times to which made us feel awkward!

Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

My friend and I got our certificates for open water dive at Carabao with instructor Marco and dive master Guillaume and it was brilliant. I wasnt at ease with the concept at first, and on my second dive I had a moment of panic under water, and i must say it was controlled by my instructor with such professionalism that i had no problem returning in the minutes that followed. Marco was calm, patient and confident and made us both feel at ease and in good hands. The equipment was new and they make sure to give you the proper equipment suited for you. The training from the video to the last dive was well organized and informative. For someone that was nervous and unsure at the beginning, I cannot have asked for a better team, and im very grateful for the support! Merci Marco et Guillaume. Merci Carabao!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

First of all I wanna thanks Marco, our instructor and Guillaume. Me and my friend took the open water course in french. From the beginning we feel in trust with the professionalism of Marco. He's really passionate about diving and that makes the difference.

It's a small school that really feels like a family. Small group so you can make most of it. The equipment was all mostly new. Few people complains about not wanting to study during vacation... But the information given was really interesting, and once in the water it was all worth it ! I 100% recommend Carabao.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Carabao diving school is a good one. The instructors are friendly, experienced and knowledgeable. All the safety stuff was well explained and the dive was amazing. Koh Tao really does have beautiful dive sites.

The accommodation linked to the dive school is less good. The rooms are basic and seemed clean. I don't know whether there is a specific problem with the water on the island but the water in the bathroom was an off-clear colour and the toilet was very stained. The bed sheets also seemed greasy? The hotel owner was only sporadically helpful when I had issues.

The bar next to Carabao is cool although it is situated on the quieter side of the Island with no real beach. Taxis to the livelier side of the island are around 100Bhat per person (400Bhat minimum).