“Excellente diving center”

Carabao Dive Resort
Ranked #36 of 90 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Carabao is one of the first dive centers that opened on Koh Tao. It's a medium sized scuba school with small groups and a great atmosphere. We speak and teach in English, French, Dutch, German and Spanish.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellente diving center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

My friend and I learnt how to dive in Carabao and it was a really great experience.
This diving center was recommended to us by a friend who also loved it.

The organisation and logistic is great, my dive master was awesome too. We learnt how to dive with a strong feeling of security and in the meantime with lots of pleasure!

Carabao have 3 boats in really great shape like all the diving equipment. The location is perfect and we could go to different diving spot very fast.

If you are french, many teachers are too and teach in french of course.

Visited February 2014

• Polish first
Wales, United Kingdom
“Tom & Fiona, absolutely amazing! couldnt of asked for more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

We just completed our s.s.i open water course and had an amazing time snd experience! Cant express enough gratitude to our fantastic tutor xavier for making the experience such q fun and relaxed one, and our theory tutor dan. Xavier was Always so patient and explained everything clearly and precisely, whilst also making it really really fun at same time. Always felt at ease and safe whilst diving with him. Would reccomend anyone to carabao but also for xavier! Thankyou so much for the experience, mercy beacoup xavier!

Visited January 2014
Devon, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Basic accommodation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

The accommodation was rather basic, there was a fan rather than air con and the sheets felt oily on the bed as previously mentioned in another review?! The toilet door didn't close properly and overall the room was a little dated. It was set over looking a lovely beach and had a couple of restaurants nearby- but not many. We didn't dive so there wasn't much to do there apart from sunbathing. If I went to koh Tao again.. I'd stay elsewhere. The receptionist for bookings could be quite abrupt at times to which made us feel awkward!

Visited January 2014
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Couldnt have asked for better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

My friend and I got our certificates for open water dive at Carabao with instructor Marco and dive master Guillaume and it was brilliant. I wasnt at ease with the concept at first, and on my second dive I had a moment of panic under water, and i must say it was controlled by my instructor with such professionalism that i had no problem returning in the minutes that followed. Marco was calm, patient and confident and made us both feel at ease and in good hands. The equipment was new and they make sure to give you the proper equipment suited for you. The training from the video to the last dive was well organized and informative. For someone that was nervous and unsure at the beginning, I cannot have asked for a better team, and im very grateful for the support! Merci Marco et Guillaume. Merci Carabao!

Visited November 2013
“Awesome Experience !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

First of all I wanna thanks Marco, our instructor and Guillaume. Me and my friend took the open water course in french. From the beginning we feel in trust with the professionalism of Marco. He's really passionate about diving and that makes the difference.

It's a small school that really feels like a family. Small group so you can make most of it. The equipment was all mostly new. Few people complains about not wanting to study during vacation... But the information given was really interesting, and once in the water it was all worth it ! I 100% recommend Carabao.

Visited November 2013