Lowest prices for your stay
US$48
Free cancellation until 30/10/21
Hotels.comUS$48
PricelineUS$40
eDreamsUS$42
All reviews wi fi rooms are nice min walk pools pier sairee fan
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights. On arrival we were upgraded to a pool room (balcony opened onto pool) which was a bonus. The rooms are lovely and ideal for couples. The Wi-Fi isn't very reliable if you need to use it for work etc. It constantly drops. The pools are lovely however the reason I'd fault this hotel is that the pool is always occupied by scubadivers practising their techniques. Hence, you cannot use the pool which is very irritating when you've paid for the hotel facilities. Another fault was the house keeping. Often we'd be left without toilet roll, and the floor wouldn't be swept. The hotel is literally on the beach and is a 5 minute walk to the pier and restaurants. Overall our stay was average considering the price and this hotel was probably one of the nicest within the area. However I was very disappointed in the way we couldn't use the pools when we wished.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I have stayed three times for a total of more than thirty nights at the Koh Tao Regal, and I am going back for another week next month (this time in a beach bungalow). Typically I just have the standard room, which has a comfortable queen bed, plenty of room for me and my 75L backpack, my 25L daypack, and my scuba gear bag (which is 130L). Each room has an LED TV (though not sure why you would watch one, you are on a beautiful island, next to the beach).

The staff are very friendly and helpful; they speak very little English (well, those who were there during my stays), so be prepared and always be patient, and try to learn some Thai while you are there. They helped me arrange land transport, helped when I needed to get to a clinic (I needed stitches in my foot), arranged for my laundry to be done quickly at a very reasonable price, provided recommendations for places to eat and places to go on the island, and arranged for the fast ferry to Koh Samui for me.

It is only 200m or so up the beach, north, from Crystal Dive (if you are thinking of diving, Crystal is one of the top four dive schools in the world for PADI, look it up); Crystal and the Regal have the same owners. The pool is great, albeit they are not really trained in pool maintenance so they don't measure water chemistry every day and adjust, they often toss chlorine in to keep it clear and free of contaminants. It is always safe to swim in, and Crystal even does some dive training there. The pool is huge, certainly large enough to swim laps, with a separate deep end.

The restaurant and bar (separate) are very good with reasonable prices, but there is so much good food on the island I always suggest wandering and finding where you like. There is a spa on site, next to the pool, which is clean, air conditioned, with trained staff; massages are a bit more expensive than other local shops, but it is a higher end facility, too.

Overall, if you want better quality than a local hostel or homestay, there is no better place to stay on Koh Tao than the Regal.

Room tip: The pool or ocean rooms provide the best view; other views are just toward other hotels or rooming houses.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ProfessorScuba
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Very nice resort situated on the beach and includes a pool. Room was spacious and cleaned daily. A little upkeep would improve it but it was one of the nicer hotels we stayed in in Thailand. Beds were comfortable and AC worked well. Nice hot showers. We had a main floor room with a porch which was great. Wifi was spotty but it is a smaller island so it is to be expected. Restaurant has decent breakfasts. Resort is about a 20 min walk to the Sairee beach area. It is situated almost right beside Crystal Dive school, if you walk along the beach.

Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Booked this supposed higher end hotel to take a break from the cheap places on our 3 month trip in Asia. Bad and more bad. Crap wifi, broken pool, other used for scuba school next door, ground keeping looks disgusting, asked to pay for ice at the bar, broken shower, no hit water, door that don't seal so mosquito fly in, sink don't drain, so much more. I don't normally due bad reviews only good. But please think twice. We had a amazing under 30 dollar room on koh tao. This is place is not worth the the price.

Date of stay: February 2017
3  Thank Popeye_poulin
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Not my first time staying at this resort and certainly won't be my last.
The manager here Jenny is super friendly and nothing is a problem for her when asking for assistance.
The rooms are fresh and clean and suit our needs perfectly at a budget price.
Would recommend to many seeking a resort within easy access of the pier and short walking distance by beach or small block path to Mea Haad or Sairee.

Date of stay: January 2017