“Open water dive course. ”
Review of Big Blue Diving

Big Blue Diving
Ranked #4 of 91 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: One of Koh Tao's longest established Dive Centers offerring a full range of Scuba Diving Courses from Open Water to Scuba Instructor. Also specialists in Freediving, Technical Diving, Instructor Training & professional Underwater Videography and able to teach in all major languages & all courses including PADI, SSI, BSAC & TDI. Big Blue Diving, Koh Tao also offers FREE accommodation on days spent diving in shared AC dorms making it the most affordable dive center in the world! While also offering private AC bungalows on the beach as well as basic old skool style backpacker bungalows on the beach for those who'd rather pay a little extra for privacy. Awarded numerous prizes from all diving organisations & travel agencies & websites Big Blue Diving is everybodys favourite dive center.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Somerset
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Open water dive course. ”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at Big Blue the staff are really friendly and very helpful. The dive course was great, with Steveo being patient and supportive through the dives. Keep you in a small dive group with plenty of excuses to socialise!!
We upgraded our accommodation from the basic dorm to a fan room. It was all we needed for the week. Overall excellent experience and we fully recommend them!

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing, friendly, professional staff and awesome dives!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I'd previously heard of BigBlue because my friend worked there a few years ago and recommended them to me. I don't usually go with large dive companies because I prefer diving in smaller groups, but I decided to try them anyway and see what they were like, and I'm so glad that I did!
When we arrived I was welcomed by Geordie Stephen, he was extremely friendly, helpful and professional and I immediately felt at ease.
They welcomed me into their team and provided me with some of the best experiences of my life,
I have never been with such an amazing, friendly, organised dive school and the staff are incredible!
My DM, Angel made me feel extremely safe, even at 30m (I'm not a fan of deeper diving) and I fully trusted him and his skills on all of our dives,
I have never felt so safe on a dive tour and I'm extremely grateful to him for providing me with such an amazing experience throughout my time there, we saw some amazing animals, including a whale shark! and I met some awesome people whilst diving with them.
I shall definitely be returning when I next go to Thailand!

Visited May 2014
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great course, but...”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

After arriving at Koh Tao we headed straight to Big Blue diving. We received an email the day before with a lot information about the courses and accommodation. It suggested that there were many options; we could choose between bungalows (300B) and dorms (free). However, when we got there they completely booked and we had to get a bungalow for about 600B. Even though we had average expectations, we were still disappointed. The room was dirty and the shower/toilet were not working properly.

The openwater course was really good. "G", the instructor, was really encouraging and enthousiastic. Also Chris was really good (we had two instructors). Thumbs up!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“First time diving as a large group; Brilliant time!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We travelled as a group of 13, 6 divers and 7 non divers and they were extremely accomodating to everyone. We did the open water SSI course and we all had the best time, its early mornings and quite tiring but it is so worth it! You spend the first two days learning in a classroom and pool which isn't as boring as it sounds!!

I think a big part of why we enjoyed so much was our instructors Luke and Tim, we had a blast and they made the whole experience 10 times more enjoyable. I'd recommend diving with big blue to everyone and if it wasn't for our onward travel plans we would've stayed longer to do more courses. DO IT!!!!!

Visited July 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“First time diver turned full time diver!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I have just completed our open water and our advanced course with big blue and we can both highly recommend them, Sam (my other half) had done a few intro dives in the past and new he would benefit from getting an open water certification, I on the other hand hated the sea, feared fish and the thought of breathing from a silver thing with pipes coming out of it scared me to my core, HOWEVER, Sam talked me into giving it a try.
I had already decided that I wouldn't make it out of the pool... When I met my instructors Max and Petra, fantastic people! Our group of 5 hit it off straight away. Them both sensing my nervousness around the equipment help me through it in a carful none patronising way, Max has a rare talent where he can see your struggling and correct the problem quietly so I never felt embarrassed for doing the blonde girl thing and trying to connect things the wrong way round/back to front or up side down. Petra was brilliant to, always happy to help no question was a silly one, (and yes, it is possibly to throw up in your regulator if you need to) They were both chatty and can tell you many stories that would make you crack up. By the end of it I felt so comfortable we were able to fit the advanced course into our trip, which as it includes a night dive (utterly amazing) my fear of anything to do with the sea has almost disappeared!
All in all the whole big blue team are friendly and professional - when necessary, but basically one big fun seeking happy family!
I would highly recommend the company as a whole but would personally highly recommend Max and Petra!
I can't thank you both enough for you patience and guidance! We will see you again I'm sure.
Sam and Soph.